Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Ghost of Sparta
13011 posts

Re: All Competitive - Consolidate 10-player modes into a single playlist!

Sep 28, 2012

Or perhaps there are not enough people playing near my country/continent.

The matchmaking actually tries to match you with people who have low latency ("Searching for optimal/close game"), but it's not always possible as I said. With a big & unified player pool, that wouldn't be an issue.

http://community.us.playstation.com/t5/The-Last-of-Us-Multiplayer/Ping-filter-toggle-SUPPORT-for-less-lag/m-p/40782623
Please use plain text.
Message 51 of 171 (313 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
211 posts

Sep 28, 2012
Patch 1.15 is not changing matchmaking to be based on rank the way you think it is tap. The change is after finding players, teams are chosen by legacy and rank.
Please use plain text.
Message 52 of 171 (308 Views)
Ghost of Sparta
13011 posts

Sep 28, 2012

Huskers1598 wrote:
Patch 1.15 is not changing matchmaking to be based on rank the way you think it is tap. The change is after finding players, teams are chosen by legacy and rank.

Source?

They actually said that each Legacy will add 5 "invisible" levels. So, I presume that it would search for players with a similar Legacy.

Team balancing may make sense for randoms (although I doubt that ND would do that for many reasons), but that's not how it would work for parties. In parties the party leader is responsible for the matchmaking criteria (DLC toggle, location-based matchmaking and Legacy-based in the future).

http://community.us.playstation.com/t5/The-Last-of-Us-Multiplayer/Ping-filter-toggle-SUPPORT-for-less-lag/m-p/40782623
Please use plain text.
Message 53 of 171 (299 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
42 posts

Sep 28, 2012

tapantaola wrote:

Or perhaps there are not enough people playing near my country/continent.

The matchmaking actually tries to match you with people who have low latency ("Searching for optimal/close game"), but it's not always possible as I said. With a big & unified player pool, that wouldn't be an issue.

...and now we're back to square one :smileyhappy: take out the voting and i'm on board.

Please use plain text.
Message 54 of 171 (294 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
413 posts

Sep 28, 2012
Tap - what about this to reduce voting screens:

You're given the choice over TDM or TO, let's say. To remove a voting screen from the next round, whichever mode is not chosen for the first game will become the mode for the second game. Possibly even for the map vote as well?

Just thinking of small ways to improve the overall idea. I still would prefer an all-comp-TDM and an all-comp-Obj.
Photobucket
Please use plain text.
Message 55 of 171 (285 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
42 posts

Sep 28, 2012

this doesn't make any sense.  if legacy searches for legacy the pool will be even more divided and latency worse.  Whatever happened to good old fashion region based matchmaking and if you got matched up against better players you died till you got better?!?

I blame cod's upgrade scheme for all of this.  Noobs don't want to be matched up against those with the power weapons, so network mediocrity ensues.

Please use plain text.
Message 56 of 171 (284 Views)
Hekseville Citizen
211 posts

[ Edited ]
Sep 28, 2012

tapantaola wrote:

Huskers1598 wrote:

Source?

They actually said that each Legacy will add 5 "invisible" levels. So, I presume that it would search for players with a similar Legacy.

Team balancing may make sense for randoms (although I doubt that ND would do that for many reasons), but that's not how it would work for parties. In parties the party leader is responsible for the matchmaking criteria (DLC toggle, location-based matchmaking and Legacy-based in the future).

My only source is from the Q&A thread, and what I saw there had nothing to do with searching for similar level players. I assumed he meant team balancing after players have been found. Do you have another source that says otherwise?

"For the sake of matchmaking we will be making changes in patch 1.15 that will treat each level of Legacy as 5 additional levels. So, for example, if you are Legacy 5 you will be marked as level 100 although you won’t see that. We never had levels 76-99 in the game and we won’t be including those."

Please use plain text.
Message 57 of 171 (268 Views)
0 Likes
Ghost of Sparta
13011 posts

[ Edited ]
Sep 28, 2012

Why are you guys so much concerned about multiple voting screens?

Let's say that each voting screen lasts for 5 seconds (I think it is 15 secs currently, which is way too long IMHO). That's 3 x 5 = 15 secs in best scenario and 4 x 5 = 20 secs in worst case scenario (TDM with Airstrip/London, so an extra voting screen for intros). That's not a lot of time, especially if you chat with friends. You would need another 40-50 secs to load the map/skin assets, so you would only waste around 1 minute for that stuff.

To be honest I like the concept of intros (the implementation is poor though, especially in London), but I want people to have choices. I never asked ND to remove them, although many people wanted that. So, voting for them is the best compromise.

@Huskers

Matchmaking always tries to search for players with similar criteria (Default or DLC maps, low ping etc.) That's how it always worked, with certain criteria. They will just ditch the low ping factor and add Legacies in its place. They did the same in UC2 MP, when people complained about vets steamrolling noobs. Remember?

Team balancing is not an option for parties, since it would split them (do you want that? it already happens anyway and they plan to fix that). Team balancing for randoms could potentially hurt their tournament tickets' revenue (sad, but true).

ps: "We never had levels 76-99 in the game." <-- Yeah right! http://images2.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20111127193247/uncharted/images/archive/0/00/20120417165623!Dr...

Please use plain text.
Message 58 of 171 (245 Views)
Hekseville Citizen
211 posts

[ Edited ]
Sep 28, 2012

I edited my reply with a quote. Read that and I think you will agree that he's talking about team balancing based on legacies, not selective matchmaking based on legacies.

Please use plain text.
Message 59 of 171 (237 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
990 posts

Sep 28, 2012

tapantaola wrote:

Why are you guys so much concerned about multiple voting screens?

Let's say that each voting screen lasts for 5 seconds (I think it is 15 secs currently, which is way too long IMHO). That's 3 x 5 = 15 secs in best scenario and 4 x 5 = 20 secs in worst case scenario (TDM with Airstrip/London, so an extra voting screen for intros). That's not a lot of time, especially if you chat with friends. You would need another 40-50 secs to load the map/skin assets, so you would only waste around 1 minute for that stuff.

To be honest I like the concept of intros (the implementation is poor though, especially in London), but I want people to have choices. I never asked ND to remove them, although many people wanted that. So, voting for them is the best compromise.

@Huskers

Matchmaking always tries to search for players with similar criteria (Default or DLC maps, low ping etc.) That's how it always worked, with certain criteria. They will just ditch the low ping factor and add Legacies in its place. They did the same in UC2 MP, when people complained about vets steamrolling noobs. Remember?

Team balancing is not an option for parties, since it would split them (do you want that? it already happens anyway and they plan to fix that). Team balancing for randoms could potentially hurt their tournaments tickets revenue (sad, but true).

ps: "We never had levels 76-99 in the game." <-- Yeah righthttp://images2.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20111127193247/uncharted/images/archive/0/00/20120417165623!Dr...

D@mn Naughty Dog, you lazy dogs!

Please use plain text.
Message 60 of 171 (237 Views)
0 Likes