Ghost of Sparta
13011 posts

Re: All Competitive - Consolidate 10-player modes into a single playlist!

[ Edited ]
Sep 27, 2012

BirthBS wrote:

1) Finding players in the "All competitive" playlist in U2 was always impossible.
So i don't think it will be a success.

2) And Btw i want to play tdm but TO wins 6-4.
**bleep** that...i hate TO why do i have to play it?

3) And also, playing your favourite mode on a hated map is different than playing in a mode you hate.

Don't like map =/= don't like mode.

4) You also have to consider that 80% of the people would vote TDM because it's the most played playlist in all MP games, so plunder players that are not in parties will most of the times "lose" in the voting section!

1) Because we also had separate Team Deathmatch, Plunder, Objective, Elimination and The Lab playlists which monopolized the player pool. Why did you forget to mention that?

UC2 All Competitive != UC3 All Competitive

It will be a success if it reduces lag. Many people have abandoned UC3 MP for that reason alone. If you have a better solution to suggest, then I'm all ears.

2) That's the compromise that we have to make to improve this game lag-wise. No pain, no gain. 
There are no magic solutions.

3) It is the same thing. Many people don't like Highrise, but they suck it up and they play it.

People usually quit when they get roflstomped, not just because they don't like a certain map and/or mode.

4) As someone else said, playing TDM all the time can get boring pretty fast, especially with those pesky Powerplays. Voting for Objective types can be a nice change of pace.

Huskers1598 wrote:
But, not everyone has people to party up with, and I don't think you should be required to to play the mode you want. 

If you don't party up, then you can forget about getting the star or challenging Co-op trophies.

Matchmaking is already random and unreliable (lots of noobs), so you shouldn't depend on that for the things that I mentioned.

http://community.us.playstation.com/t5/The-Last-of-Us-Multiplayer/Ping-filter-toggle-SUPPORT-for-less-lag/m-p/40782623
Message 21 of 171 (508 Views)
Wastelander
793 posts

Sep 27, 2012

Nice!! Excelent idea!

Also, anything for less lag please! Smiley Tongue

www.youtube.com/user/artennos - my new channel!

New PSN: Artennos

Message 22 of 171 (483 Views)
Survivor
2178 posts

Sep 27, 2012
Yay tap is posting! And nice point about lag and player pool. Things like that are what really make and break games.

Message 23 of 171 (481 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
216 posts

[ Edited ]
Sep 27, 2012

Huskers1598 wrote:

But, not everyone has people to party up with, and I don't think you should be required to to play the mode you want. 

tapantaola wrote:

If you don't party up, then you can forget about getting the star or challenging Co-op trophies.

Matchmaking is already random and unreliable (lots of noobs), so you shouldn't depend on that for the things that I mentioned.

Alright good point, but here's my other point. The main idea of co op arena was to create variety and make the player pool bigger compared to separated modes, and people didn't like it because they want to play what they want to play. Grouping all co op modes together would give people even less freedom to play what they want, and I don't think people would respond well at all (including me).

Message 24 of 171 (481 Views)
0 Likes
Highlighted
Ghost of Sparta
13011 posts

[ Edited ]
Sep 27, 2012

Huskers1598 wrote:

Huskers1598 wrote:

tapantaola wrote:

Alright good point, but here's my other point. The main idea of co op arena was to create variety and make the player pool bigger compared to separated modes, and people didn't like it because they want to play what they want to play. Your idea for co op would give people even less freedom to play what they want, and I don't think people would respond well at all (including me).

Co-op Arena in UC2 MP was a single playlist, but it had multiple separated modes (Survival, Siege, Gold Rush). Co-op Arena modes should be separated in UC3 MP as well. Ali has made a thread about that.

Did you read the OP? I even suggested separate Objective modes!

http://community.us.playstation.com/t5/The-Last-of-Us-Multiplayer/Ping-filter-toggle-SUPPORT-for-less-lag/m-p/40782623
Message 25 of 171 (473 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
216 posts

Sep 27, 2012

tapantaola wrote:

Huskers1598 wrote:

Huskers1598 wrote:

tapantaola wrote:

Alright good point, but here's my other point. The main idea of co op arena was to create variety and make the player pool bigger compared to separated modes, and people didn't like it because they want to play what they want to play. Your idea for co op would give people even less freedom to play what they want, and I don't think people would respond well at all (including me).

Co-op Arena in UC2 MP was a single playlist, but it had multiple separated modes (Survival, Siege, Gold Rush). Co-op Arena modes should be separated in UC3 MP as well. Ali has made a thread about that.

Yes I did read it, but what does separated Objective modes have to do with co op? I don't mean any disrespect to you, I'm just saying my opinion that co op doesn't belong with this idea. 

Message 26 of 171 (458 Views)
0 Likes
Ghost of Sparta
13011 posts

Sep 27, 2012

Huskers1598 wrote:

tapantaola wrote:

Huskers1598 wrote:

Huskers1598 wrote:

tapantaola wrote:

Yes I did read it, but what does separated Objective modes have to do with co op? I don't mean any disrespect to you, I'm just saying my opinion that co op doesn't belong with this idea. 

The same philosophy should apply to everything: lots of different separate modes (to promote variety), but in the same playlist (to reduce lag). That's the point.

Message 27 of 171 (454 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
216 posts

Sep 27, 2012

Huskers1598 wrote:

tapantaola wrote:

I would love this actually. Just the idea of not being able to choose between arena, adventure, or shades mode would be frustrating to me.

Message 28 of 171 (444 Views)
0 Likes
Ghost of Sparta
13011 posts

[ Edited ]
Sep 27, 2012

Huskers1598 wrote:

Huskers1598 wrote:

tapantaola wrote:

I would love this actually. Just the idea of not being able to choose between arena, adventure, or shades mode would be frustrating to me.

A unified Co-op playlist should work like this:

1st voting screen: Arena or Adventure types.

2nd voting screen (optional): if Arena is voted, then you vote between regular Co-op Arena or Shade.

3rd voting screen (optional): you vote for a specific Arena mode (Survival, Siege, Gold Rush -regular Arena only-, Marked Man -Shade only-).

4th voting screen: you vote for maps and difficulty.

And as I said, each voting screen should only last around 5-10 secs at most, so it would be quick overall.

What do you think? Smiley Happy

inb4 "But, but but no one would vote for Shade!" Smiley Tongue LOL, I rarely find people in Shade matchmaking with DLC off (yes, I prefer the Default maps), so it wouldn't be any worse than that.

Message 29 of 171 (434 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
216 posts

Sep 27, 2012

tapantaola wrote:

Huskers1598 wrote:

Huskers1598 wrote:

tapantaola wrote:

A unified Co-op playlist should work like this:

1st voting screen: Arena or Adventure types.

2nd voting screen (optional): if Arena is voted, then you vote between regular Co-op Arena or Shade.

3rd voting screen (optional): you vote for a specific Arena mode (Survival, Siege, Gold Rush -regular Arena only-, Marked Man -Shade only-).

4th voting screen: you vote for maps.

And as I said, each voting screen should only last around 5-10 secs at most, so it would be quick overall.

What do you think? Smiley Happy

inb4 "But, but but no one would vote for Shade!" Smiley Tongue LOL, I rarely find people in Shade matchmaking with DLC off (yes, I prefer the Default maps), so it wouldn't be any worse than that.

And you would need a difficulty voting screen. Smiley Wink idk it wouldn't be too bad, I just don't know if it's necessary. Personally, I haven't experienced a lot of game breaking lag in co op with randoms.

Message 30 of 171 (397 Views)
0 Likes