Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Sep 27 2012
By: tapantaola Ghost of Sparta 13011 posts

All Competitive - Consolidate 10-player modes into a single playlist!

[ Edited ]
170 replies 1788 views Edited Sep 27, 2012

The idea is pretty simple: consolidate 10-player modes (Team Deathmatch, Plunder, Team Objective, Hardcore, Elimination, The Lab, Classic) into a single playlist (All Competitive).

They can also add new modes, such as TDM variants (RPG-only anyone?), Elimination variants (Michael Myers) and so on, without sacrificing already existing ones. They can also add separate Objective modes (Turf War, King of the Hill, Treasure Hunter, Multi Marked Man), except Chain Reaction (for obvious reasons).

Three Team Deathmatch and Free For All would still have separate playlists, due to different player count.

Regarding Co-op, they could consolidate 3-player Co-op modes (Co-op Arena, Co-op Adventure, Co-op Shade Survival) into a single playlist. Lag is an issue in Co-op as well (i.e. Armoured SAS guys shooting behind corners/cover).

Co-op Hunter would still have a separate playlist, due to different player count.

FAQ (Frequently Asked Questions):

"Why should they do this?" I hear you ask.

Benefits:

1) A bigger and unified player pool -> less lag (yes, without dedicated servers!) & faster matchmaking.

2) Treasure sets for Team Deathmatch, Plunder, Team Objective, Hardcore, Elimination should be available across ALL modes in this playlist. Why?

Because ND specifically added mode-exclusive treasure sets to keep separate player pools populated. Since we would have one big player pool, then we wouldn't need mode-exclusive treasure sets anymore. Right?

So yeah, that means easier Hardcore and Elimination treasures for everyone that plays All Competitive!

3) It would promote variety. I know some people wouldn't agree, but variety is the spice of life!

Either way, if you don't like a certain mode, then you wouldn't vote for it. The same happens with certain maps (i.e. Highrise).

How would it work?

We need multiple voting screens:

1st voting screen: Deathmatch or Objective types.

2nd voting screen: if the majority voted for Deathmatch types, then you would be able to vote between Team Deathmatch, Hardcore, Elimination, Classic and maybe other kill-oriented modes.

If the majority voted for Objective types, then you would be able to vote between Plunder, Team Objective and maybe other objective-oriented modes.

Note: The Lab would potentially fall into both categories, depending on the current Lab.

3rd voting screen: you would vote for maps. Pretty much self-explanatory.

4th voting screen (optional): If Team Deathmatch and Airstrip/London Underground come up, then you should be able to vote for intros or not.

Each voting screen should only last around 5-10 secs at most.

What about missions?

Well, the mission system needs an overhaul. Let's just say that they should remove the timer completely. That would solve many problems. Maybe you should also be able to activate 2 missions at once.

What about the tournament?

The tournament system needs a huge overhaul as well. I don't know what changes will 1.15 have, but you should be able to spend a ticket after Team Deathmatch or Hardcore is voted. Also, don't forget that Three Team Deathmatch would still have a separate playlist and it's easier to win matches there!

What about loadouts?

We would obviously need more loadout slots to compensate for the fact that we would have many different modes in a single playlist.

So, did I miss anything? :smileyhappy: Feel free to contribute (constructive) feedback and support this thread if you like this idea!

http://community.us.playstation.com/t5/The-Last-of-Us-Multiplayer/Ping-filter-toggle-SUPPORT-for-less-lag/m-p/40782623
Message 1 of 171 (1,788 Views)
Gaming Beast
1829 posts

Re: All Competitive - Consolidate 10-player modes into a single playlist!

Sep 27, 2012

Sounds quite interesting, I wonder if this would work out. I'm a fan of all modes so it sounds good to me.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Message 2 of 171 (1,750 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
1950 posts

Sep 27, 2012

You should post more tap. Great thread 

EminentFury= GOAT Debater/intellectual Conservative.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

34gau1c.jpg

Message 3 of 171 (1,722 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
69 posts

Sep 27, 2012

Yeah, I hoped that classic mode will have all the competitive modes as well as many other formers. Hopefully ND will reconsider that.

Also, I think the voting process that you have suggested is too much, and IMO, it should like UC2 ACMs, random and simple.

Message 4 of 171 (1,684 Views)
Ghost of Sparta
13011 posts

Sep 27, 2012

B_Smiley wrote:

Also, I think the voting process that you have suggested is too much, and IMO, it should like UC2 ACMs, random and simple.

I think that my suggested voting scheme would give complete freedom to the players.

http://community.us.playstation.com/t5/The-Last-of-Us-Multiplayer/Ping-filter-toggle-SUPPORT-for-less-lag/m-p/40782623
Message 5 of 171 (1,677 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
69 posts

Sep 27, 2012

tapantaola wrote:

B_Smiley wrote:

I think that my suggested voting scheme would give complete freedom to the players.

I agree with you, but you have to admit, it'll be tedious a bit.  :smileytongue:

What I also fear is that the TDM modes will be dominant with the suggested voting due to its popularity in the community unfortunately.

Message 6 of 171 (1,644 Views)
Sackboy
476 posts

Sep 27, 2012
Great idea and suggestions, Kudos.
I agree with tap on the voting, but IMO voting time should be decreased,= or else it will take a very long time to start a game.
And even though deathmatch is favored, if you stay with the same people they will eventually vote for objective types since they might get bored of it and would like to enjoy the variety of this playlist.
I would add a mercenary mode in this playlist as well, perfect chance to do so.
Message 7 of 171 (1,633 Views)
0 Likes
Ghost of Sparta
13011 posts

Sep 27, 2012

B_Smiley wrote:

tapantaola wrote:

B_Smiley wrote:

1) I agree with you, but you have to admit, it'll be tedious a bit.  :smileytongue:

2) What I also fear is that the TDM modes will be dominant with the suggested voting due to its popularity in the community unfortunately.

1) That's why I said that each voting screen should only last 5-10 secs, so it should be quick.

2) Maybe, just like London gets way more votes than Highrise. If you play in a objective-focused party, it shouldn't be an issue.

Message 8 of 171 (1,629 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
2029 posts

Sep 27, 2012
What if I hate TO, plunder, the lab, elimination, and hardcore?
Message 9 of 171 (1,591 Views)
0 Likes
Ghost of Sparta
13011 posts

Sep 27, 2012

lII-Venom-lII wrote:
What if I hate TO, plunder, the lab, elimination, and hardcore?

You do what Highrise haters do: you don't vote for them.

Message 10 of 171 (1,577 Views)