Reply
Fender Bender
Registered: 08/21/2011
Offline
2381 posts
 

Re: After 10 months

Feb 3, 2013

Crimsonine wrote:

1.PNG

This is the spot I was thinking of on Museum. If you're halfway decent it's insanely easy to camp here.

 

Chateau, by both turrets is what I had in mind.

 

Desert Village, in the area by both spawns.

 

I should note, I was thinking of these as being good for camping with a sniper, because that's what I use.


That spot on the Museum is the "Scoped in" spot I described earlier Smiley Very Happy

 

The villain side turret might be good for sniping but you can get shot in the back real easy. Camping at the heroes side turret is suicide.

 

Sniping on the desert village is never a good idea. The heroes spawn is too open and gets you killed in no-time. The villain side might be good to camp but you can't snipe people from a big distance as you have only a small area to oversee. And you can get shot in the back from a hundred ways.

Message 21 of 32 (251 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
Registered: 05/13/2010
Offline
3959 posts
 

Re: After 10 months

Feb 3, 2013
I've always felt that Uncharted is basically camp proof. Its hard to get more than 3-4 kills while camping. And if you're killed in a camp spot, its even tougher to get kills in that spot again. There are always exceptions, but you really just can't camp in Uncharted.

CoD is built for camping. FPS games are usually like this. Not much verticality, lots of corners. Plant a claymore, use a silencer and use a perk like Ghost on BO. You can stay there a long time and rack up kills. Once your claymore is gone or you finally get killed, just go to one of the other 8 camping spots on the map. Heck, go right back to where you were. Camping is encouraged and rewarded in CoD.
Message 22 of 32 (230 Views)
I Only Post Everything
Registered: 06/11/2012
Offline
1036 posts
 

Re: After 10 months

Feb 3, 2013

xxBLiTZKREIGxx wrote:
I've always felt that Uncharted is basically camp proof. Its hard to get more than 3-4 kills while camping. And if you're killed in a camp spot, its even tougher to get kills in that spot again. There are always exceptions, but you really just can't camp in Uncharted.

CoD is built for camping. FPS games are usually like this. Not much verticality, lots of corners. Plant a claymore, use a silencer and use a perk like Ghost on BO. You can stay there a long time and rack up kills. Once your claymore is gone or you finally get killed, just go to one of the other 8 camping spots on the map. Heck, go right back to where you were. Camping is encouraged and rewarded in CoD.

Ehh, in BO2 there are just as many ways to prevent it though. Tactical grenades, MMS, Engineer, Flak Jacket, Tac Mask, and there aren't THAT many good spots anyway. In fact I find it really easy to stay hidden in Uncharted due to it being 3rd person so I can look around me without my body showing.

I do gameplay/commentary, help me out and subscribe! Click my siggy to get to my channel!
Photobucket

Photobucket

I don't really play Uncharted 3 much anymore... Smiley Sad
Message 23 of 32 (225 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Highlighted
I Only Post Everything
Registered: 06/11/2012
Offline
1036 posts
 

Re: After 10 months

Feb 3, 2013

Hielke6991 wrote:

Crimsonine wrote:

1.PNG

This is the spot I was thinking of on Museum. If you're halfway decent it's insanely easy to camp here.

 

Chateau, by both turrets is what I had in mind.

 

Desert Village, in the area by both spawns.

 

I should note, I was thinking of these as being good for camping with a sniper, because that's what I use.


That spot on the Museum is the "Scoped in" spot I described earlier Smiley Very Happy

 

The villain side turret might be good for sniping but you can get shot in the back real easy. Camping at the heroes side turret is suicide.

 

Sniping on the desert village is never a good idea. The heroes spawn is too open and gets you killed in no-time. The villain side might be good to camp but you can't snipe people from a big distance as you have only a small area to oversee. And you can get shot in the back from a hundred ways.


Hmm, I guess, those have never really been a problem for me. Whatever Smiley Wink

I do gameplay/commentary, help me out and subscribe! Click my siggy to get to my channel!
Photobucket

Photobucket

I don't really play Uncharted 3 much anymore... Smiley Sad
Message 24 of 32 (223 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
Registered: 01/27/2012
Offline
1239 posts
 

Re: After 10 months

Feb 5, 2013

H3ll must have froze over because I bought Black Ops2 which is my FIRST FPS ever that I bought.  I never thought I would play a CoD game, but it was $30 on sale and I said "oh why not"

 

I played the crap out of it for three weeks and already have stopped playing it.  It's just not as "cool" and "charming" as UC2 or UC3.  The fact that in UC3 you are playing in third person and can do taunts, manuever around to dodge bullets, strafe around to survive, jump and roll makes it a much "cooler" game.  It takes way more skill to be good at UC3 than it does at CoD.  In CoD I run and gun and have a 1.25 KDR which is pretty good considering this is the first time I'm playing a FPS and that most of the people running around have under 1 KDR.  I used tactics I learned in UC and translated them over to CoD.

 

CoD is just a garbage game and it's basically a "who sees who first" game.  Whoever gets the jump on each other is going to win.  You can rarely get away as all gunbattles are instant death.  I only will occasionally play it now when my friends play just for sh!ts and giggles.

 

Granted I don't know all the playlists and don't know all the camping spots or even all the layouts of the map but CoD will never ever be as fun and charming as UC

 

But then again, I stopped playing shooters all together since I'm concentrating on finding myself a wifey...and playing Ni No Kuni when I have spare time LOL

Message 25 of 32 (188 Views)
Keyblade Wielder
Registered: 07/23/2012
Offline
6709 posts
 

Re: After 10 months

Feb 5, 2013

I find it weird that this is the game that damages me emotionally everytime I play, yet I've been playing for over a year already and oddly enjoy it still... I literally turn on my ps3 knowing I'm going to rage once I start playing this game and I still have fun with it.

 

It's weird...

Feet
Message 26 of 32 (172 Views)
Ghost of Sparta
Registered: 11/28/2009
Offline
13011 posts
 

Re: After 10 months

Feb 5, 2013

sanddude20 wrote:

I find it weird that this is the game that damages me emotionally everytime I play, yet I've been playing for over a year already and oddly enjoy it still... I literally turn on my ps3 knowing I'm going to rage once I start playing this game and I still have fun with it.

 

It's weird...


It's called an "abusive relationship".

http://community.us.playstation.com/t5/The-Last-of-Us-Multiplayer/Ping-filter-toggle-SUPPORT-for-less-lag/m-p/40782623
Message 27 of 32 (161 Views)
Keyblade Wielder
Registered: 07/23/2012
Offline
6709 posts
 

Re: After 10 months

Feb 5, 2013

tapantaola wrote:

sanddude20 wrote:

I find it weird that this is the game that damages me emotionally everytime I play, yet I've been playing for over a year already and oddly enjoy it still... I literally turn on my ps3 knowing I'm going to rage once I start playing this game and I still have fun with it.

 

It's weird...


It's called an "abusive relationship".


I like it

 

Feet
Message 28 of 32 (153 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
Registered: 03/02/2012
Offline
6968 posts
 

Re: After 10 months

Feb 5, 2013

Crimsonine wrote:

1.PNG

This is the spot I was thinking of on Museum. If you're halfway decent it's insanely easy to camp here.

 

Chateau, by both turrets is what I had in mind.

 

Desert Village, in the area by both spawns.

 

I should note, I was thinking of these as being good for camping with a sniper, because that's what I use.


Killing a camper in that spot is easy, all you have to do is go to that bridge, get on that box and climb up

JayJay 2515 signature

2 time Face of The WWE Champion
Message 29 of 32 (145 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Survivor
Registered: 12/25/2011
Offline
2201 posts
 

Re: After 10 months

Feb 5, 2013

JayJay2515 wrote:

Crimsonine wrote:

1.PNG

This is the spot I was thinking of on Museum. If you're halfway decent it's insanely easy to camp here.

 

Chateau, by both turrets is what I had in mind.

 

Desert Village, in the area by both spawns.

 

I should note, I was thinking of these as being good for camping with a sniper, because that's what I use.


Killing a camper in that spot is easy, all you have to do is go to that bridge, get on that box and climb up


You can also bank shot a nade off the roof.

If you think something is impossible, you’ll make it impossible.
Message 30 of 32 (130 Views)
Reply
0 Likes