Reply
Highlighted
Treasure Hunter
Registered: 07/18/2012
Offline
4354 posts
 

Re: Ads in its current form make F2P borderline unplayable

Feb 27, 2013
I got an idea. why not just have the adds put in front of the loading screen when starting the game and exiting matches? Heck, I'd rather get "add of death" then get "ring of death", am I right? I mean at least it would be somewhat more ammusing. And they could put an add on UTV as a "commercial break" after a coupple videos (3-5)
Message 11 of 24 (359 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Sackboy
Registered: 09/30/2011
Offline
381 posts
 

Re: Ads in its current form make F2P borderline unplayable

Feb 27, 2013

I actually started the download of the F2P version, but when it was at 10% I stumbled upon this thread, so I canceled the download.

 

But maybe I will download it again if I can get anwsers to these anwsers:

 

Are stats tracked? I am aware of no xp and cash, but I am willing to accept that. No stats would mean that I would play for nothing, which is a waste of time.

 


And even more important for me: I own the fortunehuntersclub dlc, would I still have to watch ads?

If so, F2P really is a big fail. And it's a pretty big fail already....

 

 

Message 12 of 24 (320 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Monster Hunter
Registered: 11/26/2009
Offline
40 posts
 

Re: Ads in its current form make F2P borderline unplayable

[ Edited ]
Feb 27, 2013

IzunaShisui wrote:

I actually started the download of the F2P version, but when it was at 10% I stumbled upon this thread, so I canceled the download.

 

But maybe I will download it again if I can get anwsers to these anwsers:

 

Are stats tracked? I am aware of no xp and cash, but I am willing to accept that. No stats would mean that I would play for nothing, which is a waste of time.

 


And even more important for me: I own the fortunehuntersclub dlc, would I still have to watch ads?

If so, F2P really is a big fail. And it's a pretty big fail already....

 

 


Your stats are still tracked.  Also,  I got word from Eric-ND that the ads are disabled once you unlock the entire MP.

Message 13 of 24 (295 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Fender Bender
Registered: 12/27/2012
Online
3243 posts
 

Re: Ads in its current form make F2P borderline unplayable

Feb 27, 2013
Also for players who owns the disc apparently you will have access to all. Your boosters & kickback even with the level cap.
Message 14 of 24 (288 Views)
Treasure Hunter
Registered: 12/29/2009
Online
5113 posts
 

Re: Ads in its current form make F2P borderline unplayable

Feb 27, 2013

wycliff_12 wrote:
Also for players who owns the disc apparently you will have access to all. Your boosters & kickback even with the level cap.

All stats, unlockables, rank, DLC maps and skins will transfer over to the F2P. The only thing that won't transfer over is the co-op DLC which you have to buy specialised packs for.

Message 15 of 24 (282 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
Registered: 03/02/2012
Offline
6968 posts
 

Re: Ads in its current form make F2P borderline unplayable

[ Edited ]
Feb 27, 2013

If I d/load F2P then put down the $20 will ads still be present?

JayJay 2515 signature

2 time Face of The WWE Champion
Message 16 of 24 (267 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Sackboy
Registered: 09/30/2011
Offline
381 posts
 

Re: Ads in its current form make F2P borderline unplayable

[ Edited ]
Feb 27, 2013

So what is considered the whole multiplayer then? They ask fortunehunters to purchase the co-op dlc in order to remove the ads? Even the fact of having purchased the dlc already should disable ads...

 

That's my opinion though

Message 17 of 24 (265 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Monster Hunter
Registered: 11/26/2009
Offline
40 posts
 

Re: Ads in its current form make F2P borderline unplayable

Feb 27, 2013

If you put down the $20 for the MP it will diable the ads.

Message 18 of 24 (252 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
Registered: 12/29/2009
Online
5113 posts
 

Re: Ads in its current form make F2P borderline unplayable

Feb 27, 2013

Stark_Raven_ wrote:

If you put down the $20 for the MP it will diable the ads.


It just seems very vague as to what packs you need to buy to get rid of them. Do you buy the level unlock pack, the co-op packs, both. Just seems too vague to understand.

Message 19 of 24 (243 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Fender Bender
Registered: 12/27/2012
Online
3243 posts
 

Re: Ads in its current form make F2P borderline unplayable

Feb 27, 2013
You need to buy the full Competitive MP Portion for $19.99 to get rid of the ads.
Message 20 of 24 (232 Views)
Reply
0 Likes