Jun 10 2011
By: averyt3000 Splicer 44 posts

About medal kickbacks

7 replies 77 views Edited Jun 10, 2011

Although there have been some threads about medal kickbacks already, I just wanted to post my own thoughts about them. I think that the medal kickbacks are a good idea, and from some videos I've seen, medals aren't given out too often. This is good, and I hope that medals will be given out with about the same speed as it is being shown in the video in both competitive and cooperative play.

http://www.gametrailers.com/video/e3-2011-uncharted-3/715321

http://www.gametrailers.com/video/e3-2011-uncharted-3/715319?type=flv

Message 1 of 8 (77 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5616 posts

1st one is co-op though, and second on for some reason wo...

Jun 10, 2011

1st one is co-op though, and second on for some reason won't load for me

Message 2 of 8 (77 Views)
0 Likes
Highlighted
Hekseville Citizen
297 posts

Lol they are both co-op..

Jun 10, 2011

Lol they are both co-op..

Message 3 of 8 (77 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
23 posts

I like the medal kickbacks idea a lot. It would be cool t...

Jun 10, 2011
I like the medal kickbacks idea a lot. It would be cool to be able to level up your kick back, just like the boosters.

So say for the RPG-7 kickback, you would get 1 rocket grenade, but as you leveled up your kickback, you would get 2, and then 3rd you need less medals to earn your kickback.

^^ Doesn't need to be this but it would be cool to see everything levelling.
Message 4 of 8 (77 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
458 posts

No, the less CoD-ified Uncharted MP is, the better. We ca...

Jun 10, 2011

King_Kevin97 wrote:
I like the medal kickbacks idea a lot. It would be cool to be able to level up your kick back, just like the boosters.

So say for the RPG-7 kickback, you would get 1 rocket grenade, but as you leveled up your kickback, you would get 2, and then 3rd you need less medals to earn your kickback.

No, the less CoD-ified Uncharted MP is, the better. We can already level up boosters, let's please leave Kickback's alone. 

There are a bunch of kickback-oriented boosters that migh interest you though Kevin:

• Bargain - Decrease Medal Kickback cost by 1
  • Overstock - Medal Kickback limit increased by 3
  • Kickback Endurance - Increase Medal Kickback times by 10%
  • Stealth Buddy - Fill your Medal Kickback when your buddy gets a stealth kill

Message 5 of 8 (77 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
817 posts

Overstock - Medal Kickback limit increased by 3   I don't...

Jun 10, 2011

Overstock - Medal Kickback limit increased by 3

I don't get this one, maybe it's because my first langage is french but...don't know...

Can't we choose just one kickback medal before a match?  Or I didn't understand what the limit of 3 account for?

Message 6 of 8 (77 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
458 posts

Correct, you can only choose 1 type of kickback per match...

Jun 10, 2011

DaveedT13 wrote:

Overstock - Medal Kickback limit increased by 3

I don't get this one, maybe it's because my first langage is french but...don't know...

Can't we choose just one kickback medal before a match?  Or I didn't understand what the limit of 3 account for?

Correct, you can only choose 1 type of kickback per match.

What I think this means is that you can hold a higher capacity of medals for kickbacks. 

For example, say you've equipped a kickback that requires 7 medals to use. Up in the top left underneath your gun there will be a 0/7. As you earn medals, that number will go up (2/7, 5/7 etc.). After you reach all 7 medals, any medals you earn from that point on won't count toward any kickbacks. You have to activate your kickback, then the counter resets back to 0/7.

Now my guess is that this booster allows you up to 3 additional medals past the normal limit. So you could in thoery have 10 medals total with these example (10/7).

Now I could be completely wrong, but that's just what I think it means.

Message 7 of 8 (77 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
9167 posts

Yes... I so want the guy I'm shooting to randomly spawn n...

Jun 10, 2011

King_Kevin97 wrote:

Yes... I so want the guy I'm shooting to randomly spawn not one, but two RPGs with which to blow me away not once, but twice.

I already feel skeptical about people leveling up their boosters (I have yet to see this really touched upon in-depth, however, so perhaps it will be less drastic than it sounds), and I'd really rather people couldn't also level up their kickbacks. From what I've seen, they're already powerful enough.

Message 8 of 8 (77 Views)
0 Likes