May 10 2012
By: monkeybutler100 Treasure Hunter 4340 posts

A "Sorry" or "Thanks!" team mate taunt

15 replies 18 views Edited May 10, 2012

So it's not going to happen in this game, as it's a bit much to expect, but adding the ability to communicate with random team mates through 'taunts' would be cool.

Say you've accidently killed somebody - simply stand still, and click L3 to say "Sorry!" in an action

Or your team mate has just saved your a$$ - click R3 to say "Thanks!" in a different action

I think that'd be a cool addition to U4.

Message 1 of 16 (18 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
606 posts

Re: A "Sorry" or "Thanks!" team mate taunt

May 10, 2012

Yea but it will make the controls sticky i think, for example roll and the cover, another is jumping and taunting(i know this one happens rarely).

"If you suck at the game, you're supposed to lose" nuff said
I'm from britan. Kangaroo's n' Cowboy hats, mate
Message 2 of 16 (18 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
4340 posts

May 10, 2012

AliMakaveli wrote:

http://community.us.playstation.com/message/37559376#37559376

Unrelated links and one starring FTW!!!

Message 3 of 16 (18 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
3721 posts

May 10, 2012
Message 4 of 16 (18 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
791 posts

May 10, 2012

I like the idea, the controls could be worked out even more, like holding down like when we want to high five and then holding a particular button.

I like this kind of ideas because I really like to control my character, in most games today all we day is contextual stuff that looks cool and make it easier for today's gamers (that in turn make them "leazier").  By example in U3, we can't choose the melee move that we'll execute, in next-gen console I hope they'll blend those smooth kind of animation with more control to us players on what we exactly want to do.

A nice move for Uncharted would be to be able to throw an ammo clip to a teamate, would be even cooler in coop modes! (like in Eight Days trailer, a sony game for PS3 that never got released)...Eight Days could have been a game made by ND, imagine a "buddy cop" videogame made by ND, sounds good no?

Message 5 of 16 (18 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
4145 posts

May 10, 2012

I don't see why they can't add new taunts to mix things up. Oh, and switching upon death should be re-enabled from the summer beta.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Co-op Adventure Tips & Tricks and Amazing Lab Idea- Now with Brackets Mentioning Kudos Count!

Supporter for more sound in Uncharted 3 Multiplayer

Message 6 of 16 (18 Views)
0 Likes
Last Guardian
10262 posts

May 11, 2012

Throwing ammo clips seems too much. What if an enemy snatches mid-air? What if you kill the giver/receiver? What happens then? The taunt idea is brilliant but I don't see people saying sorry a lot. Just "why the hell didn't you run you noob" and "you stole my kill you noob". Different melee would be nice, although ND would then implement blocking.

Hardcore Mode and Raffica enthusiast; former CEO of Obey Manufacturing, Los Santos, SA; Second Wave Agent specializing in medical training and CERA-JTF EMT
Message 7 of 16 (18 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3078 posts

May 11, 2012

Andding ANYTHING new would be welcome.  UC3 needs some spice!  It's seems like a LONG stretch since the final FHC DLC.  We need something, anything, please! 

Message 8 of 16 (18 Views)
0 Likes
Last Guardian
10262 posts

May 11, 2012

Pimp slap melee.

Hardcore Mode and Raffica enthusiast; former CEO of Obey Manufacturing, Los Santos, SA; Second Wave Agent specializing in medical training and CERA-JTF EMT
Message 9 of 16 (18 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2480 posts

May 11, 2012

Awesome idea! This would probably also prevent revenge-teamkilling (not the booster)

And by the time you're done reading this, you'll realize that this is just my sig
Message 10 of 16 (18 Views)
0 Likes