Highlighted
Oct 31 2012
By: Fakehound Treasure Hunter 4821 posts

A list of customization tweaks for 1.16.

[ Edited ]
81 replies 2087 views Edited Oct 31, 2012

1.16 is coming and with it is most likely coming the much anticipated addition of colors to character's clothing. This is going to be a great change, and I love that Naughty Dog is doing this so far in the games life cycle.  There is one thing that is definitely bothering me about the customization introduced in 1.13 though. You probably already know what I'm talking about, the strange fact that some character variants can't equip certain head items that other variants can. Is this super important? No, but hey, I like nice things.

Heroes

For instance why can't desert Drake wear the bandanna, a ballcap, or aviators? Why can only big people celebrate their birthday? Why does only one version of Elena get any new head items? Why can't I have cat ears or bunny ears on winter Elena, that would be fantastic. Why is it that only winter Chloe gets her scarf, it would look great on Borneo Chloe, or how about Chloe's slim glasses? Wouldn't it be great if young Sully got a Fedora, or maybe suited Sully got sideburns? There are plenty of customization combinations that could be made, these were only a few.

Villains

How about the villains? Why can't desert Talbot wear a cowboy hat or a mask. What if suited Marlowe could wear a beret, or Young Marlowe could wear a phantom mask or maybe jewelry. I'm sure Eddy or Talbot would love to wear a leather mask to prevent them from pigging out in the first place. These are only a few changes, there are plenty you could do. There are so many possibilities that ND could implement, you added Drake's aviators and ballcap to his other variants in 1.13, couldn't you do the same for other characters?

Character Skin blemishes

Some character skins look... off. It would be excellent if you guys could fix some of these problems like...

• Desert Agent 44 is missing his gas mask which was added in 1.13 in LAN (then taken out), but never online.

• Chloe's grey hair.

• Winter Chloe's black eyes.

• Chloe's rectangular tan line on her chest.

• Desert Drake's awful sunburn on his arm.

• Dead Agent's hair turns grey when you equip a head item.

• Tenzin's hair (which is fixed by wearing Jak's goggles)

• Charlie grows an extra set of eyebrows when wearing his scarf, also his shirt's color will clash with his scarf.

• Golden Abyss Drake's textures on his... butt are definitely incomplete.

• Capture Trooper's head color is default black, you can only change the color of the goggles.

• The custom villain's desperado shirt has lines on the arms that are badly stretched.

tlousig2
Message 1 of 82 (2,087 Views)
I Only Post Everything
1104 posts

Re: My list of customization tweaks for 1.16.

Oct 31, 2012

You can't change the color of Capture Trooper's head anymore, just his stupid goggles which you'll barely notice in gameplay.

WHY ND!? Smiley Mad

---------------
I am real super sand legend!
Message 2 of 82 (2,067 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
56 posts

Re: A list of customization tweaks for 1.16.

Oct 31, 2012

Support and all colours have to be free and for all skins.

Message 3 of 82 (2,043 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
2402 posts

Oct 31, 2012

Fakehound wrote:

• Charlie grows an extra set of eyebrows when wearing his scarf, also his shirt's color will clash with his scarf.

I almost forgot that picture :/ Now I will have nightmares for 4 weeks again T_T

Message 4 of 82 (2,033 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
4821 posts

Oct 31, 2012

Hielke6991 wrote:

Fakehound wrote:

I almost forgot that picture :/ Now I will have nightmares for 4 weeks again T_T

tlousig2
Message 5 of 82 (2,024 Views)
Fender Bender
2402 posts

Oct 31, 2012

Fakehound wrote:

Hielke6991 wrote:

Fakehound wrote:

Yes that one...

Message 6 of 82 (2,021 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
1934 posts

Oct 31, 2012

Character models are so inferior compared to UC2.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Message 7 of 82 (1,966 Views)
Wastelander
775 posts

[ Edited ]
Oct 31, 2012

Fakehound wrote:

Character Skin blemishes

Some character skins look... off. It would be excellent if you guys could fix some of these problems like...

• Chloe's grey hair.

• Winter Chloe's black eyes.

• Chloe's rectangular tan line on her chest.

Her hair looking better since 1.15 came out.

I would like to see more Merrisa Chase and Dante from Golden Abyss + few missing skins from U2. But, huh, be realist. Propably never happend...

.........................................................................................................
Step back ND. King is Back:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bLHW78X1XeE
Message 8 of 82 (1,961 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
649 posts

Oct 31, 2012

Do you think the patch will come out on the anniversary event?

Message 9 of 82 (1,942 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
4821 posts

Oct 31, 2012

scodicam wrote:

Do you think the patch will come out on the anniversary event?

I seriously doubt it.

tlousig2
Message 10 of 82 (1,927 Views)
0 Likes