So its (un)offically been a year of Uncharted 3. While I haven't played as much recently, I have played a ton through out the year, to much perhaps. So how do I feel about what has taken place over the last year? It has been for the most part some of the best gaming fun I have had, and also some of the most frustrating. So to start off with the good..
1. The Subway Beta, I found this to be an absolute blast, while at the beginning when everybody was new to the game and almost on the same playing field, I had my good game and bad. By the End of the Beta I would dare to say that this game was at its best. Why?? Because at that point in time it might have been the most balanced that this game has offered over the last year. Think about it no KAL, No Rate of Fire M9, no Pre Patch FAL, No Paid Boosters, Limited Kickbacks, Limited Boosters( No Bargin) were available. It was a great time, I myself had less of an issue with LAG, maybe because it was limited to certain areas of the world, idk. All I can say is I had a great time playing at this point. While it did have its issues mainly Aim Assist being to strong, Blindfire (that was before we even got our hands on the ROF and KAL), Quickboom being OPed. I personally am going to say that this was the best U3 has been, while some might say the Summer Beta was the best, I can't say mainly because I didn't spend enough time on the beta.
2. Release Day, I had wanted this game so badly after getting into the beta( I wasn't sure If i could actually go on living with out getting my nightly fix of U3), being a family man that I am, didn't really have the blessing of my wife to go out and buy the game that day. So I launched the "Get U3 Plan" as luck would have it we were in the middle of remodeling a room in our house at that time, So with a little bit of Deception, I convinced my Lovely Wife, that I need to go to the store and by some stuff todo the "finishing touches" on the room. Since I live BFE the nearest store open at that time of nigh was a Wally World 30min away. So off to the store I go to purchase some "remodeling stuff." So I got my stuff, and slipped in a copy of U3 as well, and would you know it I just so happened to "lose" the receipt. U3 WAS MINE!!! (good thing my wife can't tell the difference between U3 and U2 and doesn't read gaming forums. )
3. The Campaign, Was short and sweet, I breezed threw that in a less then a week, while not as good as U2(every time I write that I think of Bono) it was good. But to be truly honest, I DID NOT buy this game for the campaign. I was late to playing U2, I had beat the game a couple of times and then put it on shelf for a couple of months, Then I ended up having an appendectomy and was laying around, so I threw in U2 and went to the Multiplayer for the 1st time. I must say this was probably a bad idea looking back considering how much I have spent on the 2 collectively.
4 The Frustration Begins to Set In: 1st there was the KAL, o how I hate the KAL to this day. It was my anti-fun gun. I refused to use this worthless, no-talent weapon. Then came the FAL, while not nearly as bad as the KAL, because you actually had to AIM, but still Oped to the point that you were forced to use it or die. I took took the stance of "I will not FAL, unless FAL(ed) upon", Then came the Jump and Shoot Shotgun, O how Hated Thee. Then GMAL, while at first this fun wasn't a favorite of mine, It quickly became a must use weapon because of the Stopping Power, put into it to battle those lovely blindfireing POSs. After playing a couple of games today, I see we have come full circle, BLINDFIRE PREVAILS AGAIN.
5. Fortune Hunters Club: A thank you to ND for making this happen, It was a great deal for DLC, the only problem I ran into it was the fact that It seems only people who played in parties of 5 actually purchased it. Me being a lone wolf most of time, found this very very disheartening, I admit that I'm not even close to Top-Tier in this game and Im fine with that, But every once in a while I like to have a good game were I wasn't over-matched by Pros.
6. The Quitting: O how I hate sore lossers or stat *****s, I once endured a game where I went like 3 - 40, It was against a top clan and right off the bat 3 of my teammate quit, only to replaced by 3 more teammates who quit. then 4 quit, If I remember right after I went back and watched the Cinema I counted that 20+ people joined and quit threw out that game. But NOT ME. I will say that at the end of the game the guys from the other team gave me a complement for not quitting. did make it feel any better tho..
7. The Matchmaking: Sometimes I wonder if I am actually the one person in the USA who actually plays this game. I have tried to get my actual flesh and bone friends to try it, but none have. I was talking to one of them who has the game and I was like "Hey you should play U3 Multiplayer with me some time" he said "Uncharted has multiplayer??" Me "(shakes head in disgust)"
This has been my story of a year of U3, I would like to thank Naughty Dog for a game that actually lasted a year on my playlist. I would also like to thank all the players I have come across while playing U3, some last friendships have actually been made.
Sorry about the long post. but it is what it is.
*Raise the glass for the 1 years anniversery 3.......2........1......Happy New YEAR!!!*
Thank you for this topic and I want to say I liked your story man. It was a bit on the negative side could be in my eyes more positive, but yeah I also know that Uncharted 3 had alot off problems. I laughed at when you actually was going to get the game, hehe your lady is all over you .
Ok this is my version about what happened to me through the year:
1. The Beta: It all started there for me. I was a loner veteran Uncharted 2 player and played with friends the beta that I mainly know from black ops zombies. We had fun but I still thought the game should get some polish, but we spend a good time then.
2. Uncharted 3 the beginning: I got uncharted 3 around x - mas time, because I was very busy with studying so I didn't really had the time to game, but when I got it I played the singleplayer first while my brother in the law, my sister and my best friend where watching (the same they did with uncharted 2). I again was amazed by how spectacular the story was and in the past I really did play uncharted more for the singleplayer then the multiplayer because I loved it so much. Short after I beated the campaign I started doing the multiplayer and I was immidiatly hooked on it .
3. The campaign: I really liked playing it but I found the end a bit dull. Also the setting was so mainly dessert and I found Uncharted 2 more adventures for the setting: Borneo, Himalaya and Nepal where such awsome places to be. I didn't had the same vibe with: the market, London and ''the lost in sand'' part.
I also didn't like the brutes in the game, (you know the big boys who where hard to knock down) they made it happen that going through the game stealthy was impossible and that was such a thing I liked in uncharted 2 .
The only thing I found uncharted 3 doing a better job in , where the special effects and the graphics. WOW the graphics where even better then uncharted 2 (multiplayer the same) and the special effects where so over the top AWSOME! That burning chateau was so freaking cool! .
4. The multiplayer: Now as I said before I was totally hooked on this game. It was my daily multiplayer game and soon after playing I discovered the forum here. Writing topics here was like a hobby to me. I start noticing the people that came here regular and they started to notice me. We spoke alot off thrash about the game and mods (got banned 2 times), because honestly it was so far away from balanced compared to uncharted 2.
When I joined playing the multiplayer in Januari the KAL problem already was fixed, but I really had problems with this FAL gun. So many people where using it and it accuracy was so fast that nothing on close range and mid could stop it. I actually never used that gun untill it got fixed.
Later on I got irritated with: quiting, revenge, gmal, kickback blindfire, M9 with rapid fire and normal blindfiring. Luckely Naughty Dog fixed most off our problems and I am happy for that, but really I hope if they announce a patch they really need to make it clearer to us when it comes.
After being for a month on this forum I discovered there where clans and because I didn't knew any people playing Uncharted 3 (all my friends stucked to playing black ops zombies and fifa 13 , **bleep**ers) I joined the clan iG+ that later changed into ICE+ and wow I had so much fun there. We were not really a serious clan, but I had my best uncharted 3 moments there.
But fun came to an end because after March the clan broke up (long story) and I really miss some people I knew from there, but luckely there are still a few I play with ( for those ones reading this I love you guys!).
What I really liked about this game where:
- The amazing clan matches with people, really I wanna thank triplewreck and Squid for putting up the fraggednation website and also wanna thank MVP! and ALT+ for the fun matches.
- The endless co - op fun, playing with friends was so awsome and getting treasures.
Further thing that I still like are the modes: Elimination, the lab, 3 team deathmatch and team objective and what I really love are the kickbacks: creepy crawler, juggernaut, cluster bomb and smoke bomb.
Well that was my story off the last year I played this game. In the present I don't really play Uncharted 3 much anymore but I still enjoy it now and then.
My good intentions are that I will whine less about the game and have instead more fun. Hopefully this game stays supported and be played many years!
Nice story, I enjoyed reading it (particularly the part where you had to sneak a copy of the game!) Nice to read something on here that isn't all moaning or doom and gloom.
Do you plan to continue playing the multiplayer? The past 9 months Uncharted 3 multiplayer has been the main game in my PS3 (got the game at Xmas) where I played multiplayer at least a few times of the week (basically whenever I had free time for PS3). But more recently I have changed games and I forsee my next 9 months on PES, Infamous 2, and MGS HD. A lot depends on how much 1.15 addresses issues in the game - here's hoping treasures are a bit easier to get and co-op is given some much needed love.
Don't know how you got ND suck out of that?
Somethings I liked, Some Not, but overall it was a great game that held my interest for almost an entire year!
Dont take it to litteraly. Ali aka the wolf likes to whine alot and spends to much time here, but away from that he is a pretty awsome guy.
Mans like you obviously didn't play the July beta. Way better than the Subway beta.
Dude. You made a goodbye thread. You can't post anymore. That's against the rules. Illegal use of forums, Article 1, Section 12, the "Check Yourself Before You Wreck Yourself" clause.