Fender Bender
3247 posts

Re: +8 X-Ray Vision Meters hats: basically Ping, but the enemy names don't blink.

Sep 10, 2012

Naughty Dog pre-UC3 launch: "There is no Situational Awareness in Uncharted 3".

trollface

Thanks ND.

Message 11 of 67 (1,196 Views)
Highlighted
Treasure Hunter
4595 posts

Re: +8 X-Ray Vision Meters hats: basically Ping, but the enemy names don't blink.

Sep 10, 2012
It's amazing. It's as though the community complaining about SA being in a form of just about ANYTHING from power plays to boosters in each slot to weapon mods to kickbacks to aim dot glitches to paid boosters was not enough, and they decided to add yet ANOTHER SA hybrid when they added these stats hats.

Just... wow.
Message 12 of 67 (1,174 Views)
Treasure Hunter
4595 posts

Sep 10, 2012

xSKIN_N_BONESx wrote:

SouthpawLP wrote:

xSKIN_N_BONESx wrote:

-5% RoF makes the FAL jam a lot more. I'm the person who was telling people that because I found it really did. It also noticeabley slows down the AK and the GMAL. I agree that for the M9 it really makes no difference, and I don't remember trying it with the Para9.

I've checked the range of this +8 X-Ray meters and it's so short that it really only helps you see people that are about to come around corners. At that point you can just sit in a corner and angle your camera to almost the same effect. All this hat does is make the brokeness of blindfire far more evident.

It certainly makes no difference on the Para 9. But hey, why use this with a FAL when you can use a headshot damage-boosting hat for that and get the FAL's old 4HK back?!

Having played it in actual matches it's way more helpful than seeing people that are about to come around corners. The hat has the same range as Ping and has helped me detect people from the zipline room to the T-Bolt hallway in Chateau and other various parts of maps which Ping is useful for.

I was using the using the Horns for the Desert Agent (I like how they look) but they have +12% stopping power and -5% RoF and so I couldn't use it with the FAL or AK and so I stopped using that item that I love so much :/

The distance you're describing seems very far.... I was testing it out in a custom and it seemed like it covered half the distance you're describing. I'm pretty sure it doesn't show up in Cinema either and everyone's name shows up instead so I can't record any of this to compare distances.

Paragraph 1: At least you'll get to use them again when we get the stats hat toggle. Smiley Happy

Paragraph 2: Trust me, I've compared the distances and the Explorer Hat gives virtually the same range of X-Ray Vision as Ping does, except the names don't blink. Use a gun that doesn't get affected, like the M9, and you've got a perfect class for scrubby blindfire.

Message 13 of 67 (1,170 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1668 posts

Sep 10, 2012
Kesh. How many clans are you in. You were in KSQD then you switched I another. Then you were in streak killer then I saw you post on another clan thread yesterday. Stay loyal to ONE clan!!!!!
Naughtydog, you must bring back Charlie Cutter in Uncharted 4.
Message 14 of 67 (1,158 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
330 posts

Sep 10, 2012

SHUT_UP_FOOLS wrote:
Kesh. How many clans are you in. You were in KSQD then you switched I another. Then you were in streak killer then I saw you post on another clan thread yesterday. Stay loyal to ONE clan!!!!!

Wrong thread, man. Wrong thread.

0 Likes
Survivor
2178 posts

Sep 10, 2012
8 meters is useless. That RoF does impact the AK and semiautomatics, and an 8m advantage is nothing. You'll be fighting someone already in that range. Only time it'd be useful is in the chateau, where you could stay in the middle hall and get a second jump on flankers. Unless they have cloaked though. Stats hats are balanced.

Message 16 of 67 (1,124 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5184 posts

Sep 10, 2012

I have cloaked on most of the time unless I decide to legacy. Not my problem.

Message 17 of 67 (1,110 Views)
0 Likes
Keyblade Wielder
10160 posts

Sep 10, 2012
Adding stats is not only the most stupid thing that could have been done, but no one even wanted it to happen. Why have stats on anything? Let alone a FEW of the new items added to the game...and not adding stats to other items in a game that CLEARLY doesn't need stats, never had stats, and should never infact have stats.
Message 18 of 67 (1,106 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
2392 posts

Sep 10, 2012
Stats on hats, in my opinion, was ND's easy way out of finding the technical hooks to make hats, eyewear and chest items useable at the same time, now no one will want it.

I haven't actually seen many people use the X-Ray hats however, so I can't complain about it yet. I see people using the headshot items all the time though, and while they're not really over powered, it annoys me that a hat can cause more damage to a player.
Pepsi
Message 19 of 67 (1,095 Views)
Gaming Beast
2496 posts

Sep 11, 2012

SouthpawLP wrote:

xSKIN_N_BONESx wrote:

-5% RoF makes the FAL jam a lot more. I'm the person who was telling people that because I found it really did. It also noticeabley slows down the AK and the GMAL. I agree that for the M9 it really makes no difference, and I don't remember trying it with the Para9.

I've checked the range of this +8 X-Ray meters and it's so short that it really only helps you see people that are about to come around corners. At that point you can just sit in a corner and angle your camera to almost the same effect. All this hat does is make the brokeness of blindfire far more evident.

It certainly makes no difference on the Para 9. But hey, why use this with a FAL when you can use a headshot damage-boosting hat for that and get the FAL's old 4HK back?!

Having played it in actual matches it's way more helpful than seeing people that are about to come around corners. The hat has the same range as Ping and has helped me detect people from the zipline room to the T-Bolt hallway in Chateau and other various parts of maps which Ping is useful for.

are you sure that a bunch of your team mates didn't have call out on?

ND reads their tweets.
Tweet to them the need for an All competitive playlist. Maybe they'll listen.
Message 20 of 67 (1,065 Views)
0 Likes