Treasure Hunter
5336 posts

Re: 5th Legacy is a Curse!

Aug 14, 2012

WessonsLessons wrote:

ChronoJoe wrote:

WessonsLessons wrote:

Darkblaze333 wrote:

I worked so hard to achieve Legacy #5 and couldn't wait to hop online and show off my rank. Now, everyone calls me a "hacker" or a "no-life". Although, this is actually dumb. It only takes 3-4 days of a lot of playing to achieve 5th Legacy; not like I spent 6 months playing nonstop 24/7 and never went outside or hung out with/talked to anyone... Just played a lot after 1.13 came out - like a lot of people who love U3 did. :smileyindifferent:

They don't just try to bring me down with names, though. Everyone expects me to play amazing, since due to my rank I should have God-like skills, right? (Haha flawless logic) If I don't live up to their expectations, I'm "not even that good and I suck" and if I do, I'm "a no-life who needs to go outside and lose some weight". :smileysad:

Also, I get multiple friend requests now JUST because of my level. Really? -__-

Anyways I thought I'd just share this with you formers since I've been quiet around here lately and felt like posting something up! I'd also be interested to hear about what kind of feedback you other 5th Legacy players have been getting online.

That's it everyone lemma know watch' think! :smileywink:

Before I even read your comment, becoming 5th legacy insinuates that you have no life.  How is one able to become legacy while maintaining breathing and a regular heart beat.  If you are 5th legacy you should be dominant at this game or you are just mentally inferior to the competition.  How is one not in the advantageous position when he plays more than everyone else, the brain simulates the same maps over and over again within the brain yet yours can not think of a viable strategy to outmanouevre the opponent.

When I am facing a high rank my body freezes in place, I get cold feet, knowing that this person is about to unleash majectic animosity on my unsuspecting vessel.  When I see that Kill death Ratio my adrenaline starts rushing, the heart start beating, my pulse can be heard throughout the apartment complex.  I get knocks on the door to keep quiet, even though I haven't uttered a word.

Being a 5th legacy, you should have known the risk, it seems that you are, and will always be a an outcast from the rest of the beasts that obtain 5th legacy.  If I ever see your name in matchmaking I will expect you to be legendary, to be a grizzled old veteran with the marksmenship of an eagle.  If you do not provide this to me then I shall sit there, with a smile on my face, knowing I have just beat someone who has dedicated life itself, got boosters reset 4 times, and had to level up cloaked and fleet foot up again.

Your mistake was posting this on the forum, where everyone will now see you as a sham, as a phony, as someone who where's the 5th legacy as if it were a cookie scout badge.  I now ask you to leave the forum, and hope to god that the user agreement shows up so you can reset your account to obtain brand new stats.  Then delete this thread, or edit the OP, and in a couple years no one will remember this tragedy. 

Some people don't learn at the same rate.

I play this game like once a month and my KDR is like 2.7, way above average (although below some more dedicated players), it's because I'm constantly thinking about the games theory, what I can do better, what I did wrong. I'm not the best player by any means. My muscle memory particularly lets me down, something that would be built up if I played the game a lot more, but what you should acknowledge is that not everyone plays the game like this.

Whilst his muscle memory will be more advanced than mine or yours, and as such he should react faster, aiming better, than we do. However that isn't the case if he's not been playing to win, playing to be the best he can be. Because he may have been using weapons that aren't relevant competitively, he may have been using less than viable strategies, and then in turn developed muscle memory that doesn't even put him on a lesser experienced players level.

In short, someone who's just playing for fun, perhaps concerning themselves more with the cash it takes them to rank up, than their prowess in game, isn't going to learn at the same rate as someone like me who focuses every moment on the match.

There's also theoretical genetic factors. Maybe he's physically incapable of being better than average because of his reaction times. (although this is admittedly rare, anyone who's reaction times fall within normal ranges can excel). I'm sure he's 'good' regardless, people just probably have overly high expectations, he's still human after all.

Also he may have a life. It's summer, people like me and him are free. Now I'm not spending all my time on Uncharted, I'm spending it on a range of hobbies and activities, however I can understand why someone with a passion for the game may use a brief period of time to rank up fast without necessarily having to declare them as having 'no life'. That seems a rather large conclusion to jump on considering you know next to nothing about the guy beyond his handle and statistics.

It all comes down to is if you have the ability to play or not.  Believe it or not the top echelon players instinctively play the game at  a high level, and may come up with new strategies from instinct.  I have noticed  a trend of those who sit down and try to make these useless theories and non-practical guides to be actually just mediocre players in general.  This is because they overthink at  a snail pace, while the other players pull the trigger in a second.

Depends on the game.

You don't become good at Starcraft instinctively. Similarly, theory fighter Viscant, won EVO 2011 Marvel.

Solid theory combined with instincts and reactions make a good player. Your belief that 'you have the ability or not' is wrong, though. Most players reactions fall within normal ranges, all of these players, baring any physical disabilities have the potential to be the best.

Also you study theory post-game, not in-game. Yes that is a problem if you are doing it in-game. In-game you need to be able to make your decisions in a split-second, but post-game you can study matches and theory all you like.

You build up your reaction times to specific context by playing the game, it becomes more instinctive, you also build up your muscle memory by playing the game. Obviously what exactly you build upon depends on what you're doing playing the game.

Being good at the game will depend on varying factors. Some games demand more time than others. Street Fighter, and fighting games generally for instance have exorborantly high-demands of your muscle memory. Which is why all the decent Street Fighter players play literally Street Fighter, and next to nothing more. Games like Uncharted are targeted to a pretty casual audience which is why a lot of what's required of being good at the game is just theory. Knowing what to do at the right time, then instinctively doing it. It doesn't have such high demands of muscle memory because it's controls are relatively natural.

For the most part you get good just by playing, play as much as possible, play players as good as you can find. That is how people get good at even the hardest games in the world like fighting games. Echelon since you mention it is based on predominantly muscle memory, some people build muscle memory a little faster than others and of course some times games simply 'click' with certain people, it's not a very good comparison, mechanically to Uncharted, though, or many console games really. More relevant if we were talking Tribes Asend or something like that.

Message 121 of 124 (347 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1582 posts

Aug 16, 2012
I just became a 5th legacy and I have admit that perople do love to go after you just because of the badge and they LOVE to taunt you but really it doesn't matter because their going to be stuck at 4th legacy with their FF ane M9 RoF.
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Message 122 of 124 (302 Views)
Wastelander
620 posts

Aug 16, 2012

one thing I don't get, and I've haven't been on lately, does cash em in double your xp as well as your cash? Is cash bassically just xp?

Message 123 of 124 (264 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
921 posts

[ Edited ]
Aug 16, 2012

BurstLimitKL wrote:

one thing I don't get, and I've haven't been on lately, does cash em in double your xp as well as your cash? Is cash bassically just xp?

Yea basically. If you get $30,000  in a match, then that's how much XP you get. So, Cash Em In does double it. :smileywink:

Message 124 of 124 (235 Views)
0 Likes