Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Survivor
2216 posts

Re: 3TDM starting spawns

Nov 19, 2012

jAcUzZi__sPlOt wrote:

YEMEN: the team who spawn in the middle spawn ON TOP OF the T-Bolt, and a few meters from the RPG. The two other teams have no chance of even contesting these weapons, and the middle team usually are 3 or 4 kills up (in a 20 kill game) within 30 seconds. This is by FAR the worst example.

You mean like this?

Signature02.png

Message 11 of 19 (179 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
109 posts

Nov 19, 2012

Haha - exactly! I don't blame you because there's nothing else you can do with a guarantee to have such powerful weapons to start.

That middle spawn on Yemen was ridiculous. A good pair would create a massacre from starting there, but even a very weak pair could expect 2 or 3 kills.

I'm interested to see how the changes affect Yemen. I'm not sure whether the middle spawn was just moved to the level above where it was previously, or whether more than just the Mag was moved as well.

Message 12 of 19 (174 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
1830 posts

Nov 19, 2012

In my opinion power weapons should only be allowed in 5vs5's I hate them in 3TDM and in FFA. A raise in kill limit in both of these modes could help though.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Message 13 of 19 (169 Views)
Big Daddy
16326 posts

Nov 19, 2012
15 kills in FFA does seem low. Often, an enemy who runs into a few noobs gets halfway to 15 in half a minute...

The Biggest Lies

5.) The hats aren't the surprise.
4.) Mods knows what they're doing.
3.) It doesn't fit the world paradigm.
2.) I'm not in it for the money.
1.) The player pool will be consolidated.

Message 14 of 19 (158 Views)
Gaming Beast
1830 posts

[ Edited ]
Nov 19, 2012

scootgar wrote:
15 kills in FFA does seem low. Often, an enemy who runs into a few noobs gets halfway to 15 in half a minute...

Exactly, I hate the SAS on FFA especially someone that uses cloaked he can get 6 kills easily within a minute.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Message 15 of 19 (143 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
555 posts

Nov 19, 2012
I think ND change the spawn points of the Power weapons in 3TDM with the latest patch, but not for every map, Its the first time i've actually use Power Hunter lol :smileyvery-happy:

I like cats :3

Message 16 of 19 (133 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
109 posts

[ Edited ]
Nov 20, 2012

So I think these are all the changes to power weapon locations. I don't know yet whether starting spawns have been changed, and on which maps. Overall, ND's done a good job with this - funny that there was no announcement at all regarding this, as on several maps it completely changes the gameplay.

AIRPORT: Pistole removed. No changes to SAS, Mag, RPG. No complaints about power wep locations on this map, as they are all contestable from the start, and none are too dominant for the map / game mode.

YEMEN: T-Bolt moved to top of wooden tower with chest; Mag moved to lower floor of middle building. RPG removed. This was by far the worst configured map previously, so these changes are commendable. The wooden tower is where the most powerful weapon should always have been, as it's a risk-reward proposition in scaling it. An improvement (which won't happen as it involves changing the environment, rather than reassigning power weapons) might be to make the rear face of the wooden tower unclimbable, so that anyone going for the T-Bolt is guaranteed to expose themselves to a couple of angles. A significant upgrade.

DESERT VILLAGE: The T-Bolt replaces the PAK (I don't think it makes much of a difference), on top of the same building. No complaints about the weapons on this map.

LONDON UNDERGROUND: The SAS has been moved up to the top of the platform it previously sat beneath. The Mag above the main train hall has been removed (probably a positive change, as it was too easy to camp those raised platforms when spawning a T-Bolt as a kickback). The Mag at ground level in the middle of the map remains in place, as does the RPG. I don't yet have a grasp of how the starting dynamic has changed, but I assume the middle spawn has moved, seeing as that is where the SAS is now located.

CHATEAU: Unchanged. No complaints.

SYRIA: Sawed-Off moved to lower level of middle building, resting against central pillar. RPG and T-Bolt unchanged. I don't think this change makes much of a difference, other than to open up the Sawed-Off to both of the teams least able to access the RPG / T-Bolt. Assuming the opening spawn positions haven't changed, one team still holds an advantage.

CITY OF BRASS: SAS removed. Mag and late appearing RPG / Hammer unchanged. Agree with this change - the SAS was too powerful and easy to use a weapon for the situation.

MOLTEN RUINS: Unchanged. No complaints.

FACILITY: PAK removed (I had no problem with it, as it was far from dominant). Otherwise unchanged. If the opening spawns are as before, the team starting on the top bridge still hold a large advantage.

HIGHRISE: Unchanged. I would have favored the removal of the RPG, and perhaps a move for the Mag (it's too easy to pick up the T-Bolt and then the Mag, and camp on top of the middle building, holding powerful weapons to cover all ranges and a view of the whole map).

MUSEUM: Hammer moved to building next to where it was previously, on same level; SAS now outside in middle of courtyard, in lowered recess next to chest. Position of T-Bolts unchanged. The SAS move is positive. I'm not sure yet whether the small move for the Hammer makes any difference, though it does change the extent to which the team starting at the bottom of the ladder are exposed in accessing it, and how quickly they can bombard the nearest T-Bolt tower.

Message 17 of 19 (124 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
187 posts

Nov 20, 2012

Power weapons should only spawn after 2 min or so.

Message 18 of 19 (104 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
371 posts

Nov 20, 2012

Your wishes have been heard, power weapon spawns have been adjusted.

http://www.naughtydog.com/site/post/uncharted_3_lab_update_new_block_mesh_lab_map1/

And here is a pic for the unbelievers and lazy among us:

6B1DAA05-P7701002.jpg

Message 19 of 19 (86 Views)
0 Likes