Oct 08 2012
By: AliMakaveli Treasure Hunter 3721 posts

2 Player Crushing FTW!! (Needs More Rewards!!)

[ Edited ]
24 replies 258 views Edited Oct 8, 2012

Ever since U2 I've ALWAYS enjoyed 2 player co-op. At least then in Adventure (Missions) there was a reward (Back To Back Medal) in crushing. I wish that medal was worth $10,000 or even $50,000 because it was tough.

I play 2 player co-op games 99.9% of the time because it's entirely a different and better experience than 3 player IMO.

Here is the difference I noticed (from both games, and personal experience)

2 players:

• Winning feels just that bit sweeter when you work/struggle for it
  • You work hard as it's only the 2 of you, especially if your mate dies and you're on your own
  • The game intensifies after round 3-4ish (in crushing)
  • Games last longer, not boring longer, but edge of the seat longer
  • Most of the time, you're sitting/playing at the edge of you're seat
  • More drama involved, as you're concentrating all throughout
  • Players stick together and no one takes risks

3 players:

• Less effort is put in, as you have 2 buddies who have you're back even if one dies
  • Can be played lying down and half arsed
  • Players will take risks by drifting as you have 2 players who can revive you
  • Game intensifies after round 8, so you only get 2 good rounds (9 and 10 BUT on hard maps)
  • As above, only hard maps like London Streets, Oasis, Syria and Airstrip are somewhat fun
  • It doesn't feel as good winning with 3 than it does with 2
  • Games don't seem to last as long

This is NOT to say 3 player co-op is rubbish or should be abolished. I am speaking from personal prefernce here.

I like 2 player because it adds to that "survival" factor, and with 3 it seems to me like I've got the game in the bag and also I don't have to try as hard to win especially playing with 2 other good players.

What I enjoy the most is the intensity and the will to SURVIVE rather than have a game where the 1st 7 rounds are a breeze and then SOMETIMES have 2 intense rounds at the end.

2 player defo needs more rewards and I say bring back at least the Back To Back Medal and make it worth $10,000-$50,000 and it will vary from difficulty to difficulty.

I.e win 10 rounds of Arena with 2 players to get this medal. Both will get it and not just one player. Also maybe have special guns etc like JD mentioned in his No Incentive Thread or Tournament prizes like I mentioned in my Co-op Tournament Thread

Message 1 of 25 (258 Views)
Keyblade Wielder
10156 posts

Re: 2 Player Crushing FTW!! (Needs More Rewards!!)

Oct 8, 2012
Good point. I see your opinion and I respect it. 2 player games are cool, and this is coming from a 3-player man (I have the luck of always getting just one guy with me, though. Not bad, still good, but I wanted *three*).

I'm hoping they put this back-to-back medal in the game. Sounds cool.

Oh yeah. The reason I like 3 players is when the falling out begins. Not taking the blame, no sir.
Raffica user, Hardcore Mode player for life. Don't let it die! Obey Tailgater #1 sedan in GTA Online, too.
Message 2 of 25 (249 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
3721 posts

Oct 8, 2012

TheStuntDouble wrote:
Good point. I see your opinion and I respect it. 2 player games are cool, and this is coming from a 3-player man (I have the luck of always getting just one guy with me, though. Not bad, still good, but I wanted *three*).

I'm hoping they put this back-to-back medal in the game. Sounds cool.

Oh yeah. The reason I like 3 players is when the falling out begins. Not taking the blame, no sir.

Lol, good point :smileywink:

Message 3 of 25 (217 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
690 posts

Oct 8, 2012

Great thread Ali,

Still havnt seen ur support for co-op mesh maps, thought u would be the first :smileysad:

Message 4 of 25 (196 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
5 posts

Oct 8, 2012

Agreed. There's a difference between playing on Crushing with only one and playing on Crushing with two other teammates. It's that you have to concentrate more and if your teammate dies, you'll have to rush to revive him, but you can't run like that, not even thinking about the situation for one minute, because if you're not careful, you're going to die, too, and then the round will be over. The gameplay is different, because most of the times the people don't even run to revive their teammate, because they either think that the other teammate will do that or they walk over there, maybe have a little melee-only before they actually revive their teammates, but then wonder and complain when this teammate has more deaths than they have. It's frustrating. You also have this feeling that you need to play the objective, think, not just running around and without communication, it's even harder. I'd love to have a medal like that, maybe a 'Got your back, bro' or a 'Army of Two' medal would be fantastic, too, and it shows who has the ability to play as team like that. 

Supported! 

Message 5 of 25 (186 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
3721 posts

Oct 8, 2012

D-Daniel-E wrote:

Agreed. There's a difference between playing on Crushing with only one and playing on Crushing with two other teammates. It's that you have to concentrate more and if your teammate dies, you'll have to rush to revive him, but you can't run like that, not even thinking about the situation for one minute, because if you're not careful, you're going to die, too, and then the round will be over. The gameplay is different, because most of the times the people don't even run to revive their teammate, because they either think that the other teammate will do that or they walk over there, maybe have a little melee-only before they actually revive their teammates, but then wonder and complain when this teammate has more deaths than they have. It's frustrating. You also have this feeling that you need to play the objective, think, not just running around and without communication, it's even harder. I'd love to have a medal like that, maybe a 'Got your back, bro' or a 'Army of Two' medal would be fantastic, too, and it shows who has the ability to play as team like that. 

Supported! 

Great ideas. There defo can be a number of 2 player medals like Get such and such kills together for a certain medal. Both players do it with 0 deaths for "got your back bro" medal. The possibilites are endless

Message 6 of 25 (148 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
1981 posts

[ Edited ]
Oct 8, 2012

I finally come online on the same time with you and you were playing coop. I think it was crushing syria. And I think there should be massive coop rewards for completing all coop maps on crushing 2 players. Or implement the gold star 

EminentFury= GOAT Debater/intellectual Conservative.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

34gau1c.jpg

Message 7 of 25 (145 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
3721 posts

Oct 8, 2012

wais_45 wrote:

I finally come online on the same time with you and you were playing coop. I think it was crushing syria. 

Yh me and Allu we're playing it. I did notice you sign in. I haven't seen you on uncharted in ages. I think you or you brethren be playing other games?

Message 8 of 25 (135 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
4568 posts

Oct 8, 2012
Naughty dog should give a 20$ PSN card every time we complete a 2 person co-op run.

SLB.png

Hi-5.png

Message 9 of 25 (131 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
3721 posts

Oct 8, 2012

shadowlibraboy wrote:
Naughty dog should give a 20$ PSN card every time we complete a 2 person co-op run.

Naughty Dog should give me a job in their co-op department!!!!

Message 10 of 25 (128 Views)