Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Fender Bender
3077 posts

Re: 1.15 notes= Hilarious slap in face for all co-op players ND!:]

Oct 24, 2012

Absolutey NO SUPRISE here, whatsoever:  An ALL COMP patch, again!  No Co-op changes, fixes, or additions.  No real fix to the rare treasure issues in Arena or Adventure.  We still have combined modes. 

While COMP fans have something to play for now (people have been leaving this game in droves over the last 2 months), Co-op fans are left in the cold again. 

For Co-op fans, UC3's run was over in less than one year from retail release.  Pathetic! 

YOUTUBE SLEAZEVISION

Uncharted 3 Co-op Certification Center: Uncharted.VarHyid.com

Please use plain text.
Message 11 of 16 (234 Views)
0 Likes
Monster Hunter
33 posts

Oct 25, 2012

Your sig says it all, SLEAZE_IT_UP... 

"FINALLY FOUND MY LAST CO-OP TREASURE TO CLOSE OUT ALL SETS. IT ONLY TOOK 1 YEAR OF COMPLETE FRUSTRATION TO FIND 1 TREASURE AND ABOUT 5,000 DUPLICATES. DOES THAT SEEM RIGHT TO YOU?"

No, it doesn't seem right.  Thousands of duplicates because the ridiculous treasure drop system makes zero sense.

I would love to hear Naughty Dog comment on what their reasoning is for having the treasure drops the way they are, especially considering there's a trophy associated with finishing the sets.  What is the point of making people grind through thousands and thousands of NPC kills (or boost them in Hunter) only to get the same treasures every time?  To make people hate their game? 

I used to somewhat understand the "rareness" of the drops since it allowed people to have unique, hard-to-get customization items for their MP characters.  You would see someone wearing Drake's top hat in a deathmatch and you'd think "Oh cool, he must've had to work hard for that in Co-Op".  Now you can buy all of those customization items, so they're no longer badges of honor. 

From ND's perspective, the only possible reason I can think of to keep the drop system the way it is would be to make people more likely to buy the customization items since grinding for them in Co-Op is such a chore.  My argument against that is that most of new items that don't count towards the trophy sets are better (they look better and you get the hat stats as a bonus).  The only people still griding away to complete the Co-Op treasure sets are the ones looking for 100% complete trophy lists... They don't care about the customization items anymore. 

So, long story short... the drop system is total BS and needs to be addressed.  I know some people don't care about trophies, but for those of us that do, trophies should be based on skill, not complete random luck. 

Please use plain text.
Message 12 of 16 (174 Views)
Wastelander
775 posts

Oct 25, 2012

Aureilia wrote:

They could at least fix the treasures in co-op...

Either that or delete the treasure trophies.

I know one girl (Hi Nana!) who grinding co-op from almost 1 Year and she still don't have that 1 last treasure.

Oh... and ND even added trophie for get all co-op treasures?

I would call this Higher Level Of Trolling Players :3

.........................................................................................................
Step back ND. King is Back:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bLHW78X1XeE
Please use plain text.
Message 13 of 16 (143 Views)
0 Likes
Monster Hunter
30 posts

Oct 26, 2012

I tried since the patch around 10 games on 'crushed and hard' in adventure, but  not even a single time a treasure of hard/crushed dropped. Only the ones frome easy/normal. So the patch sucks, sorry to say.

Anyone ever get the right treasures on co op adventure since the patch?

Please use plain text.
Message 14 of 16 (114 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
187 posts

Oct 26, 2012
They should just remove Hunter Arena and move the rare treasures to Shade Survival instead so that mode becomes less pointless to play. Hunter Arena is currently only populated by trophy boosters who farm treasures or boost "Head Hunter", "Assassin" and "Here, Hold This" medals for the trophies.
Please use plain text.
Message 15 of 16 (101 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
2600 posts

Oct 26, 2012

Replace Hunter Arena with Super Survival, with playable villain skins and a reliable drop rate.

That is our final request, ND.

http://images.wikia.com/uncyclopedia/images/b/b9/Garfreakeld.png

I luv kitty cats cuz they're very furry n cute. meow!
Please use plain text.
Message 16 of 16 (79 Views)