Oct 24 2012
By: GloZorCoMeTh Survivor 2892 posts

1.15 Classic Mode Brings Back FUN!!!

22 replies 508 views Edited Oct 24, 2012

Woo-hoo!

THIS was what made Uncharted 2 MP SO ADDICTIVE!!!

2544133150[1].png

Message 1 of 23 (508 Views)
Last Guardian
10262 posts

Re: 1.15 Classic Mode Brings Back FUN!!!

Oct 24, 2012
I don't find it fun.
Hardcore Mode and Raffica enthusiast; former CEO of Obey Manufacturing, Los Santos, SA; Second Wave Agent specializing in medical training and CERA-JTF EMT
Message 2 of 23 (494 Views)
Fender Bender
2415 posts

Oct 24, 2012
Needs moar Tau, I mean really, only five maps...?
Pepsi
Message 3 of 23 (468 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
16 posts

Oct 24, 2012

I've never seen teams stick together this much in any game mode other than parties, it's pretty nice. c:     I have been getting put up against some really good/high level players though, guess I'll just have to get better.  D: 

Message 4 of 23 (457 Views)
Last Guardian
10262 posts

Oct 24, 2012
^ but that's also HC, jesus.
Hardcore Mode and Raffica enthusiast; former CEO of Obey Manufacturing, Los Santos, SA; Second Wave Agent specializing in medical training and CERA-JTF EMT
Message 5 of 23 (446 Views)
0 Likes
Welcoming Committee
14267 posts

[ Edited ]
Oct 24, 2012

It was kinda obvious the really good players would be there for a few weeks at least. Gotta give it time to chill out.

I'm not gonna try it for a good few weeks for sure. I'm not gonna be anyones collateral damage.

Message 6 of 23 (424 Views)
0 Likes
Last Guardian
10262 posts

Oct 24, 2012
This better feel like HC a bit after those weeks.
Message 7 of 23 (417 Views)
0 Likes
Welcoming Committee
14267 posts

Oct 24, 2012

TheStuntDouble wrote:
This better feel like HC a bit after those weeks.

It wont. From what people are saying it sounds completely different.

Different health system

Different loadout options (None) which is actually a positive for me.

Better players (Because they miss Uncharted 2) They will go and populate other modes after a few losses though. Also sending other players away when they can't find matches fast enough.

Then you'll have good matches when it takes a while to find players as a minority of players who just want to try the mode and have fun are remaining.

Message 8 of 23 (412 Views)
0 Likes
Last Guardian
10262 posts

Oct 24, 2012
**bleep**. Why did they have to remove HC anyway?
Message 9 of 23 (400 Views)
0 Likes
Highlighted
Lombax Warrior
109 posts

[ Edited ]
Oct 24, 2012

It's far from perfect, but I think it's a real success. Feels much more like an Uncharted MP experience, rather than a cheap, lowest common denominator COD clone.

When picking up weapons now it is for a purpose (to play a certain style to fit a situation - and fill a role on the map for your team), rather than everyone running head-on from the start with the most modded up loadout they can muster. When you get blasted by an RPG, you know that there is only one on the map, which the enemy who killed you actually sought out and picked up, rather than just being one of perhaps five people on the map at any given moment who could insta-spawn a 'free kill' weapon whether tactically outmanoeuvred or not.

The little bit of variety and individuality comes from the inclusion of boosters, so each player has a bit of extra advantage in a certain field. I liked hardcore, as there were no weapon kickbacks, but I found the absence of boosters was to its detriment, and the extra high health was too much after just about every gun got nerfed.

To me Classic mode is a much more attractive proposition than anything experienced so far on UC3 MP, and is the right direction for ND to steer it's future MP content.

Good job!

One concern is that with the no grenade throwback change, everyone seems to be using revenge, which is one of the few 'cheap' aspects left.

Re facing more higher level opponents than usual, this likely is also due to the matchmaking changes in the patch, which now will more often bring together players of the same legacy level into the same lobby / game.

Message 10 of 23 (369 Views)