Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Jan 08 2011
By: StainedMattress First Son 2 posts

Uncharted 2 System update 1.09 won't download to my PS3. I need help

10 replies 3820 views Edited Jan 8, 2011

I can't download the update 1.09.22. It times out at different %.  I have downloaded other programs and updates for other games.  I tried erasing the utility memory for Uncharted 2.  Also I waited until the HDD light turned off before I started to download.  Plus I waited till I accessed the Multi player option in the main game menu but to no avail.  I am out of ideas and I need help please.

Message 1 of 11 (3,820 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
9 posts

http://forums.naughtydog.com/t5/Technical-Issues/Players-...

Jan 8, 2011
Message 2 of 11 (3,820 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
2 posts

unable to update to 1.09

Jan 21, 2011
Hi I just bought a PS3 and Uncharted 2 Platinium Edition in UK. I am trying to start the game for the first time. It asks me to update to 1.09 but it gets stuck everytime, the maximum I managed to download is 31%!!! I tried more than 20 times and I am getting frustrated, my internet connection is fast (Virgin Media fibre optics) and the internet was working very well when I was having this problem. I also downloaded many demos from the Playstation store and upgraded another game (Race Driver Grid Reloaded). I didn't find any answers in the thread you indicated. Many thanks, Pierre
Message 3 of 11 (3,820 Views)
Treasure Hunter
6018 posts

What does it do? Does it give a specfic error message? If...

Jan 21, 2011

thundercat600gbr wrote:
Hi I just bought a PS3 and Uncharted 2 Platinium Edition in UK. I am trying to start the game for the first time. It asks me to update to 1.09 but it gets stuck everytime, the maximum I managed to download is 31%!!! I tried more than 20 times and I am getting frustrated, my internet connection is fast (Virgin Media fibre optics) and the internet was working very well when I was having this problem. I also downloaded many demos from the Playstation store and upgraded another game (Race Driver Grid Reloaded). I didn't find any answers in the thread you indicated. Many thanks, Pierre

What does it do? Does it give a specfic error message? If not I would wager that it is actually working, but very slowly. The whole lot will take a while.

Displaced NDF individual :smileysad:
Message 4 of 11 (3,820 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
2 posts

it says:   " An error occurred during the download o...

Jan 21, 2011

it says:

"

An error occurred during the download operation (80710723)

"

Then suggests to restart the modem/ps3 ect but it doesn't help. The Internet is working fine on other computers in the house when this problem occurs on the PS3.

I found a workaround which is to unplugg my ethernet cable and the game starts but then obviously i can't play online

Message 5 of 11 (3,820 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
6018 posts

Hmm, then I am afraid I do not know. I wasn't expecting t...

Jan 22, 2011

thundercat600gbr wrote:

it says:

"

An error occurred during the download operation (80710723)

"

Hmm, then I am afraid I do not know. I wasn't expecting to see that error. :smileysad: Sorry.

Displaced NDF individual :smileysad:
Message 6 of 11 (3,820 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
1 posts

i think you should check your network

Oct 8, 2011

i think you should check your network

Message 7 of 11 (3,820 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
2 posts

Similar problem - UK based, USA PS3

Sep 2, 2012

Hi,

I have a US PS3 (60GB model).

I got this for the PS2 compatibility.

I live in the UK.

I've completed Drake's 2 twice so I know it plays fine.

Just for fun I thought I'd power it up and play again and I'm very stuck indeed at the v1.09 update.

My PS3 is on the latest update. 4.10.

Network test shows successful connection to PlayStation Network.

Using both a UK based and US based sign-in I get the same results as follows:

1) Game disc starts ok and I get the v1.09 prompt.

2) Select "OK".

3) PS3 displays "please wait" and there's a few second pause and then the PS3 reboots.

No download bars or anything.

At step (1) if I select "cancel" instead the game starts but no text appears in the menus?!

I can't navigate the invisible menu items round to get a game started.

So, as things stand I can't get the game to run at all and I'd really like to get the update on and the game running.

Any ideas or suggestions?

Message 8 of 11 (3,608 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
2 posts

Re: Similar problem - UK based, USA PS3

Sep 3, 2012

Tried it on a UK PS3.

Works fine - downloaded updates and game plays fine.

System software at 4.21.

I'll try the US one again, but I think there's some geo-assuming going on perhaps at SCEE?

I think the US machine should be capable of working in the UK - so I hope this is something that gets sorted.

Message 9 of 11 (3,604 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
1 posts

Re: Uncharted 2 System update 1.09 won't download to my PS3. I need help

May 11, 2013

Hi there, I was able to overcome the exact same sifficulty you were having. If the suggestions above dont work, like for me, you can try to insert the disk and then go to game data utility and delete both the Uncharted 2 files. By doing this your ps3 will accept the new patch and you will have the updated version. 
(Note: Do not delete your save data unless you want to loose your progress in the game.)

Message 10 of 11 (1,983 Views)
0 Likes