Jul 09 2010
By: arne Naughty Dog Developer 1668 posts

Title Update / patch ideas and suggestions for future Title Updates

771 replies 135 views Edited Jul 9, 2010

Although this thread will be similar to, and clearly intersect with content in the "Uncharted 2 MP ideas" thread -- let's try to split out everything. This thread should be used strictly for Title Update releated ideas.

I realize the lines between what are MP suggestions and DLC isn't always clear, so please just do your best to decide what goes where.

The other ideas/suggestions threads are

Uncharted 2 MP ideas and suggestions:

http://forums.naughtydog.com/t5/Multiplayer/Uncharted-2-Multiplayer-Suggestions-Ideas-and-Wishlists/...

DLC ideas and requests:

http://forums.naughtydog.com/t5/Multiplayer/New-DLC-ideas-wishlists-and-requests/td-p/10223

Message 447 of 772 (135 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1565 posts

I like the current update, don't change it! :P

Apr 24, 2010
I like the current update, don't change it! :smileytongue:
Message 1 of 772 (135 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
238 posts

I have to say that as much as I hate a game where I lose...

Apr 24, 2010
I have to say that as much as I hate a game where I lose a bunch of kills I felt were mine, I think the kill still needs to go to who gets the last shot. A lot of time a player who dies brings another player down to his last limbs before dying. And much of the time a teammate will finish him off even though you died before you could. With your system you could get lots of kills after dying which doesn't seem right to me. Also, if someone shoots a player and a player gets away that's his loss. I would get really pissed if I find a guy and shoot him dead and find out someone else got the kill because he ALMOST killed the guy but let him get away, leaving me to have to deal with him with no reward. Finally, I can see this leading to teammates refusing to shoot wounded players and actually trying to follow them around until their health comes back, which would reward thinking about yourself instead of the team score.

I could almost see it working if this only applied when two people are shooting at an enemy at the same time. Instead of it being random like it basically is now, the game could simply choose to give the kill to the person who was shooting first. But it still sounds tricky to implement.

In the end I think I would want you to get 1 kill along with your Assistant medal. The more I think about it, the more I think 1 kill for every five assists is the perfect balance. Sure, it's not a real "kill" but an assist being 1/5 of a kill seems right to me. Any comments on this idea?
Message 2 of 772 (135 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
75 posts

I like the current one myself, but I wouldn't mid this ei...

Apr 24, 2010

I like the current one myself, but I wouldn't mid this either.

Message 3 of 772 (135 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3247 posts

@TP3200: I know what you're saying, I think you're idea i...

Apr 24, 2010
@TP3200: I know what you're saying, I think you're idea is a good way to implement some kind of fair system.

I put that part it simply because I know quite a few people who get frustrated by seemingly only getting assists for long stretches.
Message 4 of 772 (135 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
6586 posts

The "Adapt to the changes" argument is very stu...

Apr 24, 2010

The "Adapt to the changes" argument is very stupid. We have adapted. We did. However we still don't like it.

And +1 to the post, I was going to make a post asking "Is this your perfect UC2?" and ask some questions. But I didn't. And I missed out on the Kudos :smileysad: :smileyvery-happy:

oh and on the Assist thing, what about any players who shot the enemy get the money for it but the point only goes up by 1. Is that possible to implement, I honestly think that would be the best method.  Then everyone gets what they deserve. 

Message 5 of 772 (135 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1812 posts

Good except..

Apr 24, 2010

I pretty much think all you said is right on the money.. :smileyhappy: Except that i really doubt ND is bringing back any of the  previous weapon damages.. I thought everyone knew this by now.. Didn't they say they had no plans to bring it back?

Message 6 of 772 (135 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
299 posts

So basically....1.04 again? I approve!

Apr 24, 2010
So basically....1.04 again? I approve!
Message 7 of 772 (135 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
792 posts

I don't see the point to getting rid of boosters just bec...

Apr 24, 2010

I don't see the point to getting rid of boosters just because they don't server much purpose or aren't commonly used.

even if you think it is a useless booster, there are still some that find it useful, and it might as well stay there for those that use it, then to get rid of it for the majority that don't

Also scavenger bandoleer and keep firing are all great boosters individually imo.

I use keep firing all the time. great for 3v1 situations. and the clip size boost is definitely significant.

I always get scavenger and bandoleer mixed up (I think scavenger lets you carry more) the one that lets you pick up more at once is great for the power weapons like the sniper rifle, desert-5 or shotgun

The_White_Fang's Gamer card
Message 8 of 772 (135 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5921 posts

Whoever wrote that part about the three-booster glitch is...

Apr 24, 2010

Whoever wrote that part about the three-booster glitch is a pimp.

While I agree that 1.07 came a long way from 1.05 and 1.06, I (like so many others) also believe that a few things still need to be changed in order to make the game the best it could possibly be. This post addresses most of them.

The invite-only party option is a really great and original idea, IMO.

Message 9 of 772 (135 Views)
0 Likes