Treasure Hunter
9167 posts

This is really irrelevant to point out, regardless of whe...

Nov 27, 2010

This is really irrelevant to point out, regardless of whether or not it makes you faster.

Fact #1: It gives you as much (if not more) of a boost as Treasure Bearer does.

Fact #2: It means you do not have to sacrifice a booster slot for that boost.

Fact #3: It's a glitch, and everyone and their mother is doing it.

Fact #4: It therefore needs to be fixed.

Message 11 of 23 (105 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
210 posts

I think that it DOES make you run faster. It just looks a...

Nov 27, 2010
I think that it DOES make you run faster. It just looks a lot quicker than normal running. And it isn't just for Plunder Treasures, it can be done with Propane Tanks. (Y)
Message 12 of 23 (105 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1605 posts

The "Leprechaun" Glitch does not make you run faster than running speed.

Nov 30, 2010

I lost ground when somebody showed me how to do this glitch and I was chasing them in custom. Otherwise it wouldn't be that big of a deal. Somebody wants to spend a long time emptying their gun and trying multiple times to do it, just to run as fast as I can run, or even better, only as fast as TB? Wouldn't be a big deal. But to run faster than anybody can run? Uh, ya.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Hatakare wrote:

I just realized that I'm supposed to keep my aimer on the enemy consistently when killing someone.
Message 13 of 23 (105 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
299 posts

Agreed and the sooner the better. i'm tired of speedy gon...

Dec 2, 2010

Agreed and the sooner the better. i'm tired of speedy gonzalez glitchers

Message 14 of 23 (105 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
996 posts

gg u dirty glitcher lol shame on you!

Dec 2, 2010

gg u dirty glitcher lol shame on you!

Message 15 of 23 (105 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
9167 posts

Well, considering how many people do it as well ashow qui...

Dec 2, 2010

SilentBobsRancor wrote:

I lost ground when somebody showed me how to do this glitch and I was chasing them in custom. Otherwise it wouldn't be that big of a deal. Somebody wants to spend a long time emptying their gun and trying multiple times to do it, just to run as fast as I can run, or even better, only as fast as TB? Wouldn't be a big deal. But to run faster than anybody can run? Uh, ya.

Well, considering how many people do it as well ashow quickly, I would wager it doesn't take too long, and they probably get good enough (odd to say that phrase in regards to glitching) to do it on their first try.

As for whether or not they run faster... Even if they did run only at the same speed as TB, that still leaves them with an open slot that would otherwise be occupied by that booster. So, they have an unregistered advantage. It's somewhat similar to the 3-booster glitch, in essence.

Message 16 of 23 (105 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
403 posts

I'd still rather have them fix all of the spots where you...

Dec 2, 2010

I'd still rather have them fix all of the spots where you can toss the treasure so nobody can get to it.  Such a bummer doing all the work getting it to your base, and some clown just tosses to wait for a respawn.  Garbage.

Atleast with the "Leprechaun" glitch you can tell when somebody is about to do it.  Everybody (that plays with a mic) that I play with will usually call out if they hear the gun being emptied.

Both need to be fixed.

Message 17 of 23 (105 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
132 posts

Although glitching is quite fun in customs, you kinda did...

Dec 2, 2010

Lancast_ wrote:

Leprechaun actually makes you run slightly faster than normal run, yes it makes you run as if you were blindfiring with a long gun selected with short gun bullets being spread. We did many tests when we discovered this glitch, it's not a lot faster, very little but it is.

Although glitching is quite fun in customs, you kinda did help unleash this issue...just saying :smileytongue:

Message 18 of 23 (105 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
4357 posts

I ran the tests myself running across village with &,...

Dec 2, 2010

I ran the tests myself running across village with &, without treasure glitch and running normal and running blindfire, the leprechaun got across the village 3 seconds faster than running without the treasure.

Message 19 of 23 (105 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
178 posts

Agree with you there! A friend and I and three other rand...

Dec 2, 2010
Agree with you there! A friend and I and three other randoms were matched against a party of 4 high levels (75-80) at Sanctuary yesterday. It was soon obvious how they got their high levels as they spent the whole match leprachauning the treasure to their base and whenever we got it close to ours they never had to fight to bust outta there with the treasure, they just threw it "out of bounds" and waited for the respawn. Lucky cos they all sucked and wouldn't have been able to anyway. Ended 5 to 1 score but I reckon we probably would have beaten them if the game were played normally.
Message 20 of 23 (105 Views)
0 Likes