Jan 07 2011
By: handsinpockets97 Hekseville Citizen 327 posts

SPINNING DAGGER OF DEATH!

2 replies 84 views Edited Jan 7, 2011

I've deleted and reinstalled the game data like 5 times, cleaned the disc, unplugged everything from the PS3, but still that F*CKING dagger just sits there spinning in front of me, taunting me. Tell me my other options please. ND, please fix this sh!tty problem! >:0

Message 1 of 3 (84 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
608 posts

Five times? Oh man :(   I have occasionally gotten the sp...

Jan 8, 2011

Five times? Oh man :smileysad:

I have occasionally gotten the spinning dagger of death. Sometimes I avoid it by loading up the game while not connected to PSN, then once I'm in the main menu, I connect. 

It might not help that much though.

BTW, when deleting game data, you don't necessarily have to delete both files, just delete the most recent one (I think it's 1.09) That way you won't lose all your cinema files. 

Sig provided by myu2sig.com !
Message 2 of 3 (84 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
5 posts

Try to change the date back a year on your PS3.

Jan 8, 2011

I have had the same problem with a "fat" 80Gb PS3.  Coming back from xmas vacations, trying UC2, it got stuck on the initial spinning dagger screen forever and froze if I tried to quit the game (or eject the disc).  We tried deleting the game data and reinstalling everything but it did not work.

Since the "infamous" false february 29th, I am suspicious of the way the PS3 handles dates, so I tried to change back the date of the system to 6th of January of 2010 and it worked!  I really don't know why it works but it does, for me at least.

Tell me if it worked for you also!

Nucklei

Message 3 of 3 (84 Views)
0 Likes