Sep 16 2010
By: SherBear84 Lombax Warrior 98 posts

Plunder.

14 replies 169 views Edited Sep 16, 2010

Ok, there has to be a happy medium here. Last night I played Plunder. The opposing team was really good. I played hard the entire time.. Not able to get a score. Moved the treasure a lot, but couldnt get it close to our base. This went on about 15+ minuets. I made about $2,000. Thats such a let down. People dont even finish a Plunder match if they are losing. I rarely end a match with a full team. Its not worth the time if you cant score. I dont quit matches, but I dont blame the people that do.

Message 1 of 15 (169 Views)
0 Likes
Limit Breaker
17445 posts

"Do you come from a land of Plunder? Where teams win...

Sep 16, 2010

"Do you come from a land of Plunder?

Where teams win and you're under.

Can't you hear, can't you hear that Thunder?

You better run or quit to the lobby screen..."

[ 39 ] Every time a mine downs someone an Angel gets its wings.
Message 2 of 15 (169 Views)
Wastelander
896 posts

Even though that's just the way it is, and some people do...

Sep 16, 2010

Even though that's just the way it is, and some people don't care about your whining, I do feel your pain. It's not fun to spend about 20 minutes and only make $2000,- and not having fun. But that's just plunder. If you don't like it, play other objective games.

Uncharted 2 Stats Card by the Naughty-Kennel.com - SonicVolcano
''Uh-oh.. should I be flattered, or worried?''
Message 3 of 15 (169 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3797 posts

In cases like that, you can either quit, or take the oppo...

Sep 16, 2010

In cases like that, you can either quit, or take the opportunity to boost your KDR, instead of going for the treasure.

Those are the only solutions - if ND were to increase cash for kills, it would only bring back farming.  As it is now, if your team is much worse than the other team, the game takes 5 minutes to finish.

Message 4 of 15 (169 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
98 posts

I play All Competitive, Plunder wasnt my choice. And how...

Sep 16, 2010

SonicVolcano2 wrote:

Even though that's just the way it is, and some people don't care about your whining, I do feel your pain. It's not fun to spend about 20 minutes and only make $2000,- and not having fun. But that's just plunder. If you don't like it, play other objective games.

I play All Competitive, Plunder wasnt my choice. And how is this whining? Im stating my thoughts, as well as what happened in a match I played. I didnt post this to get sh*t thrown in my face by people like you. The first part of your reply had no relevance to my original post.

Message 5 of 15 (169 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
896 posts

Sorry, it wasn't my intention to make you mad.

Sep 16, 2010

SherBear84 wrote:

SonicVolcano2 wrote:

I play All Competitive, Plunder wasnt my choice. And how is this whining? Im stating my thoughts, as well as what happened in a match I played. I didnt post this to get sh*t thrown in my face by people like you. The first part of your reply had no relevance to my original post.

Sorry, it wasn't my intention to make you mad.

Uncharted 2 Stats Card by the Naughty-Kennel.com - SonicVolcano
''Uh-oh.. should I be flattered, or worried?''
Message 6 of 15 (169 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1189 posts

If the other team is a party of 5, then I'll quit plunder...

Sep 16, 2010

If the other team is a party of 5, then I'll quit plunder at the start of the match. Sometimes if I'm playing All Competitive and I don't feel like playing plunder, but it gets picked, I'll quit. Plunder isn't fun when you're playing alone, in my opinion.

Message 7 of 15 (169 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2678 posts

I think the playlist is perfect as is.   If you're good e...

Sep 16, 2010

SherBear84 wrote:

Ok, there has to be a happy medium here. Last night I played Plunder. The opposing team was really good. I played hard the entire time.. Not able to get a score. Moved the treasure a lot, but couldnt get it close to our base. This went on about 15+ minuets. I made about $2,000. Thats such a let down. People dont even finish a Plunder match if they are losing. I rarely end a match with a full team. Its not worth the time if you cant score. I dont quit matches, but I dont blame the people that do.

I think the playlist is perfect as is.   If you're good enough to win, you get cash.   If you're good enough to win big, you get an extra 20K for that was embarassing.   If you're not good enough to win, you don't make as much money.   If you're not good enough to score one measly treasure, you get pretty much nothing.    Playing hard and the best you possibly can does not equate to playing good.   To the victors go the spoils.

They don't hand out rings to those who lose the super bowl.

Message 8 of 15 (169 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
98 posts

No worries, Im far from mad :)

Sep 16, 2010

No worries, Im far from mad :smileyhappy:

Message 9 of 15 (169 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
216 posts

i only play DM , Plunder sucks.