Highlighted
Fender Bender
3880 posts

Fix this **bleep** http://s37.photobucket.com/albums/e51/redma...

Dec 20, 2010

Wants zombies

Message 441 of 478 (59 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
2 posts

This has probably been posted several times already, but...

Jan 4, 2011

This has probably been posted several times already, but i love team snipers. 

Also a 3 on 3 mode where the kill limit is more than 25 because that is far to short. Overall, i love this game though!!

PLEASE MAKE MORE MULTIPLE XP WEEKENDS TOO!! cos it is far too boring when you get to level 57 plus and need millions of xp!! :smileysad:

Message 442 of 478 (59 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
2 posts

Kind of irrelevant, but how do you make those images with...

Jan 4, 2011

Kind of irrelevant, but how do you make those images with all your trophies and things on?? I see them all the time and they are really ace! 

Message 443 of 478 (59 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
4961 posts

I was already giving arne a hard time in the comment sect...

Jan 13, 2011

BrigadierSolo wrote:

...but I just want to tell ND that you really dont need to continue rehashing The Lab. Arne made a lot of comments in his blog post and I went to reply to all the ones I have issue with in this topic, rather than have them get muddled in random places in the blog comment section:

arne posted January 12, 2011 11:58 am:

The Labs were never about fixing anything - they were about trying out potential playlist ideas and just mixing things up rather than keeping the same old gametype variations.

Well that would have certainly been true when each cariation was introduced, but since you're just replaying old Labs, there's really no reason to try anything out. And having a variation available for the 4th time now (No Power Weapons) is not "mixing" anything up.

arne posted January 12, 2011 12:01 pm

The Labs cost us 1-2 weeks worth of work and testing, at this point, we don’t want that to impact making U3 multiplayer.

Now this part is completely my own opinion but I am positive I am not the only one who feels this way also, but if you're just going to end up showing reruns, and it even takes even 5 seconds away from making Uncharted 3 a slightly better game, then it is absolutely not worth your time, nor do I want you to spend it like that.

arne posted January 12, 2011 1:01 pm

We’re always able to update matchmaking and spawns with less effort than The Labs, so it’s not necessarily being ignored, but adding The Labs + U3 means there is even less time to address any other issues or requests if we want to or need to.

This one absolutely infuriated me and almost made me bust a blood vessel. Arne, are you telling me resources and attention that could be going towards fixing serious issues within the MP, such as glitching, bad spawns, and lopsided matchmaking, are being spent on The Lab? Are you kidding me? I would rather be forced to play one Playlist for the rest of the time I am active on UC2 and be sure that the spawns would be safe, and the comfort of knowing no one is going to hack into the wall, than having every single episode of the Lab available to me at all times.

It's really that simple. You don't have to continue the Lab if nothing new is coming from it. Your attention is best spent elsewhere, and I would appreciate it

I was already giving arne a hard time in the comment section of the blog about this nonsense.  I agree with you 100%.  The MP still has some serious fatal flaws, and it is becoming obvious that they will never be corrected.  So, instead of actually attempting to fix anything, they just toss extra cash (x times XP) events at us and hope we forget how flawed the major mechanics of the gameplay are.  And now this lab nonsense.  If I could find another game to occupy my free time outside of work, I would put this MP on the shelf.  I think Killzone3 comes out next month...maybe it will be worth playing?

Uncharted 2: 135,000 kills
Uncharted 3: 110,000 kills
Uncharted 4: meh
Message 444 of 478 (59 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
721 posts

This may be one person's opinion...

Jan 13, 2011

...but I just want to tell ND that you really dont need to continue rehashing The Lab. Arne made a lot of comments in his blog post and I went to reply to all the ones I have issue with in this topic, rather than have them get muddled in random places in the blog comment section:

arne posted January 12, 2011 11:58 am:

The Labs were never about fixing anything - they were about trying out potential playlist ideas and just mixing things up rather than keeping the same old gametype variations.

Well that would have certainly been true when each variation was introduced, but since you're just replaying old Labs, there's really no reason to try anything out. And having a variation available for the 4th time now (No Power Weapons) is not "mixing" anything up.

arne posted January 12, 2011 12:01 pm

The Labs cost us 1-2 weeks worth of work and testing, at this point, we don’t want that to impact making U3 multiplayer.

Now this part is completely my own opinion but I am positive I am not the only one who feels this way also, but if you're just going to end up showing reruns, and it even takes even 5 seconds away from making Uncharted 3 a slightly better game, then it is absolutely not worth your time, nor do I want you to spend it like that.

We’re always able to update matchmaking and spawns with less effort than The Labs, so it’s not necessarily being ignored, but adding The Labs + U3 means there is even less time to address any other issues or requests if we want to or need to.

This one absolutely infuriated me and almost made me bust a blood vessel. Arne, are you telling me resources and attention that could be going towards fixing serious issues within the MP, such as glitching, bad spawns, and lopsided matchmaking, are being spent on The Lab? Are you kidding me? I would rather be forced to play one Playlist for the rest of the time I am active on UC2 and be sure that the spawns would be safe, and the comfort of knowing no one is going to hack into the wall, than having every single episode of the Lab available to me at all times.

It's really that simple. You don't have to continue the Lab if nothing new is coming from it. Your attention is best spent elsewhere, and I would appreciate it

Message 445 of 478 (59 Views)
0 Likes
Keyblade Wielder
10163 posts

Fantastic point.  I dont really agree with your other poi...

Jan 13, 2011

BrigadierSolo wrote:

Fantastic point.  I dont really agree with your other points you brought up about the lab being very repetative because I for one am glad that they added it....I like when MP's pay more attention to the game then just fixing a few flaws here and there.  ND did a great job doing things for the holidays and such and the lab did help change the game up a little bit.  (though, they could have done more with holidays) 

But as for ignoring concerns people have been dying to ask ND to fix just for the lab playlist...seems a bit silly to me.  U2 is well past its prime.  U3 is around the corner and before we know it we will be playing it. Making 10 or even 20 times cash wont keep the game alive, and bringing the lab playlist wont keep people comming back for more.  The lab is great, but it isnt what makes U2 U2. 

infact its almost the exact opposite of what ND should do... a lot of the fans quit playing this game (its getting frustrating even for me to play it...) because of all the silly problems that I doubt should exist.  For real though ND, if you are really concerned with U2 keeping its fanbase....FIX THE PROBLEMS.  The lab was great....back when you introduced it...but now its a continuous thing and I doubt anyone comes back or goes out of their way to play it...

I really hope you dont have this mindset in U3..or atleast...if you do...you are able to also put time aside to look at problems with the game...because it doesnt matter what comes out after the game's release as far as dragging people's attention to the game....its what happens when you release it, or when you show off trailers and such....things being realeased after the game comes out, and patches that actually fix things and what not are the things that keep existing players in the game.  If you ignore a certain aspect of the game then people tend to learn towards quitting the game because they feel you dont care.  If you dont care, they think problems wont get fixed...or you wont bother making the game feel fresh a while after its been released...

EDIT:  Wait....wasnt these 3 posts in another thread?  What sorcery is this?

Message 446 of 478 (59 Views)
0 Likes
Keyblade Wielder
10163 posts

heh, joke's on them, this doesnt even belong in this thre...

Jan 13, 2011

heh, joke's on them, this doesnt even belong in this thread :smileyindifferent:

Message 447 of 478 (59 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
2048 posts

I moved it

Jan 13, 2011

Goldhawk1 wrote:

It's most certainly a playlist request. A request to not continue the Lab playlist fueled with negativity.

Some people would rather have free bonus content than nothing, others want to make string theories that putting labs up for our dedicated fans that play the game a year+ later somehow means we are neglecting issues that some users face SOME of the time. LAG is not a bug to "fix", spawns are not a mode to tweak.

If people want to use Arne being forthcoming with information that other communities do not get as an opportunity to once again throw up a protest agenda, thats fine. But realize that your opinion isn't global, as I get quite a number of PMs and PSN messages giving positive feedback about our efforts and with the development of U3.

So now, commence with giving me a "hard time" and lay off Arne.

"Well that would have certainly been true when each variation was introduced, but since you're just replaying old Labs, there's really no reason to try anything out. And having a variation available for the 4th time now (No Power Weapons) is not "mixing" anything up."

And why does this matter? Would you really rather have content taken away from you?

"Now this part is completely my own opinion but I am positive I am not the only one who feels this way also, but if you're just going to end up showing reruns, and it even takes even 5 seconds away from making Uncharted 3 a slightly better game, then it is absolutely not worth your time, nor do I want you to spend it like that."

All of your posts are your opinon:smileywink:. Your opinion is understandable, but I think we can handle budgeting our own time constraints, even if it means I brush my teeth in the company bathroom:smileysad:.

"This one absolutely infuriated me and almost made me bust a blood vessel. Arne, are you telling me resources and attention that could be going towards fixing serious issues within the MP, such as glitching, bad spawns, and lopsided matchmaking, are being spent on The Lab? Are you kidding me? I would rather be forced to play one Playlist for the rest of the time I am active on UC2 and be sure that the spawns would be safe, and the comfort of knowing no one is going to hack into the wall, than having every single episode of the Lab available to me at all times."

First, video games are a hobby, not a form of entertainment to find reasons to rage. If it seriously upsets you that much, a break from the forums, and maybe games in general might help. I'm being completely serious. Second, in regards to Arne's point, you don't need to read into things just to find a reason to get mad. The lab work has mostly been done thanks to last year, so while we need to check some stuff (as anyone needs to do with any update) it won't be the same amount as it was. It doesnt mean at all that if labs didnt exist then the game would magically be exactly what BrigadierSolo (or anyone else) would have their "perfect Uncharted 2 MP".

"It's really that simple. You don't have to continue the Lab if nothing new is coming from it. Your attention is best spent elsewhere, and I would appreciate it"

While your opinion is valued, (as is anyone that cares enough to post their feelings on these boards) the attitude isn't. And neither is the name-calling. I look foward to your responses in a week if you decide to come back.

Message 448 of 478 (59 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
2048 posts

Well

Jan 13, 2011

You didn't quote the whole thing so I added the rest:smileywink:

Message 449 of 478 (59 Views)
0 Likes
Keyblade Wielder
10163 posts

Hmm....touche....but I still do think that it could use i...

Jan 13, 2011

zod5000 wrote:

Goldhawk1 wrote:

It's most certainly a playlist request. A request to not continue the Lab playlist fueled with negativity.

Some people would rather have free bonus content than nothing, others want to make string theories that putting labs up for our dedicated fans that play the game a year+ later somehow means we are neglecting issues that some users face SOME of the time. LAG is not a bug to "fix", spawns are not a mode to tweak.

If people want to use Arne being forthcoming with information that other communities do not get as an opportunity to once again throw up a protest agenda, thats fine. But realize that your opinion isn't global, as I get quite a number of PMs and PSN messages giving positive feedback about our efforts and with the development of U3.

So now, commence with giving me a "hard time" and lay off Arne.

"Well that would have certainly been true when each variation was introduced, but since you're just replaying old Labs, there's really no reason to try anything out. And having a variation available for the 4th time now (No Power Weapons) is not "mixing" anything up."

And why does this matter? Would you really rather have content taken away from you?

"Now this part is completely my own opinion but I am positive I am not the only one who feels this way also, but if you're just going to end up showing reruns, and it even takes even 5 seconds away from making Uncharted 3 a slightly better game, then it is absolutely not worth your time, nor do I want you to spend it like that."

All of your posts are your opinon:smileywink:. Your opinion is understandable, but I think we can handle budgeting our own time constraints, even if it means I brush my teeth in the company bathroom:smileysad:.

"This one absolutely infuriated me and almost made me bust a blood vessel. Arne, are you telling me resources and attention that could be going towards fixing serious issues within the MP, such as glitching, bad spawns, and lopsided matchmaking, are being spent on The Lab? Are you kidding me? I would rather be forced to play one Playlist for the rest of the time I am active on UC2 and be sure that the spawns would be safe, and the comfort of knowing no one is going to hack into the wall, than having every single episode of the Lab available to me at all times."

First, video games are a hobby, not a form of entertainment to find reasons to rage. If it seriously upsets you that much, a break from the forums, and maybe games in general might help. I'm being completely serious. Second, in regards to Arne's point, you don't need to read into things just to find a reason to get mad. The lab work has mostly been done thanks to last year, so while we need to check some stuff (as anyone needs to do with any update) it won't be the same amount as it was. It doesnt mean at all that if labs didnt exist then the game would magically be exactly what BrigadierSolo (or anyone else) would have their "perfect Uncharted 2 MP".

"It's really that simple. You don't have to continue the Lab if nothing new is coming from it. Your attention is best spent elsewhere, and I would appreciate it"

While your opinion is valued, (as is anyone that cares enough to post their feelings on these boards) the attitude isn't. And neither is the name-calling. I look foward to your responses in a week if you decide to come back.

Hmm....touche....but I still do think that it could use its own thread.  Just my $.02. 

But then again he did say this: "We are always able to update matchmaking and spawns with much less effort then the labs" Which thrown together with him saying that whatever time they have devoted to U2 is done in making the labs...the rest is put into effort for U3, I can see where he's comming from.  People do like the labs, but I think it would keep players more inclined to play this MP if things were to be "patched" or "fixed" like he said would be able to do with much less effort.  We all know its not perfect etc etc, and thats what he is getting at.  You can ask the fans.  The fans know what the fans want.  I have a lot of friends who migrated to other games because issues werent getting fixed (not just the past but the present)

Im glad the Dogs post, really, but no matter what you guys say someone will always want to tear your heads off.  Arne could jump on the forums and say "I found a way to cure cancer!!!!!!"  and there'd always be soemeone who would eventually complain (ok maybe that example is a little too far fetched)  Its impossible to please everyone, but its possible to please the majority...and the majority are the dedicated fans that have been playing this game sense release (like me) 

EDIT: Im a tad bit confused at whats going on here :smileyindifferent:  This quote has change atleast once, idk how to respond to it anymore. 

EDIT #2: I see whats going on here...(Im sorry if any text before the line starting with "EDIT:" no longer pertains to the subject at hand.)

@Red.  Unfortunately a lot of people take video games very seriously if  you havent noticed.  Not just this game either.  Game devs take a lot of heat from fans regardless of what they do.  For some people it is part of that person's lifestyle.  Its really hard doing this without totally going off subject and making it seem too dark for the occasion.  Im sure you yourself have been very interested in something that others would call "silly" and what not.  For me I see it like this: if I put a lot of time and attention to it, Im going to want to do whatever it takes to hold on to that...because I myself hate seeing my work go to heck for nothing.  Thats how I myself view uncharted.  I do get upset over some of the decisions that are done or about some of the things that happen in game but thats just because how into it I am...video games are my passion, I prefer them over many things that I have access to in life. Anywho, the only reason people tend to take things too seriously is because when they develop a passion for something they want to do whatever it takes to be able to keep or renew its glory. 

Of course no one here thinks that without the lab U2 would magically become amazing again.... but when stated the way Arne did, one can only think "why do that if you can fix a lot of the problems the fans have been asking for you to fix"  As a man in the same boat as Brig, I can see where he's comming from.  However, I can also see where you yourself are comming from.  I myself think its too close to U3 to be thinking about patching a lot of things in U2, but hearing this and thinking back....wouldnt it have been pretty easy to patch problems, and introduce the lab later?  Orrrrr not do as much lab testing or some other variable that you could have altered or taken out in order to patch problems. 

Im sorry for the hastle but with all due respect, I'd much much rather see uncharted 2 patched then play any form of cash multiplier event or lab... I think a lot of the fans feel the same way.  The lab is really cool, especially after many many months of repetative uncharted gameplay, BUT having problems patched would keep and possibly obtain more players then adding a gametype or two would.  People would see you guys patching problems and listening to the community and many people would think "wow these guys are truely ordinary arent they?  They listen to their fans and actually care about what they want"  Which Im sure you guys did listen to fans when you made the lab (heck, some of the playlists are my own ideas Im sure I suggested long long ago)  but like I said fixing problems > a new gametype or two.  Not that Im not glad you guys worked so hard making the lab :smileyhappy: I do thank you for that and its been a truely cool experience. 

Message 450 of 478 (59 Views)
0 Likes