Oct 17 2010
By: tttty_twtster Lombax Warrior 178 posts

Error syncing models

38 replies 39 views Edited Oct 17, 2010

OK so anniversary party was going great until about 5 hours ago.  A plunder match I was in was rudely terminated by the infamous "connection error".  A couple of minutes later while waiting in the lobby for my party to finish their game and rejoin, I get disconnected from PSN.  When trying to restart multiplayer I get this errorsyncing models message.  Occassionally I get this, normally goes away simply by trying again.  Today of all days however, it has stood between me and untold riches for around 5 hours.  I have searched high and low, tried any remedy even remotely recommended including deleting game data and reloading and resyncing but again same message every time.  Tried using a different account, resetting router, blah blah blah and am now at my wits end, contemplating launching my PS3 out of my 24th floor window.  I must have tried reconnecing to MP about 250 times now.

Anyone at ND or anywhere else have any advice? This has turned a real good opportunity to level up into a frustrating bad mood.  (That's putting it politely).

Some info in advance for anyone who might be able to help:

Internet connection is good.  I get consistent 4mbs download and 0.6 upload (yeah not great but never caused any problems before now)

Game code is BCES00727 but currently in Thailand (not sure if that is causing any problem? hasn't seemed to for the last 9 months or so)

My PSN account I use for UC2 is based in Thailand (is the sync error between my PS3 and the PSN server I sign into??)

Internet connections test on PS3 passes everything with no problems

Thanks in advance for any help with a solution.

Message 1 of 39 (39 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
178 posts

This makes it....interesting - hopefully?!

Oct 18, 2010

So I still have this problem - really ticking me off (if you didn't notice).  Here's a new twist for the throngs of people interested in this thread.

My friend turns up with a couple of hours of the anniversary period left.  He sees my distressed state and says let me try.  He gets into multiplayer second try on my PS3 using his PSN login (based in the UK - he is the one who introduced me to Uncharted and bought me the Uncharted2 disc mentioned earlier.

He plays a couple of games while I go cry in the corner then hands me the controller and says he reckons mine should be working now.  So I login to my PSN account and fire up multiplayer without quitting game.  It goes in first time.  I play one game before a lobby/partying up game freeze causes me to have to reset my PS3.  Now, from a cold bootup, error syncing models EVERY time and I have tried a lot of times now.

WTF is up with that?

Have tried swapping routers with a spare I have - no luck.

Tried using wireless instead of wired network connection to PS3 - no luck

Swapped over lan cables - no difference

Carted my machine to my neighbours and hooked up to his 25mbps download/5mbps upload connection - error syncing models message appears about 5 times faster than back at my house

Redownloaded game data twice - still error syncing models

Stood on my head for 2 mins while starting MP = just got a headache

About 6 hours of various combinations of good luck charms, Feng Shui, other suggestions found on here and Google etc etc

Am convinced the problem is on PSN or ND end? depending on which server or whatever my machine is having trouble syncing with.  Would love for someone to at least give me some theories on what is going on, or better yet a solution!?

Frustrated!!!!!!

Message 2 of 39 (39 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
178 posts

Still error syncing models.......... WTF do I need models...

Oct 19, 2010
Still error syncing models..........

WTF do I need models for anyway?? Just want to play the game.......

What a bumout
Message 3 of 39 (39 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
2 posts

Error Syncing Models

Oct 19, 2010

I got the same problem as listed above...Error Syncing Models....

I had Uncharted 2 at the begining of this year and i really enjoyed Single Player Campaign,so i even got Platinum Trophy.

After i went online and realize that im not as good as i thought,coz im getting used to FPS mostly,but anyway i liked it.Then i sold my copy of U2 to GameStop for some personal reasons.

So few days ago i was browsing on the Internet and see that Game Of The Year Edition is Out,with new maps,skins and etc.

So i thought wow cool,just in time,coz i got my paycheck and got some free money to spend.

I even take a day off to enjoy this game,but right after i install the game with 9 updates (or whatever the bottom line is 0/9),i download and install DLC,try to go online and ERROR SYNCING MODELS!!!

I browse on the net to see any solution,but there is no working solution so far from what i understand.I tried to do what ND said (delete U2 files in Game Utility) but it wont work !

I even tried regular U2 (NO Game Of The YEAR),but i still got the same crap.

Somehow i tried to run it on my brothers PS,which is few steps away from mine,and he had only 6 updates (0/6),even if we quit earlier than i did.And it is working on his PS3....but he dont have Game of The Year content and his character is low lvl.

So is there going to be any ATTENTION to THIS PROBLEM from ND side?Should i gave up on U2 and put it on my MOST HATED GAME list?

P.S. Sorry for my bad English,i tried my best to describe the problem,nut English is not my native language.Thx

Message 4 of 39 (39 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
2 posts

SHAME

Oct 20, 2010

That is BIG SHAME for Naughty Dog,do not reply on this problem at ANY topic related to this problem.U guys can at least admit that such a problem do exist and that u try to fix it.How about keep players inform about what is going on?Or what should players with this problem do?Keep on waiting for miracle?

Can't beilive that Game wich recieve so many Awards,got such a poor support team.By ignoring players,u just simply losing your customers.Maybe your policy is based on that amount of players with Error Syncing models/lvls/etc. is not enough for u to really take a look at the problem seriously.You created a great game,but what is the point to have it without chance to play it?

Personally i decided do not wait for miracle and tommorow im selling my copy of U2 and go for better game with less bugs/better supporting,game WITHOUT Error Syncing Models.And thats gonna be end of my story playing Uncharted.

Even if U3 will be out,i hardly doubt that im gonna get it.Too much frustration!

Message 5 of 39 (39 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
178 posts

In case anyone is interested, the saga continues......

Oct 20, 2010

So last night I really want my fix of UC2 online so I rationalise that there could be a problem with the storage media (HDD) on my PS3 unit which is bringing about my syncing error.  If there was a problem on the PSN side there would have been a flood of people complaining about not being able to connect etc etc.  So I remove my HDD and run some surface checking software on it and check the SMART logs etc.  Interestingly enough, after the low level check (7 hrs or so) I got 5 sectors showing up as warning possibility of going bad.  So I reallocated these and marked them as bad.  Reinstall the HDD to my PS3 unit and fire it up hoping for the best.  No joy, same error.

OK, maybe the sectors couldn't be read properly after all so my data is corrupt.  I had backed it up already to another HDD so did a system restore and started my PS3 from scratch again.  Redownloaded game data files up 1.09 and fired up UC2.  Synced all the live data and presto I was in!!  Things went downhill quickly from there........  my regular plunder party were halfway through a match so I let them know to pick me up when they finished for some reason they couldn't.  Their party was in the lobby but the join party option never came up.......maybe they didn't back out from matchmaking.  So I go into a game alone and get matched up within a few seconds.  Then during the match startup where the teams are shown just before play starts I went into the music loop and the match freeze.  I have never had this happen before (music looping), but have been on the waiting end plenty of times.  So nothing was happening I had to reset.  Since then, you guessed it.......error syncing models.  Can't even start MP again, despite about another 200 attempts (on top of the previous 250+250+250+250 over the last few days).

This is seriously starting to piss me off.  Why is there such a void of response from ND?  I can see mods and admins etc posting on other threads so its not like you are all on holidays or at an event or conference or something.....  It seems I am not the only one with these problems.  I am willing to work with someone going through troubleshooting but need some guidance from the dev side obviously.  I am fairly technically competent.  Nobody seems interested to even reply....... Starting to think like WTF??!!

From here I can think of only two more options to get this thing going again.  I have another 120gb HDD that I will try in my PS3 later today in case the original is on its way to the big HDD heaven.  I doubt that will change anything as the original one seems ok according to every other SMART characteristic etc that is logged and monitored.  Otherwise I guess I will try my luck SONY support.  Not holding my breath there wither as I have dealt with SONY Thailand before and was less than satisfied.

So if there's no miracle fom these two options I guess its the garbage chute for UC2.  There will be much wailing and gnashing of teeth on that day, but its seriously wasting a lot of time now trying to get back online.

OK rant over. Hope all this writing on the wall helps someone, smoehow, at some point.

Message 6 of 39 (39 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
178 posts

Oh and for what its worth, my version had clicked over to...

Oct 20, 2010
Oh and for what its worth, my version had clicked over to 1.09.033 for the brief moment I was online last night.
Message 7 of 39 (39 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
232 posts

Since the last update I have been getting this from time...

Oct 21, 2010

Since the last update I have been getting this from time to time when trying to connect too - never had it before.

I can usually connect the second time around but it is an annoyance.

Message 8 of 39 (39 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
178 posts

The updatest

Oct 21, 2010

So popped a brand spanking new hdd into my PS3 last night, installed system, blah blah to start from scratch so to speak. Installed up to patch 1.09 and my DLC's, connected to MP downloaded the game data and lo and behold I am in the lobby. Excitement and joy was short lived. I couldn't view friends parties (players), couldn't join on invites sent to me, nobody could join me via invites or just crashing my party. Basically useless, so I exited wondering if I would be able to get in normally again or whether my models would still give me syncing errors........ Same error - for the next 200 odd tries.

Contacted Sony customer service, they tried getting me to open ports on my router.......all which is redundant and useless and had no impact on my situation. So end of the day......no game.

Being really persistent I have got into the lobby again a couple of times by deleting and reloading game date but all the functionality is missing, all I can do is play solo games with random players and at the slightest hitch have to exit multiplayer and then face 15 min to login again by reloading game data.

Whats really starting to get me in knots is not even a hint of a possible response coming from ND. So am left to create my own theories. Obviously Sony have got no f$%^kin clue on how to fix this, so that leaves you guys at ND who are deafeningly silent. Have even tried politely PM'ing a few ND guys but nothing.......

What was in the update that came around for the anniversary? Some experimental options maybe? Rushed to "live" without proper testing? Accidentally included? Maybe whatever server I connect to to sync these frakkin models needs a reboot or something. Who knows if anyone has even noticed that this problem is happening?? Hello......? Anyone there?

Reading saian24's post doesn't inspire me - a whole month and still nothing - although at least they are getting some response in terms of dialogue and acknowledgement of the situation. I even contacted my ISP to double confirm there was nothing being filtered on their side and am about to upgrade my connection to ultra hi speed just for **bleep**s and giggles to see if it helps anything.

Anyone else have any ideas?

Message 9 of 39 (39 Views)
0 Likes
Naughty Dog Developer
1669 posts

Our only suggestion is the one we've posted before, as th...

Oct 23, 2010

Our only suggestion is the one we've posted before, as that's been our experience in helping clear up similar issues:

Try the following:

1. On the XMB go to the "Game" icon
  2. Press up until you have "Game Data Utility" highlighted and press 'X'
  3. Select the data that says something like Uncharted 2 1.07 and hit "TRIANGLE" and delete it
  4. Select the data that only says Uncharted 2 and hit "TRIANGLE" and delete that
  5. Whatever you do, don't be tempted to delete the data under the "Save Game Utility"!!
  6. Launch Uncharted 2, connect to multiplayer and let it download and install all the Title Updates (this will take a little while at this point)
  7. Exit back out to the XMB, go to your PSN download history and redownload all your previous DLC (paid and unpaid DLC)
See if that helps. And trying repeatedly to see if it goes through.
We'll sticky these instructions for future reference.
Message 10 of 39 (39 Views)
0 Likes