Reply
Treasure Hunter
Registered: 11/21/2009
Offline
4961 posts
 

I love when people get called out by thier stats and then...

Dec 6, 2010

TwinSnakes89 wrote:

 


Shrantellatessa wrote:

 


SilentBobsRancor wrote:

Well said. Was it DTI that killed you, or was it DTI + FF + knowing how to strafe + being very good at aiming? Basically, a really good player killed you. I just don't think DTI is the noob booster people think it is, and this is coming from somebody who is usually killed by DTI and FF very quickly. Can you really say that somebody who is doing what my signature says, while strafing, is a noob? We have power weapons, camping, SA, etc., and this person is actually out in the open where you can shoot them down.


I think the OP does indeed neglect other factors contributing to him losing in 1 vs 1 or being killed by DTI users from long distances. But I'm not very surprised by his attitude since his most used Slot 1 Booster is From The Hip. I think if you have that much trouble against DTI'ers, then it's probably time to grab that Goddamn Down The Irons and start working on your aiming skills rather than "enhancing" your blind-fire accuracy and complain about being killed by DTI "n00bs."

 


 

I can assure you i haven't used "From The Hip" in a looooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooong time. My recent boosters are Rapid Hands/Glass Jaw and Half Loaded. In fact i don't think i have used it since the health change. 

 

My point of the thread was that i was killed from the full length of the map. If it was DTI, The AK, The Lag or just bad luck i don't know. But the point of the matter was he equipped DTI so what would your first reaction be? "Wow DTI has long range". 

 

I haven't even played U2 in nearly a month so i couldn't give any new examples of DTI, only what I have experienced previously. 


I love when people get called out by thier stats and then ALWAYS use this nonsense defense.  "Oh, what, I dont know what youre talking about...I haven't used From the Hip/SA/Launch Man/etc in forever!"  Or, yeah, I know my stats say the shotgun is my most used rifle, but I havent used that in months, LOLOLOL!  Come on guys, face it, although alot of what ND messes with goes to SHlT, the stats are somewhat accurate.

Uncharted 2: 135,000 kills
Uncharted 3: 110,000 kills
Uncharted 4: meh
Message 51 of 65 (32 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Wastelander
Registered: 08/02/2009
Offline
639 posts
 

Erm how about you just ask the people i have played with...

Dec 6, 2010

 


mbhitman wrote:

TwinSnakes89 wrote:

 


Shrantellatessa wrote:

 


SilentBobsRancor wrote:

Well said. Was it DTI that killed you, or was it DTI + FF + knowing how to strafe + being very good at aiming? Basically, a really good player killed you. I just don't think DTI is the noob booster people think it is, and this is coming from somebody who is usually killed by DTI and FF very quickly. Can you really say that somebody who is doing what my signature says, while strafing, is a noob? We have power weapons, camping, SA, etc., and this person is actually out in the open where you can shoot them down.


I think the OP does indeed neglect other factors contributing to him losing in 1 vs 1 or being killed by DTI users from long distances. But I'm not very surprised by his attitude since his most used Slot 1 Booster is From The Hip. I think if you have that much trouble against DTI'ers, then it's probably time to grab that Goddamn Down The Irons and start working on your aiming skills rather than "enhancing" your blind-fire accuracy and complain about being killed by DTI "n00bs."

 


 

I can assure you i haven't used "From The Hip" in a looooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooong time. My recent boosters are Rapid Hands/Glass Jaw and Half Loaded. In fact i don't think i have used it since the health change. 

 

My point of the thread was that i was killed from the full length of the map. If it was DTI, The AK, The Lag or just bad luck i don't know. But the point of the matter was he equipped DTI so what would your first reaction be? "Wow DTI has long range". 

 

I haven't even played U2 in nearly a month so i couldn't give any new examples of DTI, only what I have experienced previously. 


I love when people get called out by thier stats and then ALWAYS use this nonsense defense.  "Oh, what, I dont know what youre talking about...I haven't used From the Hip/SA/Launch Man/etc in forever!"  Or, yeah, I know my stats say the shotgun is my most used rifle, but I havent used that in months, LOLOLOL!  Come on guys, face it, although alot of what ND messes with goes to SHlT, the stats are somewhat accurate.


 

Erm how about you just ask the people i have played with here? 

 

Not once have i equipped FTH in recent times, I used to use it for certain game modes like King Of The Hill. 

 

FTH has no use in the current game now. Shotguns don't need it, and whats the point in blindly firing an AK? Would be easier and more useful to blind fire a pistol and then melee the enemy. FTH is useless 

Message 52 of 65 (32 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
Registered: 07/16/2010
Offline
187 posts
 

Pro's like this kid use DTI

Dec 6, 2010

Pro's like this kid use DTI

 

Uncharted 2 Stats Card by JAKPRO.net - Lenown
Message 53 of 65 (32 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
Registered: 11/21/2009
Offline
4961 posts
 

Because there is no need to ask anyone.  Your stats are d...

Dec 6, 2010

TwinSnakes89 wrote:

 


mbhitman wrote:

TwinSnakes89 wrote:

 


Shrantellatessa wrote:

 


SilentBobsRancor wrote:

Well said. Was it DTI that killed you, or was it DTI + FF + knowing how to strafe + being very good at aiming? Basically, a really good player killed you. I just don't think DTI is the noob booster people think it is, and this is coming from somebody who is usually killed by DTI and FF very quickly. Can you really say that somebody who is doing what my signature says, while strafing, is a noob? We have power weapons, camping, SA, etc., and this person is actually out in the open where you can shoot them down.


I think the OP does indeed neglect other factors contributing to him losing in 1 vs 1 or being killed by DTI users from long distances. But I'm not very surprised by his attitude since his most used Slot 1 Booster is From The Hip. I think if you have that much trouble against DTI'ers, then it's probably time to grab that Goddamn Down The Irons and start working on your aiming skills rather than "enhancing" your blind-fire accuracy and complain about being killed by DTI "n00bs."

 


 

I can assure you i haven't used "From The Hip" in a looooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooong time. My recent boosters are Rapid Hands/Glass Jaw and Half Loaded. In fact i don't think i have used it since the health change. 

 

My point of the thread was that i was killed from the full length of the map. If it was DTI, The AK, The Lag or just bad luck i don't know. But the point of the matter was he equipped DTI so what would your first reaction be? "Wow DTI has long range". 

 

I haven't even played U2 in nearly a month so i couldn't give any new examples of DTI, only what I have experienced previously. 


I love when people get called out by thier stats and then ALWAYS use this nonsense defense.  "Oh, what, I dont know what youre talking about...I haven't used From the Hip/SA/Launch Man/etc in forever!"  Or, yeah, I know my stats say the shotgun is my most used rifle, but I havent used that in months, LOLOLOL!  Come on guys, face it, although alot of what ND messes with goes to SHlT, the stats are somewhat accurate.


 

Erm how about you just ask the people i have played with here? 

 

Not once have i equipped FTH in recent times, I used to use it for certain game modes like King Of The Hill. 

 

FTH has no use in the current game now. Shotguns don't need it, and whats the point in blindly firing an AK? Would be easier and more useful to blind fire a pistol and then melee the enemy. FTH is useless 


Because there is no need to ask anyone.  Your stats are displayed on the NaughtyDog website.  What are these random friends of yours going to tell me that I can't see from your stats.  Yeah, I understand you have used FTH recently, but that doesn't change the fact that its your most used booster. 

I have used Glass Jaw in place of DTI for about 990 of my last 1000 games.  Oddly enough, DTI is still showing as my most used slot 1 booster.  Do you know why?  Because I have still used it more than Glass Jaw.  As have you used FTH more than any other slot 1 booster. 

Oddly enough, your most used slot 1 booster actually has little to no relevance in this thread, TBH, and Im not entirely sure why it even got brought up.  My point however, is that silly excuse about how the ND site must be wrong bc your stats are different than what the site says is used here by many community members often, and I get a chuckle out of it everytime.

 

Uncharted 2: 135,000 kills
Uncharted 3: 110,000 kills
Uncharted 4: meh
Message 54 of 65 (32 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Wastelander
Registered: 08/02/2009
Offline
639 posts
 

I didn't bring up my boosters, but being accused of just...

Dec 6, 2010

 


mbhitman wrote:

TwinSnakes89 wrote:

 


mbhitman wrote:

TwinSnakes89 wrote:

 


Shrantellatessa wrote:

 


SilentBobsRancor wrote:

Well said. Was it DTI that killed you, or was it DTI + FF + knowing how to strafe + being very good at aiming? Basically, a really good player killed you. I just don't think DTI is the noob booster people think it is, and this is coming from somebody who is usually killed by DTI and FF very quickly. Can you really say that somebody who is doing what my signature says, while strafing, is a noob? We have power weapons, camping, SA, etc., and this person is actually out in the open where you can shoot them down.


I think the OP does indeed neglect other factors contributing to him losing in 1 vs 1 or being killed by DTI users from long distances. But I'm not very surprised by his attitude since his most used Slot 1 Booster is From The Hip. I think if you have that much trouble against DTI'ers, then it's probably time to grab that Goddamn Down The Irons and start working on your aiming skills rather than "enhancing" your blind-fire accuracy and complain about being killed by DTI "n00bs."

 


 

I can assure you i haven't used "From The Hip" in a looooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooong time. My recent boosters are Rapid Hands/Glass Jaw and Half Loaded. In fact i don't think i have used it since the health change. 

 

My point of the thread was that i was killed from the full length of the map. If it was DTI, The AK, The Lag or just bad luck i don't know. But the point of the matter was he equipped DTI so what would your first reaction be? "Wow DTI has long range". 

 

I haven't even played U2 in nearly a month so i couldn't give any new examples of DTI, only what I have experienced previously. 


I love when people get called out by thier stats and then ALWAYS use this nonsense defense.  "Oh, what, I dont know what youre talking about...I haven't used From the Hip/SA/Launch Man/etc in forever!"  Or, yeah, I know my stats say the shotgun is my most used rifle, but I havent used that in months, LOLOLOL!  Come on guys, face it, although alot of what ND messes with goes to SHlT, the stats are somewhat accurate.


 

Erm how about you just ask the people i have played with here? 

 

Not once have i equipped FTH in recent times, I used to use it for certain game modes like King Of The Hill. 

 

FTH has no use in the current game now. Shotguns don't need it, and whats the point in blindly firing an AK? Would be easier and more useful to blind fire a pistol and then melee the enemy. FTH is useless 


Because there is no need to ask anyone.  Your stats are displayed on the NaughtyDog website.  What are these random friends of yours going to tell me that I can't see from your stats.  Yeah, I understand you have used FTH recently, but that doesn't change the fact that its your most used booster. 

I have used Glass Jaw in place of DTI for about 990 of my last 1000 games.  Oddly enough, DTI is still showing as my most used slot 1 booster.  Do you know why?  Because I have still used it more than Glass Jaw.  As have you used FTH more than any other slot 1 booster. 

Oddly enough, your most used slot 1 booster actually has little to no relevance in this thread, TBH, and Im not entirely sure why it even got brought up.  My point however, is that silly excuse about how the ND site must be wrong bc your stats are different than what the site says is used here by many community members often, and I get a chuckle out of it everytime.

 


 

I didn't bring up my boosters, but being accused of just running around blindfiring and then complaining about the fact i was killed by a DTI user the full length of the map is 100% wrong, which is what he was doing. I never said the stats were wrong,what i said was i haven't used FTH in a long time, theres a difference. The 2nd booster slot updated to my most used booster, maybe my booster slot 1 hasn't updated yet as i am always switching between GJ and RH. 

 

As i said it could have easily been either DTI, The AK, Lag or just bad luck. 

Message 55 of 65 (32 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Highlighted
Fender Bender
Registered: 02/17/2010
Offline
4346 posts
 

It's amazing how incredibly dumb people really are. But t...

Dec 6, 2010

 


pdiss88 wrote:

 


GMRcris wrote:

 

Look if I kill you at longer ranges with the AK-47 and I had down the irons I will gladly give you that. But if I out shoot you at mid to short range and your crying....Your just mad cause you can't gun-fight most likely. Your strafing abilities weren't up to caliber. Your aim was off.

 

This.

 

If I can immediately hear you whining about DTI as soon as you get outshot, you were too close to me for it to even make a difference. Keep your mouth shut and accept defeat.


 

It's amazing how incredibly dumb people really are. But this is not surprising considering most people usually are.

 

I also would like to point out how many really practically boosters are there in the game. Here are the ones I consider to be actually practically and hardly rivaled.

 

Down the Irons

Situational Awarness

 

These are the two. You might, maybe think Evasion is worth something but it gives you nothing. It makes you immured to an overpowered booster. So if you use it when no one has it on you basically wasted a booster. While with Situational people may have Evasion on but that just means your equal. You also have to keep in mind maybe not everyone has Evasion so you still may yet to find some prey to pick on.

 

I know another popular booster for Slot 1 is Rapid Hands. But what I am so curious about is honestly why? You really need to reload that much? I know what your going to say. "Oh well I like it cause when there is a bunch of people..." Yeah cool. How often does that happen? How often can you even take a bunch of people 3v1 and come out alive as long as the 3 have decent aim on you. Your dead. Back in pre-1.05 Rapid Hands was good but now. Nope. I do not consider practical in comparison to Down the Irons or Situational Awareness.

 

I also would like to note I see a lot of people with some absurd habit of reloading after shooting off perhaps just one bullet. I honestly see no rational for this other than you really feel that unconfident in your aim that with that 1 bullet you think you won't be able to get a kill. That you actually need a full clip just to take someone. Kinda baffling honestly but whatever.

 

Perhaps in Plunder rapid hands might be good if you are getting a bunch of people constantly rushing you, but they must be pretty stupid considering, if two people with actually competent aim take the time to actually try to kill you, there is no way you should be able to take two people in a gunfight now at the same time unless their completely and utterly terrible.

Message 56 of 65 (32 Views)
Hekseville Citizen
Registered: 12/17/2009
Offline
445 posts
 

It's amazing how incredibly arrogant some people are, all...

Dec 6, 2010

 


GMRcris wrote:

 

 

It's amazing how incredibly dumb people really are. But this is not surprising considering most people usually are.

...

 

It's amazing how incredibly arrogant some people are, all your post basically did was belittle people that don't have the same opinion/game-strategies as you. Let me guess you're not "most people" huh? What did your post contribute at all to the general discourse?

 

Actually, check that, when have any of your posts been anything other than some sophomoric rant about how you get it and nobody else does? The crown must weigh heavily on your head indeed..lol.

 

How 'bout this, "most people" could care less if you think you are some sort of uncharted genius... seriously, ego-stroking masturbatory behavior in public is so unbecoming, do that in private.

Message 57 of 65 (32 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
Registered: 07/16/2010
Offline
187 posts
 

1. I completely agree with you on that. 2. These two you...

Dec 6, 2010

GMRcris wrote:

 


pdiss88 wrote:

 


GMRcris wrote:

 

Look if I kill you at longer ranges with the AK-47 and I had down the irons I will gladly give you that. But if I out shoot you at mid to short range and your crying....Your just mad cause you can't gun-fight most likely. Your strafing abilities weren't up to caliber. Your aim was off.

 

This.

 

If I can immediately hear you whining about DTI as soon as you get outshot, you were too close to me for it to even make a difference. Keep your mouth shut and accept defeat.


 

It's amazing how incredibly dumb people really are. But this is not surprising considering most people usually are.

 

I also would like to point out how many really practically boosters are there in the game. Here are the ones I consider to be actually practically and hardly rivaled.

 

Down the Irons

Situational Awarness

 

These are the two. You might, maybe think Evasion is worth something but it gives you nothing. It makes you immured to an overpowered booster. So if you use it when no one has it on you basically wasted a booster. While with Situational people may have Evasion on but that just means your equal. You also have to keep in mind maybe not everyone has Evasion so you still may yet to find some prey to pick on.

 

I know another popular booster for Slot 1 is Rapid Hands. But what I am so curious about is honestly why? You really need to reload that much? I know what your going to say. "Oh well I like it cause when there is a bunch of people..." Yeah cool. How often does that happen? How often can you even take a bunch of people 3v1 and come out alive as long as the 3 have decent aim on you. Your dead. Back in pre-1.05 Rapid Hands was good but now. Nope. I do not consider practical in comparison to Down the Irons or Situational Awareness.

 

I also would like to note I see a lot of people with some absurd habit of reloading after shooting off perhaps just one bullet. I honestly see no rational for this other than you really feel that unconfident in your aim that with that 1 bullet you think you won't be able to get a kill. That you actually need a full clip just to take someone. Kinda baffling honestly but whatever.

 

Perhaps in Plunder rapid hands might be good if you are getting a bunch of people constantly rushing you, but they must be pretty stupid considering, if two people with actually competent aim take the time to actually try to kill you, there is no way you should be able to take two people in a gunfight now at the same time unless their completely and utterly terrible.


1. I completely agree with you on that.

 

2. These two you could combine because its the same thing. With the way I play which is I just run out and kill who I can before I die, Rapid hands is a great booster for that. And plus if you jump off to high of ground and didn't reload completely before that and go into a swan dive RH's is good for that because you can reload in a flash before you jump or after you hit the ground and roll. And with RH's you have a 1v1 duel and someone add's, and your already alittle behind cover you can fool your enemy and run away and while they chase reloading and if you have RH's you can just turn around and mow him down mid reload and seek a better ground to take out the second dude thats following him. And with the lag in this game I've shot 3/4's of a clip at people and them still roll or jump away so thats other reason I like RH's.

 

3.Or you can flank them and take out 2-3 people back to back with RH's because you reload faster then they have the time to react. Where if yjou run DTI you have the long reload time it gives people time to notice "Hey my teammate's died because there is someone flanking us, but he stopped shotting so while he is in the middle of a reload let me take better cover" where with RH's you kill them before they know your there because the reload time is ALOT shorter.

 

But all booster's have advange and disadvange's. It just depends how well you can use them. I can put on SA and since I never use it I would act like a noob with it or completely forget I have it on because I never use it. Where on big open makes like the fort and plaza I put on DTI because you have alot better chance seeing someone from a distance then upclose. Then smaller map's like Ice cave's and santurary I put on RH's because there is a less chance to meet someone at a long distance. Then the village I just switch between the 2 depending how lazy I want to be with aiming.

 

Uncharted 2 Stats Card by JAKPRO.net - Lenown
Message 58 of 65 (32 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
Registered: 11/25/2011
Offline
4945 posts
 

ROAD HOUSE.

Dec 6, 2010

IcarianHeights wrote:

 


GMRcris wrote:

 

 

It's amazing how incredibly dumb people really are. But this is not surprising considering most people usually are.

...

 

It's amazing how incredibly arrogant some people are, all your post basically did was belittle people that don't have the same opinion/game-strategies as you. Let me guess you're not "most people" huh? What did your post contribute at all to the general discourse?

 

Actually, check that, when have any of your posts been anything other than some sophomoric rant about how you get it and nobody else does? The crown must weigh heavily on your head indeed..lol.

 

How 'bout this, "most people" could care less if you think you are some sort of uncharted genius... seriously, ego-stroking masturbatory behavior in public is so unbecoming, do that in private.


ROAD HOUSE. 

Message 59 of 65 (32 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
Registered: 01/29/2009
Offline
1337 posts
 

DTI is the most useful Booster for the number 1 slot IMHO...

Dec 6, 2010

DTI is the most useful Booster for the number 1 slot IMHO I sometimes mess around with Rapid Hands or Juggler. I don't use negatives because I really don't care much for leveling up.

Message 60 of 65 (32 Views)
Reply
0 Likes