Nov 29 2011
By: DamageIncM First Son 22 posts

Differences Between Versions?

4 replies 197 views Edited Nov 29, 2011

Hello everyone,

I don't have "Uncharted 2" yet, but I'm wondering which version to get.

As I like to usually get the more special versions, although I would have loved that very rare one with the Dagger,

I opted to get either the "Special Edition" (with the SteelBook and all) or the "GOTY"-edition.

Could you please sum it up to me exactly what is extra about these versions?

As it's unclear to me what is in there exactly, I'm also not familiar with the DLC and such.

As far as I understand, the "Special Edition" comes in a SteelBook, with 2 art-cards and perhaps certain DLC-codes(?).
Then the "GOTY"-edition comes with all kinds of DLC, up until the time this version was released of course,
 but I'm not sure if there was anything released after it got released so something would be missing...

I'm also worried, as I'd buy that "Special Edition" used, if any codes would be used and therefor not usable again.
That would be too bad, but I could instead go for the "GOTY"-version or perhaps additionally...

Greetings.

Message 1 of 5 (197 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
22 posts

I'm wondering: What would happen if you first play the s...

Dec 14, 2011

I'm wondering:

What would happen if you first play the standard version of the game,
 and then put in the "GOTY"-edition of the game to use the extra content from that?
Would it reset all your progress and statistics or would it be treated as a new game and you have to start over?
How does this work?...

Message 2 of 5 (197 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
108 posts

The GOTY edition just gives you a voucher for the DLC for...

Dec 15, 2011

The GOTY edition just gives you a voucher for the DLC for uncharted 2, has nothing to do with ruining save games or something like that

Although if I remember right didnt the GOTY voucher expire 10/2011? If the voucher is expired, the GOTY edition is useless to you for buying it now.

Message 3 of 5 (197 Views)
0 Likes
Highlighted
Hekseville Citizen
419 posts

Re: I'm wondering: What would happen if you first play the s...

Dec 23, 2011

DamageIncM wrote:

I'm wondering:

What would happen if you first play the standard version of the game,
and then put in the "GOTY"-edition of the game to use the extra content from that?
Would it reset all your progress and statistics or would it be treated as a new game and you have to start over?
How does this work?...

No its the same, its the same disk but the GOTY edition comes with voucher

Message 4 of 5 (197 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3480 posts

Re: I'm wondering: What would happen if you first play the s...

Jan 30, 2012

It's Expired now.

Just keeping these U2 forums alive.

Message 5 of 5 (197 Views)
0 Likes