Jun 28 2011
By: Typhon1983 Splicer 47 posts

Can't join my friends' party

3 replies 633 views Edited Jun 28, 2011

Hi,

since a while I'm having trouble to connect with two of my friends with whom I regularly played UC2 before.

I don't know if it has anything to do with that I recently switched from DSL to Cable-Internet, but I checked my router settings and everything seems fine to me.

UPnP is enabled and when UC2 is started it requests to open UDP Port 3658 to the PS3, which looks good to me.

But when we try to join each others groups it never works. There is either no error-message at all, or the message "Can't join group" or it seems to work for about 3 seconds and then we are kicked out of each others groups again.

Anybody any suggestions what could cause this? For what settings could I look in my router config? What else could I try?

Message 1 of 4 (633 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
5 posts

Still occuring

Aug 22, 2011

The problem continues for me. I try to join one friend's party but cannot; however, I can join another friend's party. He can join other people's parties but not mine. I can play all other games online but just cannot get into a party with my friend. If anyone can help it'd be great!

Message 2 of 4 (633 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
331 posts

I have had the same problem as both of you with a couple...

Aug 24, 2011

I have had the same problem as both of you with a couple of my friends. 

One solution to the problem is to make sure that you or your friend are not party leader, so you need a third person to be party leader.  With a third person as party leader you and your friend should be able to join each other, but the bad thing is that if you use mics you will not be able to hear each other, and also you always need a third person to be able to play together.  

Also, what are you and your friend's NAT type?  If you or your friends is NAT type 3, I would suggest putting your PS3 into a DMZ.  Just google "how to put a Playstation 3 into a DMZ" to learn how to do it. 

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Message 3 of 4 (633 Views)
0 Likes
Highlighted
Uncharted Territory
1410 posts

This happens to me and my family members as well as multi...

Sep 6, 2011

This happens to me and my family members as well as multiple friends all the time.  I guess Naughty Dog doesn't care anymore.

My Youtube: http://www.youtube.com/arcadias1595
My Twitch: https://www.twitch.tv/arcadias1695
Message 4 of 4 (633 Views)
0 Likes