Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Feb 26 2012
By: Matt_VT_Schlo1 I Only Post Everything 1204 posts

Almost all of my PSN friends still play Uncharted 2 MP, but not 3

21 replies 473 views Edited Feb 26, 2012

This really speaks volumes that many people seemed to prefer the simplicity of the Uncharted 3 MP, and not the Call of Duty inspired updates found in Uncharted 3 MP. We played UC2 MP last night, and I was shocked at how quickly we found games full of people playing

Controls feel tighter in 2

Character models looks better in 2

Didn't miss the Power Plays, at all -

I dunno know what it is, but UC3 MP feels 'off' and not as fun as MP in 2

The Last of Us: 96% Metacritic!!!
Please use plain text.
Message 1 of 22 (473 Views)
Fender Bender
4542 posts

Re: Almost all of my PSN friends still play Uncharted 2 MP, but not 3

Mar 1, 2012

Lucky you!

Photobucket
Please use plain text.
Message 2 of 22 (473 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
82 posts

Mar 3, 2012

I agree with you 100%. Uncharted 2, to me, is a far superior game. The only thing UC3 has going for it is it's higher health. But despite the lower health, UC2 is still a lot of fun to play. UC3 is just a lot of frustration and BS.

Please use plain text.
Message 3 of 22 (473 Views)
Welcoming Committee
13262 posts

Mar 6, 2012

OverHeel wrote:

I agree with you 100%. Uncharted 2, to me, is a far superior game. The only thing UC3 has going for it is it's higher health. But despite the lower health, UC2 is still a lot of fun to play. UC3 is just a lot of frustration and BS.

Factor in that lag somehow helps people even more with the higher health system and actually Uncharted 2's lower health is actually better for multiplayer... At least in the world of Uncharted.

Please use plain text.
Message 4 of 22 (473 Views)
0 Likes
Ghost of Sparta
13011 posts

Mar 10, 2012

Aureilia wrote:

OverHeel wrote:

Factor in that lag somehow helps people even more with the higher health system and actually Uncharted 2's lower health is actually better for multiplayer... At least in the world of Uncharted.

I thought you were a fan of 1.04.

http://community.us.playstation.com/t5/The-Last-of-Us-Multiplayer/Ping-filter-toggle-SUPPORT-for-less-lag/m-p/40782623
Please use plain text.
Message 5 of 22 (473 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1205 posts

Mar 10, 2012

As far as I go, the only reason I still play U2's MP and not U3's is because I still don't have the game yet which is quite sad with me being a community developer. As for others, maybe they have the game and the U2 MP is just a nostalgia (sp?) thing.

Design your own sig @ myu2sig.com - Gen Status: - Total unique user count:
Please use plain text.
Message 6 of 22 (473 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
6 posts

May 27, 2012

It's not nostalgia for me.  UC 3 multiplayer is far more ambitious and whimsical and has customization going for it.  I grew weary of some of the connectivity issues, lag, and treasure grinding, so I went out and bought the dual pack.  Too many times I had seen the die-hards tout the merits of UC2 as the best in the franchise.  Wow.  UC2 has a better main villain and story, and while not as expansive, UC 2 multi is a smoother, better-looking, more enjoyable experience.  To be fair, THC is a staggeringly awesome bargain.  However, the customizable characters, boost-and-kickback crazy gameplay, split screen (lose this feature, not worth it, plz), and connectivity discrepancies hinder UC3 more than help it.  I bet the design and development teams must have gone batsh!t crazy trying to squeeze the finished product they envisioned out of the aging PS3.  This seems like a trial run for PS4 bundle.  Don't misunderstand.  It's the best franchise Sony has...its just my opinion.

Please use plain text.
Message 7 of 22 (473 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1044 posts

May 28, 2012

I know where you're coming from. But for me UC3 is just more funner because of it's depth. UC2 has an addictive feel but gets stale quickly. That's my opinion.

Please use plain text.
Message 8 of 22 (473 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
541 posts

May 28, 2012

Yeah for me it's nostalgia, although I bought U2 only in the summer of 2011. When UC3 came out the multiplayer was just such a delight, the loadouts, the multiple modes in objective, the legacy, the high five, the sprint button, the treasures, just every little thing. It is overall so much better than uc2. The reason I like uc2 mp is indeed the simplicity but most of all the memories of that period.

Please use plain text.
Message 9 of 22 (473 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
322 posts

May 31, 2012

Uncharted 2 over uncharted 3 by a mile. Despite the low health I still find it more fun but hardly anyone on my friends list still plays it except for a few. Just think ND did too much with uncharted 3.

Please use plain text.
Message 10 of 22 (473 Views)