Wastelander
675 posts

Seriously, Lt. Draza Black? He is Russian like Lazarevic,...

Nov 30, 2010

shnoob2 wrote:

Darkblaze333 wrote:

Throughout the entire campain of UC2, there is not one African American character. No black enemies, no black main or side characters, nothing. So, none of the multiplayer skins are black either. In Uncharted: Drake's Fortune there were no African Americans as main characters either, only a certain brute type of enemy rarely seen in the game was brown skinned.

This series has a HUGE diversity with the races, from whites to mexicans to whatever Flynn and Chloe are (don't actually know), so why exactly are there no blacks? I'm just curious, this has always bugged me.

Really, you couldn't find one black character?  Lieutenant Draza says, "Hello."  Eddy Raja is also black, although more of an Asian-Black mix like Tiger Woods; but black nonetheless.  Most all of Eddy's pirates are black, too, including the MP skin, Prakoso.

Are you really implying that Flynn and Chloe aren't white?  You need your eyes checked, because you may be color blind.  I can see someone debating Chloe, but Flynn?  Are you serious?  Both Chloe Frazier and Harold Flynn are white.

Seriously, Lt. Draza Black? He is Russian like Lazarevic, you need your eyes checked.

I feel bad for people who weren't part of the original ND forum, this one will never be as good. It is tragic.
Ghost of Sparta
13011 posts

Are you implying that there is underlying racism in the g...

Nov 30, 2010

Are you implying that there is underlying racism in the game?

I guess the next question will be "Why there are no communists in the game?"  like COD... :smileyindifferent:

http://community.us.playstation.com/t5/The-Last-of-Us-Multiplayer/Ping-filter-toggle-SUPPORT-for-less-lag/m-p/40782623
Message 12 of 178 (51 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
707 posts

Really, you couldn't find one black character?  Lieutenan...

Nov 30, 2010

Darkblaze333 wrote:

Throughout the entire campain of UC2, there is not one African American character. No black enemies, no black main or side characters, nothing. So, none of the multiplayer skins are black either. In Uncharted: Drake's Fortune there were no African Americans as main characters either, only a certain brute type of enemy rarely seen in the game was brown skinned.

This series has a HUGE diversity with the races, from whites to mexicans to whatever Flynn and Chloe are (don't actually know), so why exactly are there no blacks? I'm just curious, this has always bugged me.

Really, you couldn't find one black character?  Lieutenant Draza says, "Hello."  Eddy Raja is also black, although more of an Asian-Black mix like Tiger Woods; but black nonetheless.  Most all of Eddy's pirates are black, too, including the MP skin, Prakoso.

Are you really implying that Flynn and Chloe aren't white?  You need your eyes checked, because you may be color blind.  I can see someone debating Chloe, but Flynn?  Are you serious?  Both Chloe Frazier and Harold Flynn are white.

On the topic of the Museum Guards:  They are Arab.  Now, people don't generally ever call middle-easterner's by a color, but they (most) aren't white, yellow (asian), or red (indian), so they must be black and that is what any one with any idea of what they are talking about will tell you.  Black doesn't have to mean a person from "saharan Africa"; it can include a multitude of people including many Hispanic people.

Uncharted 2 Stats Card by JAKPRO.net - shnoob2
Message 13 of 178 (51 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
923 posts

Breaking forum rules or not, you sound very stupid my fri...

Nov 30, 2010

shnoob2 wrote:

Darkblaze333 wrote:

Breaking forum rules or not, you sound very stupid my friend.

Eddy and Prakaso are obviously mexican, they even speak it. Draza isn't black at all . . .  Flynn and Chloe may be white, but they're not american (based off their accents). The only black pirate was the brute I described before.

I don't think you know what the term "African Amrerican" is, you seem to think that anyone with a caramel-ish tone in their skin is black.

Message 14 of 178 (51 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3624 posts

Which only makes him look even more ignorant.   Also........

Nov 30, 2010

Darkblaze333 wrote:

shnoob2 wrote:

Darkblaze333 wrote:

Breaking forum rules or not, you sound very stupid my friend.

Eddy and Prakaso are obviously mexican, they even speak it. Draza isn't black at all . . .  Flynn and Chloe may be white, but they're not american (based off their accents). The only black pirate was the brute I described before.

I don't think you know what the term "African Amrerican" is, you seem to think that anyone with a caramel-ish tone in their skin is black.

Which only makes him look even more ignorant.

Also.....

Harold Flynn? Seriously? WTF?

#SaintsofNewMarias#RepairCrew
Message 15 of 178 (51 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
4961 posts

He could in fact be a black russian, however, he can't be...

Nov 30, 2010

shnoob2 wrote:

Spiderrlegs wrote:

shnoob2 wrote:

Darkblaze333 wrote:

Seriously, Lt. Draza Black? He is Russian like Lazarevic, you need your eyes checked.

Don't even start up an argument about Draza because you will look like a fool.  The facial features and skin color prove me right in saying that Lt. Draza is black. 

And you make no sense in saying, "He's not black, he's Russian!"  Think about that.  It makes no sense, it is like saying, "He isn't black. he's Canadian!"  Ethnicity =/= Nationality. 

He could in fact be a black russian, however, he can't be a russian african american, as that would make no sense at all.

Uncharted 2: 135,000 kills
Uncharted 3: 110,000 kills
Uncharted 4: meh
Message 16 of 178 (51 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
707 posts

Don't even start up an argument about Draza because you w...

Nov 30, 2010

Spiderrlegs wrote:

shnoob2 wrote:

Darkblaze333 wrote:

Don't even start up an argument about Draza because you will look like a fool.  The facial features and skin color prove me right in saying that Lt. Draza is black. 

And you make no sense in saying, "He's not black, he's Russian!"  Think about that.  It makes no sense, it is like saying, "He isn't black. he's Canadian!"  Ethnicity =/= Nationality. 

Message 17 of 178 (51 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3624 posts

LMAO You're not serious are you? :smileyindifferent:...

Nov 30, 2010

shnoob2 wrote:

Spiderrlegs wrote:

shnoob2 wrote:

Darkblaze333 wrote:

LMAO You're not serious are you? :smileyindifferent:

Lt. Draza Black? Do you even know what a black person looks like?

#SaintsofNewMarias#RepairCrew
Message 18 of 178 (51 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
707 posts

Thank you.

Nov 30, 2010

mbhitman wrote:

shnoob2 wrote:

Spiderrlegs wrote:

shnoob2 wrote:

Darkblaze333 wrote:

He could in fact be a black russian, however, he can't be a russian african american, as that would make no sense at all.

Thank you.

Message 19 of 178 (51 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
923 posts

Lol, I know, he's insane. Draza is far from black . . .

Nov 30, 2010

Lol, I know, he's insane. Draza is far from black . . .

Message 20 of 178 (51 Views)
0 Likes