Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
May 24 2012
By: DrKazoo First Son 21 posts

Advice for a new-ish player

13 replies 275 views Edited May 24, 2012

Hi guys, I've been playing Uncharted 2 multiplayer for a couple of days now, and while it's a lot of fun I do get frustrated by getting killed very quickly. When I get kills, it's  usually because I crept up on them, they're shooting someone else or we both kill each other.

After looking at my kill/death ratio, I thought I should ask for advice from long-time players (at least the ones who are still around). So I'm hoping you can offer some  advice about things like aim vs. blindfire, when's best to use a grenade, what to do when I'm caught in a crossfire, somewhere with maps of the levels, how to take down multiple opponents etc. as well as some more general advice.

I'm also looking for advice about getting the trophies, such as good places for the BBQ and Tricky medals.

Thanks in advance, I appreciate it.

Message 1 of 14 (275 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1016 posts

Re: Advice for a new-ish player

May 25, 2012

Well for starters the MP is MUCH MUCH different from single player in terms of your opposition. Do corner shooting instead of cover shooting. Only a small percentage of your body is out and you still have a perfect view of your enemy. Oh and once you unlock it use evasion. So many people are using Situational Awareness it's almost laughable.

Joel's has superhuman hearing due to his integrated Astro A40's :3
Message 2 of 14 (275 Views)
Splicer
59 posts

May 25, 2012

well im not the best player but i can tell u 4rm my experience when match starts go and grab ur favourite weapon and get some kills, try to kill people from behind instead of popping infront of them, if someone is hiding behind cover aim ur gun just above the cover and throw grenade.

do practice like play shot guns only, hammers only, pistole and sniper only with ur frnds to get better with these weapons. hide and try to get kills whenever ur going negative instead of rushing out. if someone is following u throw a nade behind u and run ahead if someone is climbing infront of u dont go near ledge just throw nade. if u see two or more opponents dont do gun fight with them throw nade first then do gun fight or if they all survive ur nade run and attack from somewhere else.

when somone is in close range do blind fire with pistol its more efective than ak47 blindfire and puch them after two or three shots. do blinfire with shotty and pistole. dont run in match jump here and there.

add me up if u want more hints i play everyday.

im better player than my ratio but i cant do anything with lag and when character freeze in middle of match giving so many kills to opponents.

Message 3 of 14 (275 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
21 posts

May 29, 2012

Thanks for the info - I've tried some of it and it's helped a lot, although I seem to forget some of the specifics of it in the heat of the moment (such as using grenades as chase breakers) and then kick myself when I'm dead.

One thing I really want to improve on is aiming, such as how to react to someone who is running all over the place and I can't get a bead on, yet still somehow manages to shoot/hit me. I've also got problems with long-range and reactive accuracy - I was in the Sanctuary today and my reticle was just to the left of my target - of course by the time I moved it onto him I was dead).

Also, what do the roman numerals on the level badges mean? The matchmaking system seems to like pitting me against lots of them, and the way they play suggests they're extremely high level.

Message 4 of 14 (275 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1044 posts

May 30, 2012

My suggestion is to play UC3. UC2 is buggy and laggy.

Message 5 of 14 (275 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
59 posts

May 30, 2012

it appears to me that ur lagging thats why people r killing u so easily but i cant confirm this.

u better watch some good players playing on every map of this game go to utube and search for rampants and see how these players r playing u will learn a lot. to improve aiming play survival as much as u can.

roman letters start after lvl 50 which means 1 to 50 r amatuer lvls and then it gives roman letters I to XXX means 1 to 30 these r professional lvls.

if someone is in close range and shooting at u just dont go in gun fight throw nade in his feet first and then just jump here and there he will try to shoot u but end up getting killed by grenade.

Message 6 of 14 (275 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1438 posts

Jun 15, 2012

Shooting- Choose a sensitivity level that fits best for you. You can do this by going to options when playing in a match, and you can change the sensitivity. I suggest using the boosters Down The Irons which gives you better aim, and fleet foot to strafe. Strafing is when you go left, right, left, right with L3 so it is harder for your opponent to get you with their bullets because you're in the constant motion of going left and right.

Power Weapons- I'll I have to say for this is try to memorize the power weapon locations and try to pick up one when you find one. However, don't rely on power weapons too much.

Grenades- Instead of holding down L2, and using the aim mechanic with your grenade, if you want to get a grenade off faster, hold down L1 and press L2, while still holding down L1. What does this do? It gets your grenade off faster and it's more accurate. Secondly, lets say your opponent you are trying to kill is hiding in cover and there is a pillar, wall, tree, etc. to the left or right to them. Instead of waiting until they get out of cover. Simply bank the grenade, off the wall. This will make the grenade bounce off the wall a couple of inches and go right where your opponent is hiding in cover, and will either kill him, or knock him out. If he gets knocked out just go up and punch him.

M4- Use the M4 to your advantage. Ther are usually a couple scattered across the map. Grab them. Why? Because killing someone with a M9, is easier than killing someone with an AK.

Always be aware of your surroundings. I sometimes move my camera around to different angles, when I'm in cover or just running across the map. This way, I'll be able to catch someone sneaking up on me.

My PS3 has YLOD -_-
Message 7 of 14 (275 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
375 posts

Jun 16, 2012

Keep changing directions while you are running/walking. Don't move in a straight line for more than 3 seconds.

Message 8 of 14 (275 Views)
I Only Post Everything
1044 posts

Jun 16, 2012

Well if you're considering playing UC2; my best advice is, always be aware of what's around you and the players. The health is low and you die pretty quickly.

Message 9 of 14 (275 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1438 posts

Jul 1, 2012

J04115 wrote:

Well if you're considering playing UC2; my best advice is, always be aware of what's around you and the players. The health is low and you die pretty quickly.

In fact, even lower with constant lag from other players.

My PS3 has YLOD -_-
Message 10 of 14 (274 Views)