First Son
14 posts

My Uncharted Collection

Aug 10, 2011

I know this is an older thread, but I thought I would finally share my collection with the rest of the Uncharted community.  I like the idea of having an Official Uncharted collection thread, so we can express our enjoyment of this game, it's characters, and it's storyline.

Here's a link to my collection, which I have spent a lot of time and money to acquire.  It's a constant work in progress, which brings added enjoyment for me to this franchise.

I hope you enjoy! 

http://www.flickr.com/photos/noahsunchartedstuff/sets/

Hopefully we can raise this thread from the dead with some more added collections!

Message 31 of 51 (239 Views)
0 Likes
Big Daddy
16340 posts

Some fantastic stuff in there, thanks muchly for sharing....

Aug 10, 2011

Some fantastic stuff in there, thanks muchly for sharing.

I've often collected things, but I have never kept anything sealed.  My wife has a dozen Lord of the Rings figures, still mint, sealed in box.   All mine are out and on display, or played with by me and my kids.

But, again, thanks for sharing, and I hope others do, too.

The Biggest Lies

5.) The hats aren't the surprise.
4.) Mods knows what they're doing.
3.) It doesn't fit the world paradigm.
2.) I'm not in it for the money.
1.) The player pool will be consolidated.

Message 32 of 51 (239 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
14 posts

Thank you scootgar.   Yeah some of the things I have seal...

Aug 10, 2011

Thank you scootgar.

Yeah some of the things I have sealed, I just don't have the heart to open them.  But right now it's not too bad since really the only thing I want to open is the dagger.  The other stuff, the games, lanyard and magazine, aren't so bad. 

The minimates wil probably stay sealed as I love the display box they come in.  Now we are going to be getting all kinds of figures of drake so it will be even harder.  Not sure yet if I'll open those or not.

I've already ordered 2 copies of the collectors edition.  One to open and show off all the goodies, and of course one to stay sealed!

Message 33 of 51 (239 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
405 posts

I recieved The Art Of Uncharted 2: Among Thieves - Limite...

Aug 11, 2011

I recieved The Art Of Uncharted 2: Among Thieves - Limited Folio Edition this morning. And what a item! I haven't looked much inside, I just checked out a few pages, but that is one beautiful artbook! The whole presentation has such a...majestic feel, really great. :smileyhappy: And on the certificate (I have #146 BTW), it's nice to see that the four signatures are actually hand-made and not printed, or at least the ink looks like it's been hand-written. :smileyvery-happy: I'm looking forward to looking through the whole artbook, Uncharted is such a rich universe...

Message 34 of 51 (239 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
405 posts

Pretty nice collection you have there. The FHE looks grea...

Aug 11, 2011

Pretty nice collection you have there. The FHE looks great, it is indeed the Grail for all Uncharted collectors. :smileyhappy:

I don't have much U3 stuff except the mousepad, and honestly I don't even use it due to it's bad quality... oh well.

I hope I can get a lanyard or something in October - in France we have Paris Games Week, it's a mini-E3 with no new stuff but lots of games to play before release. Maybe I can even get to the Uncharted 3 press event? :smileyhappy: I'm eager to see what the Uncharted 3 press kit looks like!

Message 35 of 51 (239 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
14 posts

Thanks JaKhris!   Yeah, I haven't even opened my mousemat...

Aug 12, 2011

Thanks JaKhris!

Yeah, I haven't even opened my mousemat and I don't think I'm going to.  I figured it wasn't the best quality so i'll just keep it for eye candy....:smileyhappy:

Paris Games Week sounds like a good time.  If they have an Uncharted press event you should definitely go!  As far as the new press kit for Uncharted 3 goes, I also can't wait to see what it looks like.  I unfortunately missed out on the first press kit for drakes fortune, (I'll get it someday :smileywink:) but I'll need to get my hands on the new one for sure.  

I really hope NaughtyDog and Ballistic Publishing get back together again to create another fantastic artbook for U3.  I'm sure you'd agree! :smileyvery-happy:

Message 36 of 51 (239 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
975 posts

My collection includes:   Uncharted Drake's Fortune (preo...

Aug 14, 2011

My collection includes:

Uncharted Drake's Fortune (preordered it)

Uncharted DF Strategy Guide

Uncharted 2: Among Thieves (preordered it)

Uncharted 2 Strategy Guide

Uncharted 2 Soundtrack

Uncharted The Board Game

I have the following preordered:

Uncharted 3: Drake's Deception Collector's Edition (paid in full)

Uncharted 3 Strategy Guide

Uncharted Golden Abyss

photo PS4Tag_zps73200d52.png
Message 37 of 51 (239 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
14 posts

Wow Telekill, I just went through your entire thread and...

Aug 14, 2011

Wow Telekill, I just went through your entire thread and i've got to say your board game is incredable.  It shows a good amount of dedication, and it's cool that you were able to find a way to enjoy your creativity outside of your job!  Sometimes jobs don't let you use your creative juices you know...

Let me ask you a question....(I'm a very busy guy and don't always have the time to work on projects... and I know you made a game for ND and yourself....)   Would you possibly ever consider making another game or games for those that want one?  I don't know about others but I would pay you.

I'm a hardcore fan of this series and hope to have a TON of Uncharted related merchandise by the time U3 is out.  I would LOVE to have something like your board game in my collection. :smileywink:

Message 38 of 51 (239 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
975 posts

@ FortuneHunter57   Well, as of right now, I'm at a point...

Aug 14, 2011

@ FortuneHunter57

Well, as of right now, I'm at a point where making just one copy of the game took a lot out of me. Making the second copy, while easier due to having the Photoshop work done and the files simply ready to print... still took a lot out of me. I had never planned to make any more than the two copies and it was very costly. Each copy took roughly $100-$120 to create and that's materials alone. 

I made a copy for Naughty Dog as a thank you to them for making what is now my favorite game series. Considering I've been gaming now for 25 years and have literally played hundreds if not thousands of games, that's saying something. Plus, if they want to take the boardgame and run with it, making it a full retail compliment to the videogames... I would be flattered and all for it. After all, seeing something that you've poured your heart and soul into become successful is always awesome.

Naughty Dog is actually working on doing a Q&A with me on the boardgame, but they've been so busy with E3, the Beta, GamesCon, and the upcoming PAX, that they've had little to no time to check out the copy I've sent them, let alone write up a full Q&A. If they decide to not take the boardgame any further than what it currently is (the two copies), I'll be fine with that, and release the PDF files here on Naughty Dog forums for everyone to download. I'll post instructions on how to build it as well as the sites I used to order hard to find pieces and the materials/tools I used. If Naughty Dog decides to take this to full production (I'm a realist and don't see this happening), then you'll have to wait for the full purchasable copy which will be far cheaper than building it yourself.

photo PS4Tag_zps73200d52.png
Message 39 of 51 (239 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
405 posts

@FortuneHunter57: Keep the mousemat sealed... good call....

Aug 14, 2011

@FortuneHunter57: Keep the mousemat sealed... good call. I wanted to change mousemat and thought that a U3 one would be cool but...quality fail. And yeah, I'll be the first in line if there's an event. :smileyvery-happy: Time to save up some money for a press kit!

@Telekill: That board game really is impressive. :smileyhappy: I hope it gets some more attention soon, that'd be well deserved. :smileywink:

Talking about collector's items, some of you might have heard of my website The Naughty Kennel. It features a "Collector's Items" section, where registered users can submit items that are missing in the "archives" (I then check out submissions and publish them if they're good), and they can also mark items as "owned" or "wanted". When marked as owned, they have a dedicated Collection Shelf page, click here to view mine. I've added a bit but there are still quite a lot of items missing from the lists in my opinion, especially the Uncharted section. Since you guys have access to more items (ComicCon, PAX, and stuff I can't go to... living in France, and all), if you wanted to add items, that would help to complete a bit that section, and be hugely appreciated. :smileyhappy: If you don't want to register (whaaaaat?!) you could always list the items here and I'll add them later. :smileywink: Thanks.

Message 40 of 51 (239 Views)
0 Likes