First Son
5 posts

Re: twisted metal dlc

[ Edited ]
Feb 28, 2013

bah, forget it. i had posted something, but ugh,

sony's screwing themselves on this one. all i'm gonna say.

Message 31 of 36 (280 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
63 posts

Mar 1, 2013
@Scrappy- it is somewhere in that ballpark that still play. I get on and play a little bit unless it is very slow like it has been lately. This game looks like it is headed to being just another game on the shelf. I still say all online games should be a binding contract to all involved with the production of any game. It would stop this garbage of making games and leaving after a substantial profit has been achieved.
Message 32 of 36 (258 Views)
0 Likes
Monster Hunter
45 posts

Mar 1, 2013

Very true, if they were required by contract to support the game for a couple years, then we could rest easy, but if companies start doing that do you think they might  come back and use that as an excuse for something else down the road....Like " sorry you dont like our new game? Too bad we couldnt put our full effort into it because we had to keep using resources/support  our previous online game that came out 5 years ago." Have a feeling there will always be something.

Message 33 of 36 (241 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
63 posts

Mar 2, 2013
@Scrappy- It really wouldn't be a issue if the designers did a proper job to begin with to ensure a good game. When I mean binding I mean as long as the game is still getting substantial community flow the people involved in the production of the game would keep fixes/patches current. If those people do a good enough job they wouldn't have to worry about the contract and proceed with the next game while assuring the older game keeps going. Just take a look at GT5. The game is much older than TM but it was fixed/patched properly and they listened to the community therefore is a longer lived game. Still today you can find more online rooms than TM.
Message 34 of 36 (227 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
148 posts

Mar 9, 2013

According to Sony if the overall player count ever drops to below 200 the servers get pulled...

Message 35 of 36 (192 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
63 posts

Mar 9, 2013
Do they do that for all online games? If so, there are a lot of games that have years of life still left online. That actually gives any game a good chance to be played to its extreme.
Message 36 of 36 (189 Views)
0 Likes