Sackboy
531 posts

Re: pro tips

Sep 25, 2012

"Yeah, but I prefer to call them red missiles.

Are you  tm/bloodmissiles? The one who mastered Reaper? tm is a pro, I can´t believe you´re that player."

i dont have any alternate accounts ive always been comm356 if you want you can check my stats/profile on tm

sorry but im not him/her/them.

Go to
http://www.groubal.com/twisted-metal-dlc-from-eat-sleep-play-and-sony/
SIGN IT FOR TWISTED METAL DLC

also go to WWW.TWISTEDCLANS.TK
Please use plain text.
Message 21 of 38 (276 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
149 posts

Sep 25, 2012

Dang comm356...your an awesome god like figure with reaper and you didnt tell me! lol Thats stinks your catching heck over that other player. Any how...playing 10 bots on twisted should help sharpen the skills! Good luck! Im tying to catch up to your stats! I personally would love to be able to kick butt with all characters! 

Please use plain text.
Message 22 of 38 (269 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1803 posts

Sep 26, 2012

If you want to get good at the game, the best thing to do is to actually ask players that know what they are doing and quite honestly know the material. 

If you ask a player that mains a flying, and exploits said flying vehicle, how to play the game; then you will learn nothing!

Luiso has ZERO understanding of fundamentals. 

I'd show you, but I figure you find me repulsive in some form or way. And yes, I don't think you'd find anyone more capable than "me" to teach you fundamentals. I'm probably the most fundamentally sound player in the game. 

Vadimony Trophy Card
Please use plain text.
Message 23 of 38 (250 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
48 posts

Sep 26, 2012
I'm by no means one of the best out there, but my advise (as a team death match player) is to always keep moving (duh) and avoid being outnumbered. Try to avoid being double/triple teamed, etc, and help your teammates when they are outnumbered. DON'T camp. I main Road Boat so.. no flying here :smileywink:
Please use plain text.
Message 24 of 38 (243 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1803 posts

Sep 26, 2012

You're actually someone that can offer hints. I've played with you and you're certainly a good team mate. 

Vadimony Trophy Card
Please use plain text.
Message 25 of 38 (240 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
48 posts

Sep 27, 2012
Thanks Vad
Please use plain text.
Message 26 of 38 (223 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1803 posts

Sep 27, 2012

If you wish to improve and learn the fundamentals, then here's some things to study (provided this is a different measure, it will teach you things you may have not known of the game.) by clicking this link: http://community.us.playstation.com/t5/Twisted-Metal-Series-General/Manual-Aim-Game-Mode-FAQ/m-p/372...

Read that and you'll learn the functions of the game. 

Basically, in order to be really good, though depends on what mode you want to play, you have to follow conditions:

- Death Match is about finding a cheap, and effective method to rack up points as fast and consistently as possible to win games. You will likely suck at teamplay if you're going to try and end up a superb DM player; mostly because those exploits don't work in TDM and stuff. 

- LMS is about hiding and grabbing health. You want to avoid fights rather than jump into them. Learning how to be good at this can help you improve as a player, but not if you're going to try and just play it safe and hide a lot. 

- Hunted is about being a guy who runs a lot or poaches a lot. Pick or choose.

- TDM and TLMS are about the most skillful you'll find in this game. Your objective is to play your role for the team. If you're vehicle has a specific use, then you'd use it that way. Of course, to be a real good player in TDM/ TLMS, you'd likely need something of the following:

Ability to run a killstreak really long and maintain that.

Ability to deal heavy damage. 

Supportive fire or abilities based on your vehicle.

What you can't do is use selfish tactics and attempt to manhandle everything on your own. Unlike in DM, in TDM/ TLMS, all opposing players will attack you if they are there. You won't magically be able to look at them and expect them to suddenly aim at each other and stuff. They look at you. Hence, if you're getting attacked by 7 cars, you're likely going to die. If your team has players who are worried about dying and keep hiding and using inconsistent, or uneffective attacks from afar, then your team will lose because the people who are fighting are getting outnumbered. 

- Team Hunted and Nuke are about applying teamwork to objectives. You're doing the same kind of thing, but a little differently.

To be a good player, then you'd need to play enough to learn the positioning you have to take in fights. Once you're good enough, you can judge distances and always put yourself into a position that you can react to incoming attacks and avoid them while also being able to release a counterattack. If you can't do that, then you're likely a subpar player and just rely on the broken in-game elements that are a breeze to use as they're broken and OP'd. 

Furthermore, if you're good, you should be highly efficient with your inventory usage. You ought to be able to handle yourself and earn a positive net damage total off of your spawn inventory if need be. 

If  you really want to be a good player, then learn to be efficient and learn how the weapons function so that you can string damage totals together at a superior rate than others. Doing this means you can kill off Johny before his twelve homing missiles that he fires can kill you. 

The last thing you need to do is learn the maps and the routes to take so that you can move around a map and pick up the needed inventory to fight your fights. Simple as that. 

Vadimony Trophy Card
Please use plain text.
Message 27 of 38 (212 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
531 posts

Sep 29, 2012
Thanks vad . I was wrong about you
Go to

Please use plain text.
Message 28 of 38 (191 Views)
0 Likes
Monster Hunter
42 posts

[ Edited ]
Oct 1, 2012

I'd say if you want to become good learn the ins and out of EVERY weapon in the game and energy attacks. know the difference in hitting someone with a remote bomb and letting it cook and detonating it in a group instead of as soon as you hit them makes a big difference. Learn what weapon works best for the situation. Study the videos in the media section explaining the different uses of each weapon, energy attacks, and check out the video of whatever car you main to give you the basics on how to utilize it's abilities.

Also be aware of how your car handles and how you stack up against certain cars, such as do you have the speed to evade its attack or does it have an armor advantage in that situation, know when to engage or back off. Also don't underestimate jumping, powerslides and turbo dashes, combine all three of them with someone in pursuit makes you a hard target to keep a bead on, use absorption shields to gain specials back, rear freezes, etc, unleash your full arsenal of attacks and find what you do best and practice it.

Please use plain text.
Message 29 of 38 (180 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
531 posts

Oct 2, 2012
Thanks. Its good to finally get some tm tips on this thread
Go to