Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Wastelander
616 posts

Re: Twisted Metal - patch update 8/9/12

[ Edited ]
Aug 11, 2012

Thank you for the update. It's nice to know this game hasn't been forgotten about.

Hopefully we will continue to see updates and possibly some DLC (crosses fingers).

As for some fine tuning on balace issues here is my two cents.

First of all it seems a couple of the posters in this topic just want the game to favor Reaper more by reducing freeze kick out on cars who are already weak (Crimson Fury) or taking away the only real effective offense against a good Reaper player (DW, Outlaw and RK's lock on specials). I'm fine with fixing glitches (like CF flame going through walls) but most these cars complained about are actually the most balanced choices in the game as they are. Removing the lock on for their specials would make them useless (maybe that's what some people want).

Anyway, I think some more legit balancing would be as followed.

Shadow: His special is too powerful, either lower damage or blast radius.

JYD: Stat wise this guy is just too beast. Lower healing ability, longer freeze recovery and possibly lower speed/handling. Something needs to change with him. Most ranked DM games are often won by a JYD player regardless of skill values.

Talon: Someone else said it and I agree, just remove him from ranked play.

Sweet Tooth: Lower the damage or lock on of the mega guns while in flight, something. Possibly even x2 damage to ST's in bot mode or x3 turbo consumption.

Crimson Fury: He is too weak, I'd even say the weakest choice in the game. Maybe a little more health and improve specials. More damage for alt special, maybe better lock on for main special. Also some improved ram damage to improve his effective combo ability. Perhaps improve his energy regeneration rate too.

Vermin: Someone else said it and I agree, more health. His alt special, which should be the primary reason to use him, leaves him exposed. He needs good health to counter balance this weakness.

Everyone else seems fine as they are and fairly balanced. I don't use MW so not sure if the latest update is a serious nerf, but if most the community thinks so I agree. MW I've always considered one of the more balanced choices as is.

EDIT: Oh, I also agree about the Remote Bombs. These things are glitchy and their lock on is absurd considering the concept of the weapon. As for killsteaks they need to be tweeked as well. I'm all for rewarding players for a steak but as it is right now the bonuses are out of controll. Many of the already suggested fixes are a good idea.

I love JRPGs, but hate anime... Is that legal?
Message 51 of 235 (392 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
144 posts

Aug 11, 2012
I like you plat but it comes off as very biased when you actually say Jyd is hard to handle so don't nerf him to much but want to ruin shadow without even mentioning he's like 100xs more difficult to control than Jyd. I read gamefaqs all the time and your the first person I've ever saw go even close to that far with shadow nerfs. Your claiming to speak for the community and that's just not true. Its cool to have opinions but you can't pretend everyone is with you when there not.
Message 52 of 235 (381 Views)
0 Likes
Monster Hunter
37 posts

[ Edited ]
Aug 11, 2012

I think the difference between the "control" of vehicles is the turning speed.

The slower the turn speed, the more vulnerable you can be and the sooner you have to turn, to make the turn;

The faster the turn speed, the less vulnerable you can be and the more immediate you can turn, to make the turn.

edit: I would also like to note that switching from moving forward to reverse and vice-versa seems to go hand-in-hand with the "control" factor

Based on this logic, JYD is harder to control than Shadow, and in turn, makes him more prone to attacks. 

Besides you, who actually thinks Shadow is harder to control than Junkyard Dog?

Message 53 of 235 (367 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
586 posts

Aug 11, 2012
Disagree almost completely on CF - Having an even better lock on for his primary would be even more troublesome than it already is in nuke games. The vehicle is pretty much fine as it is, it's weak stats wise yes, but a good player can top the score board with it if he's attentive to what he's doing.

He's a light car, so having better ram damage is pointless, it's not like you're going to fight head on against every vehicle you encounter. A turbo ram+power missile combo with CF does 85+ damage, which is not too shabby.

Energy regen is the only thing that maybe could be considered IMO, then again that's up to SM to consider.
Message 54 of 235 (366 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
110 posts

Aug 11, 2012

For Shadow? Umm yes people do.

Message 55 of 235 (360 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
91 posts

Aug 11, 2012

Vad would you stop calling people out saying they need to learn the Mechanics of this game. You are not the official balance guy of this game, hey I highly Doubt Jaffe would listen to you much anyway considering what he thought about your no health idea.

You are wrong about shadow taking more Idiot Damage then what he gives out, it is exactly the same!!

Call me what you will, but I also have this Game and can also test things out just as you can.

O and Vad you also do not represent the entire communities wishes, nor do mine. Buts lets try and be civil and discuss what we feel need to balanced and not but down others for voicing their opinions. For their Opinions are just as valid as yours!!

Message 56 of 235 (359 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
823 posts

Aug 11, 2012

Crimson outside of Nuke sucks, It's hard to balance most of the cars because of that **bleep** nuke mode.

------------------------------------------
Add me up if you want to play.
------------------------------------------
Message 57 of 235 (350 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
616 posts

Aug 11, 2012

I said maybe on the improved lock on, I still don't think it's that much of a issue though either way. Much rather his alt be improved.

Any game with multiple choices someone comes along and says something like "if a player is good enough he can win with this". I find this a very poor argument simply because with enough of a gap in skill between players this will always be the case no matter how powerful the novice player's choice is and how weak the expert player's choice is.

I've played this game for a while now and I can't recall a single DM game where a Crimson Fury was at the top of the score board. Before you say it, yes I've played with many top players too. The only real complaint I hear about Crimson Fury is in Nuke and even though I don't often play nuke I've rarely seen it as a game breaking car even then.

I think there is an obvious reason why so few players, both with high and low skill use this car. It's next to useless in most cases. He is basicly a nerfed Kamikazi.

I love JRPGs, but hate anime... Is that legal?
Message 58 of 235 (347 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
586 posts

Aug 11, 2012
Crimson Fury's flamethrower is broken on nuke, I've done a lot of it and trust me it's a game changer, among other things. There's nothing to improve on him besides his energy regen and maybe his shockwave, which by the way can also be used to set up power missiles. He's the perfect hit and run vehicle, if you've got the right pick ups you can do real damage.

It's hard to win with CF yes, but it can be done. I've won DM's, TDM and hunted games with him, not to mention guy's like Andy that make this thing seem like a toy to use.
Message 59 of 235 (338 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
9 posts

Aug 11, 2012
I was on a team match alone versus another team & with the mw I earned the I h8 poacher trophy for still having the most damage.
Yvonne
Message 60 of 235 (343 Views)
0 Likes