First Son
6 posts

Re: Twisted Metal - patch update 8/9/12

Aug 11, 2012

@vadimony,

what if i add

Shadow

-Shadow Special regen time slower to 40 seconds
-2nd special Stage 1 charge coffin damage change to  (VERY IMPORTANT)
25   (far)    (nerfed from 30)
50 (close) (nerfed from 60)
70 (direct-hit non detonate) (still the same)

-Nuke Missile now "immune" to 2nd special coffin

-2nd special Stage 2 charge coffin damage change to (VERY IMPORTANT)
45   (far)    (nerfed from 60)
100 (close)   (nerfed from 120)
130 (when the enemy runs over the coffin) (still the same and people need to die if they are stupid)

Please use plain text.
Message 91 of 235 (465 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1803 posts

Aug 11, 2012

BLAST RADIUS is the only issue. He needs that damage output to fight. 

Vadimony Trophy Card
Please use plain text.
Message 92 of 235 (462 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
571 posts

Aug 11, 2012
@Murderdolls90 - I believe you asked who was Robinnio and also wondered about KK, here:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bMwkLu-e5wc&feature=g-user-u
Please use plain text.
Message 93 of 235 (458 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
296 posts

[ Edited ]
Aug 11, 2012

Right, by that logic a Sniper Rifle is a 1 hit kill by  pressing a button.  The weapon is balanced by it's use and by making it practical.

Why waste your time using 3 bombs on a Warthog, you can kill it in two it is a big slow vehicle.  Now the Crimson thing I can somewhat understand.  The remote bomb doesn't have a massive blast radius so getting it on a skilled Crimson is somewhat iffy.  You'll probably have to use a freeze too.

Depending on the method it isn't too hard to use, but you will miss the stick or waste two quite frequently.  That's damage lost.  The results can be good, but a good Reaper player would just use the flamesaw to do massive damage.   In team games, you just stick it on a teammate so it doesn't matter in that sense. 

Against skilled and knowledgeable players they'll simply stay away and spam homing weapons anyway.

The coffin bomb has waaay more blast range and the rat rocket is piloted from far away and gets full control and damage reduction.

And yes I meant sticking it on the actual carrier and blowing it up as soon as it launches.  That is cheaper and an exploited game changer on several maps.  It pretty much breaks nuke if someone chooses to do it.

You may have had a few Reapers use it from time to time (don't remember Tiphon being the best) but most agree it isn't worth it to try and rely to use.  You're better off using the saw.   One place it would be better is if you go into a group of people and manage to pull it off.  That's about it.  If a person is fighting you head on you don't have the time to set up a stick in the middle of a fight, you have to run off to do it.  Which means you'll take damage.  This is why you lose damage in the long run.  Flamesaws are better if people are on your tail.  Rpgs are more for groups or other reasons.

Sure the RPG had a few uses in the past, but it wasn't worth it compared to the flamesaw doing double damage.  The blast radius isn't big, the remote bomb is way easier to abuse for most players and setting it up in a trap isn't worth the time you could just flamesaw them anyways.

Flamesawing works in every map last time I checked, although some maps are more Reaper friendly than others.  Some maps are bumpy and have a lot of uneven terrain to make the RPG not worth using as much.  Maps like metro are nice and flat and lend themselves better to sticking, unless you're willing to waste multiple specials and a lot of time and damage.  Using a flamesaw takes a lot of skill, of course, but good players will pull it off frequently.  A sucky Reaper player isn't going to bother using RPG's when he can just use Shadow and fliers.

MW's primary alone gives Reaper headaches and problems closing in.  It's one of his worst nightmares. 

Reaper definitely isn't "safe" and reliable like fliers, he is very swingy.  Some games he does great, and in others he gets blown up.  You'd be more safe using Sweet Bot or something else far more reliable and cheap with almost 3x the health.

Didn't you make a room to teach people how to do it?

If it ever becomes a problem, then I could see possibly nerfing it.  But it has caused no real problems at all so I wouldn't worry about it.  The Nuke trick should be removed though IMO.  That actually cause problems.

I understand your perspective, don't get me wrong, and I agree with you 90% of the time.  In this case I just don't think it is a game changer on the level of homing mega guns or across the screen remote bombs.  Those are actual game breakers in practice, this is theoretical.

Please use plain text.
Message 94 of 235 (454 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3044 posts

Aug 11, 2012
The Grim and Preacher additions to Nuke are cool.

But really? Online trophies are still glitched? -_- Just auto-unlock them for everyone...

Bring MAG to PS4!
Please use plain text.
Message 95 of 235 (410 Views)
Uncharted Territory
1803 posts

Aug 11, 2012

How is it balanced if I one-shot a CF after 5 seconds and all I have to do is practical drive next to it..? With a sniper, you have to at least do something other than drive and then press two buttons. There's no balance if the only way a CF can win is to exploit and do damage through walls because fighting me in what ranged the CF is supposed is not possible as it gets one shot each attempt. Iffy? i got both Rob and Andy with it. Hardly Iffy. It's easy to get Crimsons with it. EASY. They have to attack you to deal damage with their specials. And Reaper can freeze + shield with one AA bar. So, it's not unpractical to do it. He gets his shield like the next ten seconds or something. 

You'd use three self-sticks because they're reliable. Aiming Flamesaws can be hard, the opponent can jump, and you'd have to have a windup and face the target. Those are all things your opponent can control and take advantage of to make you have a hard time. If you freeze, you're risking wasting AA, and having to actually deal with what counter your opponent takes to it. If you fail then, then you're losing your AA and special. With a RPG, you get near and you assure damage without anything in the way to stop it. Absorption shields don't work, as you're shielded. Shields can stop it, but you can see the opponent use it. They can't tell when you're doing it. All in all, the opponent can react to flamesaws, but they can't react to RPGs. Simple? Good, because you can even ram them and pass them to your opponent. 

Miss the stick? If you know what you're doing, you can stick them 100% of the time. If you're referring to the second method, then it is 100%. The first can miss because of bumps and terrain, or not enough speed/ runway to do the drift. The other method is a back step and reverse turbo wheelie, which takes like a single reverse wheelie push to do. Yes, a good Reaper player would use the flamesaws because to them they can do it. The bad/ exploiters that want to be cheap will use the RPG because they can't do it. And the damage isn't really lost. You're doing damage at less risk, which means you're not putting yourself in danger and having to take unnecessary damage. You can do the same or more damage and take far far less than you would with Flamesaws because of how safe it is and how easy you'll be able to remain on a Killstreak. In addition, versus packs, your Damage Done will likely go off the charts. In team games, you'd rather stick it on yourself so that remote bombs don't get stuck to you. 

I got BeeR with it. His response was to avoid me. Same goes to whoever is around. They run in fear. They shield carelessly and early. They start to turn timid and scared. Basically, they're weak and afraid of it. 

Piloted Rat Rocket can be shot down. The Blast Radius of the remote bomb needs to travel. It's not as fast as the RPG exploit is. Yes, I know the Coffin is more of a problem, but this is a problem too. 

You don't blow it up. It does it by itself. I don't think it is cheap. I just think it adds depth (defense) and forces people to score effectively and defend the launchers rather than run a lone CF and think that will suffice. IMO, if I see a CF trying this, I'm insulted and will shut that selfish punk up and force him to rely on team mates. And to make matters worse, I've become pretty **bleep** good at finding the best angles where my RPG has a clear shot towards the launcher. It's a good setup against people that don't want to play offense effectively. 

The Nuke guys I play with understand the depth and like the find. They thank me for finding this hidden gem of the mode. Otherwise, they're stuck using high speed vehicles for the heck of it. Personally, I think that's disgusting that you only try scoring a billion times and spam flamethrowers as "defense". 

If someone's fighting you head on, then simply take a shield and let them ram you while you shoot it. It'll stick on you because they rammed you. Or it'll stick to them. And Tiphon used the RPG since the beta. RPGs are better than flamesaws if someone is on your tail. The difficulty in doing a 180 degree turn and then shooting a saw off a drift is not easy. Let alone reliable since the opponent can weave or jump. The RPG will insure the damage is done unless the opponent shields. You can drive and drop it on the ground and lure the opponent to chase you. It'll do damage, but it won't be full damage. 

I used the RPG to hit targets above me. It did damage and I didn't have to go up into a trap. I used the RPG to defend a health point, so that I wouldn't have to have any pressure to make sure I end whatever comes my way. I can drop it and go. I used the RPG to blow up trains. I used the RPG to blow up obstacles. I used the RPG to block off pathways. I used the RPG guard my team's JYD. I used the RPG to blow off the health semi. All in all, I even used it like a shotgun against CFs and Reapers.

Blackrock - easy to stick. Hard to Flamesaw because of the rising walls and the fact that the distances are high. Self-sticking is easy to use provided you time it right. You can go through the walls and blow up. Sticking them isn't hard on that map.

Sunsprings - easy to do. Effective as well.

Daiblo Pass - easy to do. Effective. 

Watkyn's Harbor - easy to do. Effective. 

Metro - very easy and effective.

LA - easy and effective. 

Diesel - easy enough, if you're good at it, but can be the hardest one. 

All in all, try flamesawing in WH/ Diesel/ LA/ and some other maps. Compared to the RPG, this is much harder. 

So, as I said, it's a lot easier to use a can't miss attack than one that's hard to hit and has a delay. 

And I didn't make a room to teach people. 

Vadimony Trophy Card
Please use plain text.
Message 96 of 235 (384 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
823 posts

[ Edited ]
Aug 11, 2012

Arzharkhel wrote:
@Murderdolls90 - I believe you asked who was Robinnio and also wondered about KK, here:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bMwkLu-e5wc&feature=g-user-u

I already beat him and vad this morning a couple times, didn't know they were in a clan together. Robinnio seemed like he knew what he was doing, he plays a lot better than his other clan members.

What's KK?

------------------------------------------
Add me up if you want to play.
Please use plain text.
Message 97 of 235 (381 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1803 posts

[ Edited ]
Aug 11, 2012

We won the game. You tied the other one with us. 

And if you're talking about your score, then that's fine. You had the "top spot" but you lost. 

Vadimony Trophy Card
Please use plain text.
Message 98 of 235 (372 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
571 posts

Aug 11, 2012
Kamikaze, that's Robinnio's main, though he plays a lot of vehicles too.
Please use plain text.
Message 99 of 235 (367 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
823 posts

[ Edited ]
Aug 11, 2012

Vadimony wrote:

We won the game. You tied the other one with us. 

And if you're talking about your score, then that's fine. You had the "top spot" but you lost. 

Yeah you're definitely remembering that wrong, I won 2 in a row with you guys on the same team then Robinio jumped over to my team and we crushed everyone twice as hard.

Add me up if you want to play.
Please use plain text.
Message 100 of 235 (188 Views)
0 Likes