Reply
Lombax Warrior
Registered: 10/07/2011
Offline
91 posts
 

Re: Twisted Metal - patch update 8/9/12

Aug 10, 2012

To wreckastowe

 

Thank You, Thank You, Thank You

 

for posting and keep us TM players up todate about our lovely game...

 

You have no Idea how great it feels to realize that we haven't been abandoned like a red head step child.

 


Message 41 of 235 (334 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
Registered: 03/19/2009
Offline
308 posts
 

Re: Twisted Metal - patch update 8/9/12

Aug 10, 2012

BostonApu wrote:
To the guy who says idiot damage for MW would be better. All that does is require you have one shield before you shotgun it. You could argue there were bigger issues but saying it was a bad idea kinda makes you look like you may shotgun a few alts with MW on occasion. Just sayin


Nah, i just realize he's a sitting duck now.  Meatwagon is a slow hog, with teeth at both ends.  Nerf his Alt like this and now it's def way too far in the other direction.  There's really no use for it now unless you're sitting out the battle and trying to pick people from safe spots, and thats no fun. 

Go try it.  Vad loves it, but thats because he loves anything that gives Reaper an edge.  Isn't that apparent by now?

*shrug*

I just want each car to feel balanced and useful.  A change like this kind of removes Meatwagon from the game, just like how Vermin is more of a liability than an useable car. 

Message 42 of 235 (310 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Highlighted
Lombax Warrior
Registered: 03/17/2012
Offline
145 posts
 

Re: Twisted Metal - patch update 8/9/12

Aug 11, 2012
OK plat I really don't think that was a community agreed upon change list. Yes everyone thinks shadow needs nerfed but that's going way way to far. I spend a decent amount of time on all the forums and I dont recall ever seeing someone want to weaken shadow that much. I would put the communities most common/agreed upon for a shadow nerf as follows. Uncooked secondary direct hit should either remain at 70 or dropped to 60 at the most. Its much harder to direct hit someone with his secondary than to get a medium range hit with primary. Medium range for primary is 60. Making it less would make it useless. Where the change should be made to the uncooked secondary is a close hit should only result in 40-45. I've seen people say 50 as well. Its currently 60. Next his cooked secondary should result in 90-100 as oppose to its current damage of either 120-130. I'd leave the direct hit but I have saw others say to nerf it. Minor issue really cuz its rare to find anyone dumb enough to run straight into it. Also dropping the far damage on both cooked and uncooked by 5-10.

Second the community has surely never agreed that MW was ever under powered. I wouldn't say it was unanimous to nerf him but certainly more people are for some type of MW than are against it. His speed is his only weakness. He gets two awesome specials. One has the biggest biggest juggle effect in the game and the other does 90 damage and is not meant to be used as a shotgun. I applaud the developers for making this change.
Message 43 of 235 (300 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
First Son
Registered: 03/04/2012
Offline
16 posts
 

Re: Twisted Metal - patch update 8/9/12

Aug 11, 2012
Another thank you to wreckastowe for the interaction!

- from a sad MW mainer.
Message 44 of 235 (299 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
Registered: 01/21/2012
Offline
110 posts
 

Re: Twisted Metal - patch update 8/9/12

Aug 11, 2012

Sorry man, a lot of people did agree upon nerfing Shadow's coffin. GameFaqs is the place to be. Smiley Happy

Message 45 of 235 (296 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
Registered: 04/02/2011
Offline
1803 posts
 

Re: Twisted Metal - patch update 8/9/12

Aug 11, 2012

PlatinumPlayer3 wrote:

wreckastowe, thank you so much for announcing that you will be tuning! Here's the issues that much of the community, not just myself, has:

 

Shadow:

 

A car that fast and with that powerful special should not have 230 hps. We were wanting 210.

The primary special, dealing 60 damage close stage 1 and 70 damage direct hit stage 1 is overpowered. Users go right in your face and throw it. You have hardly any chance to shield, let alone dodge. A good nerf would be for close stage 1 = 30 and direct hit stage 1 = 40.

The splash damage range is too far. Please nerf to as much as one half.

 

JYD:

 

This vehicle is more debated by the community. On one hand you have the people who think that 260 hps and ram damage equal to DS/WH on a faster, smaller vehicle is op'd. On the other hand people disagree. It's not actually that fast or easy to handle at all. DS is just as fast I think.

The only thing that is mostly agreed upon is that its freeze tap-out rate is a little too quick. When JYD is a 12 tap out rate and MW, Axel and RB has 20, that's a problem. Kamikaze has 12! Nerfing to 20 sounds good.

Also there is a problem with taxi falling through the map. This is a big problem, it's the special weapon and it could be a Health Taxi. Is happens mostly when you rear fire drop them.

 

Remote Bombs:

 

One thing that is agreed upon is that once it gets a lock and you fire it, it's guaranteed to connect to the enemy. It will go through walls, obstacles etc. to get there. This is a major problem. Any weapon that can do 50 damage at any time in a minute interval needs to be difficult to land. You could do anything to this weapon from just making it not go through walls, obstacles etc. and keeping the lock range the same to making there be just about no lock at all, like a power missile.

 

Mega Guns for flyers:

 

This is something that needs to be changed. When you have a big vehicle like DS, try outrunning that lock. If you have a small vehicle, the Damage per second of them would destroy it. It's agreed upon that giving the Megas no X-Axis assist and just a slight or no Y-Axis assist.

 

Meat Wagon:

 

Changing the alt. special so once it explodes there is a delay until you return to driving wasn't a good idea. Change it back since MW was basically underpowered before the change. Just look at its speed.

 

Vermin:

 

For a vehicle to be this big and slow, its online hps should return to 205. Having DW's current armor, 180, is just too low.

 

Killstreak rewards:

 

Giving out Mega Guns for killstreaks is debated. They are very powerful in the right hands. Also, double weapons is felt to be given out too early, at 4. Energy and turbo is valuable as well, given out too early. Maybe you would want to move this from 2. Also, the mega gun and enery reward for flyers is op'd considering shielding and Mega Gun spam.

 

Talon

 

No matter what, Talon is op'd in the right hands. Please remove it from Ranked completely.

 

Any more changes I'll try to think.


Shadow:

Changing numbers will unbalance matchups as they stand. There is NO NEED to change numbers when you can simply fix what is actually broken with Shadow. For one, Shadow has a broken special. The base stats are off-set because of other reasons. You don't need to take away HP and speed because the car is completely different from the rest of the game. Different effects, handling, and everything else to do with it. And yes, it needs that armor because the idiot penalty is BIGGER than the amount of damage it can do with a quick fire of the special. He needs that armor to use that special anyway. Take that away and his special because useless with a lower blast radius. 

 

Like I said before, PP3, that numbers thing will simply force people to just camp and waste more time to deliver the same damage output as they do now. You want this sort of cheap gameplay to ruin the game? No. So please don't suggest messing up the balance and messing with things that have no reason to be fixed. As before stated, Shadow needs his core stats otherwise it loses matchups against other vehicles. It needs that damage done to survive in head to head fights and perform its purpose. It does NOT need that blast radius for either primary or secondary to remain powerful--the player would simply have to use more effort to hit something. Understandable? I think so. 

 

JYD:

The issue is that he's too well-rounded and too strong of a healer. Those issues can be fixed by making him lose his tap out rate and create equality amoung the heavy class cars. Gives him less strength. In order to bring his insane speed down, you'd have to work on making him waste turbo faster. This creates balance against other bigs because JYD can crush any of them simply ramming and using speed. 

 

Control and whatnot is pointless. JYD's a very simple and easy to use vehicle: hence, why so many people use him! Come off it. That's biased. He's overpowered. If you want to argue otherwise, then leave this conversation right now. 

 

Remote Bombs:

Simple fix is to remove the lock on completely. 

You can easily make due with self-sticking and using "tactics" with it by simply being creative. It has many functions, but SNIPING is not one of them. 

 

Mega Guns and Auto-Spam:

Both of them are overpowered. Roadkill shreds everything in its path now. It's absurd. Talons, Bots, and other auto-spam works the same. 

 

Meat Wagon:

Do the math: 270 damage with 3 specials. Takes only 60 damage, but only takes about 2 seconds to perform. 

You serious? Underpowered? That KILLS Juggernauts. KILLS! Underpowered? No. The fact of the matter is he's got a 100% hit special that staggers, so technically he's perfectly fine if the player learns to combo his primary to burn shields then freeze or shield and line up the death blow 90 damage attack. You're not supposed to use it like a Shotgun; it's mostly a finisher or a long range, free style attack. 

 

Vermin:

He can shield with his special. He's fine. He has an extended shield and he can auto-aim almost instantly while taking less damage and all that fun stuff. 

He's hardly weak and he's NOT in need of a HP boost, but maybe people may just learn that. 

 

You can't take out Talon and killstreaks-- you can only attempt to weaken Talon's advantages and hope that does the trick. I know it doesn't, but hopefully TLMS is bigger. 

Vadimony Trophy Card
Message 46 of 235 (286 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
Registered: 01/21/2012
Offline
110 posts
 

Re: Twisted Metal - patch update 8/9/12

[ Edited ]
Aug 11, 2012

Shadow is in need of the special HP loss, not keeping it the same and keeping his armor up because of that.

 

Meat Wagons alt. special isn't a guaranteed hit whatsoever. Plus, you trying staying alive with 210 HPs and the slowest speed in the game.

Message 47 of 235 (283 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
Registered: 04/02/2011
Offline
1803 posts
 

Re: Twisted Metal - patch update 8/9/12

Aug 11, 2012

jobjobplayrough wrote:

Vad while agree with most of your list their is some things I would disagree on.

 

The Homing functions on those vehicles do not need to be nerfed(ground vehicles). While they homing very good there are still many tactics that can be used to avoid them. Shields, moving to the sides of those vehicles to break the aim, turbo dashing behind them so they have to turn to keep it on you. Find cover, bouncing them in the air with a rick-o. Lots and Lots of tactics that can be used against them. Yes they can be very very affective but sometimes you act like its a gaurentee max damage every time you use thier specials, which is far from the case unless its against a noobie or AFK. Reducing the homings on them would just make talon that more powerfull because if any vehicle can dodge them it would be him.

 

Removing the Tracking on Remotes Bombs would be nice but the only real issue I would have against it is that it would just make one more Weapon that is utterly useless against an airbourne talon or sweet-bot. as of right know Power Missles, Napalms, ric-os, Gurneys, WH specials, Crimsons Specials, Kami Specials, All Drop Mines Specials, Reapers Specials, Most Ram Damage, Axels Specials, Shadows Specials,  Road Boats Magnet??(I haven't tried to Magnatize a Talon so not sure). While yes some can hit a talon it is three time harder to do damage to a Talon then it is to a groud vehicle. But yes at the very least it should not go threw a solid opject. Maybe they could severly limit the lock-on range for ground vehicles??

 

As for the Idioit Damge on Meat Wagon I say NO, simple because the Idoit totals are the same as the Blast Radius of a Gurney. Other vehicles that have "Idoit" Damage like Vermin, JYD's Death Taxi, Juggernaut, Roadkill, Darkside, Shadow, Drop Mines, Remote Bombs, Napalms, Ric-os don't do more damage to the user then they do to the opponent. Yes it doesn't say "Idoit" Damage on these vehciles or pickups but they all can do Self Damage. I think what they did with the Delay maybe enough but I guess we will have to wait and see.

 

a Yes, Yes, Yes to the Killstreak Bonus, for it is completely broken at the moment.

 

Turbo Dashing I think could be way overabused, 2 for Reaper, Kami, and Crimson would be ok, but with the others I think it is ok as of right know, Look I understand you want to make it so you can dodge. But 4 is crazy they could turbo dash almost the entire match with all the turbo pickups layin around. And Roadkill, Death Warrent and Axels would be used to cause more damage and give them almost the same ability to do Ram Damage as the Big Boys, and more then Meat Wagon, Outlaw, Vermin, Roadboat and Shadow.

 

Vad while we have had our disagreements I am in no way trying to say you are wrong with this post, I do like the majority of your tweaks, but just pointing out a few holes and issues that I have. I Realize you are a Reaper Player but your tweaks while may help reaper would also Unbalance other vehicles. Just my 2 cents.

 


1)  None of them work at all. You just don't seem to understand the range, the rapid fire and fire rate, and the instant damage and minor stagger. Everything you're saying is simply complementing that they are overpowered. The fact that you're saying, "run" means that you're clearly agreeing that crap is too powerful. Instant damage is unavoidable. You can only hide for so long and a team that uses 5 of these is undefeatable because the team that wants variety is screwed since they cannot compete with the amount of instant auto-aim 100% hit ratio damage that will come the moment they wish to leave their small camping spot. No tactic you listed prevents Roadkills from going 18-0 in games. NONE! Talon cannot DODGE STALKERS. TALON CANNOT DODGE TRIGUNS. TALON CANNOT DODGE AUTO-SPAM. What I'm asking for is to weaken it enough so that vehicles like CF, Reaper, KK, and other small vehicles can actually stand a chance. It shouldn't be too hard to understand: do a specials only game (not unlimited) and see what idiot fails to win using Roadkill and other auto-spam vehicles. 

 

2) Those weapons are fast. In addition, most of the things you've listed do harm Talon. In fact, a lot fo the things you've listed are quite capable of killing Talon. The issue is that the REMOTE BOMB is a long range SNIPER. Do you not understand how absurd it is to consistently horde a 50 damage 30 second regen pickup all game? Do the math and you'll see how a player can make due hording this and using only this to win and win big. It's simply stupid easy. And yes, this also means TALON cannot hit you with this. Which means Talon takes Stalkers and Swarms to the face and cannot potshot with remote bombs. It's actually more balanced than giving Talon an instant hit auto aim attack. 

 

3) Shadow does more damage to itself than it's opponent. And no. I like this change they have now. It's perfect. I don't need idiot penalty since this delay is much better. 

 

4) Honestly, some vehicles live off of Killstreaks.

 

5) Turbo Dashing is a complex situation. I only suggested this to give more players the ability to dodge. But honestly, it's not really needed. 

 

6) I want to undone the balances made, which means drop Reaper's RPG damage too. I don't think these will create problems, mostly because there were few problems back then with the broken vehicles of now. The ones that were overpowered back then still are OP'd now. Except thanks to patching, there's new guys that are stronger for no real reason. 

Vadimony Trophy Card
Message 48 of 235 (281 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
Registered: 04/02/2011
Offline
1803 posts
 

Re: Twisted Metal - patch update 8/9/12

Aug 11, 2012

TyrantII wrote:

BostonApu wrote:
To the guy who says idiot damage for MW would be better. All that does is require you have one shield before you shotgun it. You could argue there were bigger issues but saying it was a bad idea kinda makes you look like you may shotgun a few alts with MW on occasion. Just sayin


Nah, i just realize he's a sitting duck now.  Meatwagon is a slow hog, with teeth at both ends.  Nerf his Alt like this and now it's def way too far in the other direction.  There's really no use for it now unless you're sitting out the battle and trying to pick people from safe spots, and thats no fun. 

Go try it.  Vad loves it, but thats because he loves anything that gives Reaper an edge.  Isn't that apparent by now?

*shrug*

I just want each car to feel balanced and useful.  A change like this kind of removes Meatwagon from the game, just like how Vermin is more of a liability than an useable car. 



Vermin is not useless. 

 

Meat Wagon is not useless.

 

I would ask for you to learn the game's mechanics a lot better and realize your vehicle's capabilities better than you do now. There is NO reason why a MW can spam 270 damage onto Warthog in 3 seconds tops. Same applies to Juggernaut and any vehicle really. 

 

That's just ABSURD. The change now creates balance. 

 

And Vermin is strong. 

Vadimony Trophy Card
Message 49 of 235 (277 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
Registered: 04/02/2011
Offline
1803 posts
 

Re: Twisted Metal - patch update 8/9/12

Aug 11, 2012

Wrong. No one wants to do what you're claiming. It has ALWAYS been the BLAST RADIUS. 

Vadimony Trophy Card
Message 50 of 235 (354 Views)
Reply
0 Likes