Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Santa Monica Studios Developer
146 posts

Re: Twisted Metal - patch update 8/9/12

Aug 10, 2012

ESP and Jaffe have not gone away. They were heavily involved in the patch we just released.

Message 21 of 235 (540 Views)
0 Likes
146 posts

Aug 10, 2012

Thanks for being patient. Tuning will happen. It just takes time, as we need to make the tweaks, fully test them and iterate to ensure its all good.

Message 22 of 235 (540 Views)
0 Likes
146 posts

Aug 10, 2012

Please post as much detail as you can about issues you're having with trophy unlocks. 

Message 23 of 235 (539 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
1 posts

Aug 10, 2012

I think the major problem with the glitched trophies is a sync issue. After games you aren't awarded your kills or wins most of the time. The trophies that seem to have the most problems are:

- Point, Shoot, Kill  --  Kill 100 enemies with every missle during Ranked games.

- Any Car Will Do  --  Earn 50 kills with each vehicle in online Ranked games.

- Another Level  --  Win 10 Ranked games in each map. Map size does not matter.

- A la Mode  --  Win 10 Ranked games in each game type.

- All Sales Are Final  --  Win at least 1 Ranked online game per day for 30 straight days

I say it is probably a sync issue but people have been taking pictures of their stat screens where they clearly do have the requirements and still no trophies. So in reality who knows. I am someone who loves collecting trophies, I am not as crazy as some but since I truly love this game and poured countless hours into it I would like to get my platinum on it.

Those are the best details I can give you at this time, it is simple as far as what to tell you, I understand the fix may be VERY VERY complicated though. We trust that you all are working very hard on this as well as the balance issues in the game. It is a great product but just with a few online stat bugs...

Hope this helps, if you need further information let me know.

Thanks.

Message 24 of 235 (525 Views)
Splicer
74 posts

Aug 10, 2012
Remote Bomb issue is as follows.

If the remote bomb has locked onto a target (crosshairs turn red, which requires direct line of site) and the remote bomb is fired, it will travel through any solid object and hit the target with 100% accuracy. Meaning if someone gets a lock and fires the RB at you, it will hit you even if you drive around a corner or inside a building.

The homing seems to be fine, but the remote should stick to the first solid object it comes into contact with, instead of passing through solid objects to attach to the locked target. Solid objects being walls and structures, not just trees and explodable stuff.

Hope that helps. Thanks again for reaching out to the community.
Message 25 of 235 (516 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
308 posts

[ Edited ]
Aug 10, 2012

Bombstriker wrote:

I think the major problem with the glitched trophies is a sync issue. After games you aren't awarded your kills or wins most of the time. The trophies that seem to have the most problems are:

- Point, Shoot, Kill  --  Kill 100 enemies with every missile during Ranked games.

- Any Car Will Do  --  Earn 50 kills with each vehicle in online Ranked games.

- Another Level  --  Win 10 Ranked games in each map. Map size does not matter.

- A la Mode  --  Win 10 Ranked games in each game type.

- All Sales Are Final  --  Win at least 1 Ranked online game per day for 30 straight days

I say it is probably a sync issue but people have been taking pictures of their stat screens where they clearly do have the requirements and still no trophies. So in reality who knows. I am someone who loves collecting trophies, I am not as crazy as some but since I truly love this game and poured countless hours into it I would like to get my platinum on it.

Those are the best details I can give you at this time, it is simple as far as what to tell you, I understand the fix may be VERY VERY complicated though. We trust that you all are working very hard on this as well as the balance issues in the game. It is a great product but just with a few online stat bugs...

Hope this helps, if you need further information let me know.

Thanks.

Same here.

I have a few friends in the top 100 TM Leaderboards and they have 10X the number of kills per car and kills per weapons, yet they also do not have the trophy.  Something is happening via the PSN network or the stats server where the server / stats based trophies are not popping. 

As said, look here to see the issue.  All stat based trophies are being awarded under 1%:  http://www.yourgamercards.net/profile/TyrantII/trophies/1185  Only 50 out of 16,000 people there have the Platnium!!!!!

Typically games with under 1% completion for specific trophies designate a glitch.  Even the hardest skill based trophies / platinum in the entire PS3 library have higher completion rates!

Anyways, simply put I've killed 200 enemies per car and over 300 kills per weapon and the trophies have not popped. 

Also, can you talk about the decision behind why MeatWagons Alt use was changed?  The 2-4 second return now applied after use is overkill.  There's really no way to use his Alt now besides a very long range weapon, outside of battle... 

The change was too heavy handed IMO.  All he needed was ultra idiot damage applied so he couldn't kamakazi without taking a huge hit. 

Message 26 of 235 (511 Views)
Uncharted Territory
1803 posts

[ Edited ]
Aug 10, 2012

Recap:

Decrease Homing Functions for the following:

- Roadkill Primary and Secondary Special.

- Death Warrant Primary and Secondary Special.

- Outlaw's Pimary and Secondary Special.

- Talon's Primary Special. 

Decrease the rate at which a vehicle can tap out quickly for the following:

- Crimson Fury

- Junkyard Dog

Remove Tracking on these:

- Remote Bombs

- Talon's Mega Guns/ Machine Guns

- Sweet Bot's Mega Guns/ Machine Guns

Fix the following Glitches/ Exploits:

- Flamethrowers harming Nuke Missiles through solid objects

- Darkside Tri-gun glitch.

- Roadkill's Blood Missile glitch.

Vehicle Specific Changes:

- Increase Axel's Crush Damage modifiers to their original values (70-80-90-120)

- Increase the Idiot Damage Penalty that Meat Wagon takes when using the Alternate Special too close (From 10/20 damage to 30/60 damage :: far/ close = key)

- Decrease the blast radius of Shadow's Primary and Secondary Special by at least three-fourths as much. Which means make it sort of like Vermin's specials or Meat Wagon's special. It has to be significantly weaker. 

- Increase the rate of which Junkyard Dog burns his turbo.

- Increase Crimson Fury's ability to drop 4 super mines rather than two. Allow it to do a freeze + super mine with one energy bar. 

- Allow Warthog and Axel to perform two rear freezes like Reaper can with their AA attacks. 

- Decrease the effectiveness of Junkyard Dog healing by half. 

Pickup Changes:

- Increase the penetration of Napalm splash damage. 

- Increase the damage done with the Bullseye to 45 or 50.

- Increase the Bounce Bonus of a Ricochet to 55 or 60 damage done.

There are people that are asking for changes to kill-streak bonuses, and if you choose to do so, then simply change them to follow this format: 

1 kill = zero bonuses

2 kills = AA and Energy Refill

3 kills = Award Mega Guns (no bonuses other than this)

4 kills = Award double weapons (no bonuses other than this)

5 kills = Award Red Mega Guns (no bonuses other than this)

6 kills = AA and Energy Refill

7 kills = Restock Mega Guns

8 kills = Award Double Weapons

9 kills = Restock Red Mega Guns

Continue this pattern over and over again. 

Another possiblity is the Turbo Dash. If possible, could you create this scheme:

- Reaper can use 4 Turbo Dashes with one full turbo meter.

- Crimson Fury and Kamikaze can use 3 Turbo Dashes with one full turbo meter. 

- Death Warrant, Roadkill, and Axel can use 2 Turbo Dashes with one full turbo meter. 

- The rest of the vehicles have the same usage rate as it currently exists. 

This will allow smaller vehicles to dodge better, and gives them more offensive abilities. 

These changes could make this game a helluva lot better for everyone. Please consider them. Thanks. 

It is taken from my post here: http://community.us.playstation.com/t5/Twisted-Metal-Series-General/Balance-Tweaks-Suggestions/m-p/3...

Feel free to read it if you want to know why each thing exists and what not. 

I could summarize even more indepth if you want. 

Vadimony Trophy Card
Message 27 of 235 (505 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1803 posts

[ Edited ]
Aug 10, 2012

About the remote bomb, please simply remove the "auto-aim" component and force people to manually aim them. 

There are plenty of uses for Remotes at the moment. Therefore, we don't need a powerful skill weapon to auto-aim from any range at all. 

Eliminate that and force players to aim and such. 

This weapon can alone create obvious balance issues with the fact that it cannot miss regardless of what you do. Making it a weapon that requires aiming will do two things:

- Create balance to vehicles that would have difficulty fighting against higher armored vehicles that simply use this weapon as their offensive attack. 

- Force players to use these much more effectively and skillful. It would eliminate spam tactics where players only rely on this one weapon. 

Such a fix will create a better online feel where "cheap" tactics won't be as powerful as they are. 

--------------------------------------------

Something About Force Booting:

Also there is an issue when the game freezes, rather than remain frozen, it sends you off the game and back to the XMB menu. I've had this happen to me twice. I don't quite know what is causing it, but the surprising thing is that it happens when I'm simply playing the game. I usually use Reaper, and Warthog, so I don't see anything special at all that this would happen because of my play. 

I can't tell you why it happens, but it is booted people off the game and back to the lobby now rather than freezing up the PS3. 

Vadimony Trophy Card
Message 28 of 235 (500 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
144 posts

Aug 10, 2012
Peoples issue with Shadow is mostly the size of the blast radius for the salt special. On smaller maps it can be nearly impossible to avoid. Also you can use it as a napalm on any crowd and not only get 70 for direct hit but 60 for anything considered close. Which with his blast radius can be the entire crowd. I'm guessing most people would like you to make the blast smaller but would even accept a tweak to the numbers, (ie lowering close damage from 60 to ? )

The complaints are slightly more complex with Jyd. I think most would agree his healing needs to be toned down a bit. The other almost unanimous thing is that if you combine his speed, ramming, freeze break, and turbo consumption it just makes him a bit to strong. Especially in DM where he gets the death taxi. He breaks freeze at the speed of much faster cars. I'm sure they did this to make him unique but its just to much for most. My opinion is just to reduce freeze break and nerf his healing and he should be good.

Also if the 3x damage to juggs can be fixed that would nice. Jaffe did say that when they dropped his health from 700 to 550 that would be temporary just until the next patch came out to fix that. Juggs should take 3x damage if anything hits his backside while the doors are open.

Thanks again for posting info. That's really all everyone wants.
Message 29 of 235 (494 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
144 posts

Aug 10, 2012
What took so long Vad?
Message 30 of 235 (488 Views)
0 Likes