Aug 24 2012
By: Lord_Tony_Z Uncharted Territory 1851 posts

This laser pistol is awesome.

23 replies 248 views Edited Aug 24, 2012

I don't know what people are complaining about but I did over 50 damage to one person in a matter of seconds with the laser pistol. I never was able to get more than 4 shots on a person with the magnum. This is my new favorite sidearm.

Message 1 of 24 (248 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1803 posts

Re: This laser pistol is awesome.

Aug 24, 2012

Ha ha. 

Good joke. Everyone who became pro uses the rockets anyway. This pistol thing is useless. 

Vadimony Trophy Card
Message 2 of 24 (243 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1851 posts

[ Edited ]
Aug 24, 2012

Vadimony wrote:

Ha ha. 

Good joke. Everyone who became pro uses the rockets anyway. This pistol thing is useless. 

Rockets are horrible, they only deal 15 damage if you get every hit and it takes a long time to load. It's okay good for one quick hit.

The laser pistol is faster, if you're good with it you should get an average of 12 damage per couple seconds. The laser pistol is much faster than the revolver. It's faster in reloading and shooting, the revolver is like 3 seconds per shot and reloading is like 10 seconds or more, you won't be doing any damage if you are reloading.

The laser pistol does beat the mounted guns, smg and shotgun. I would say it's about on par with the missile launcher and it's much more reliable and faster than the revolver. At least the laser pistol has slight homing, the revolver has almost no homing. Also the time it takes to reload for the missile launcher is about the same time it takes to fully charge for a 25 damage shot.

Message 3 of 24 (240 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1803 posts

Aug 24, 2012

Didn't seem to help you much at all. 

Vadimony Trophy Card
Message 4 of 24 (228 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1851 posts

Aug 24, 2012

Vadimony wrote:

Didn't seem to help you much at all. 

Are you talking about the numerous unbalanced teams I've been having in a row?

I did fine with it in Deathmatch though.

Message 5 of 24 (216 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
144 posts

Aug 24, 2012
Unless they changed it recently, its possible I'll check later, the first post is bs unless your hitting Warthogs double damage. It does max 25 damage after being fully charged but needs to cool after for a couple seconds. You can rapid fire it but it only does 1-2 damage per shot. Either your exaggerating or it has recently been changed. I'm guessing its you but ill humor myself and double check.
Message 6 of 24 (194 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1803 posts

Aug 24, 2012

It didn't help you get second to last, and last place on your team while you were using it... Unbalanced teams, you say? Ummmm.... Nothing seemed to be bad except the fact that you simply lost. 

Vadimony Trophy Card
Message 7 of 24 (189 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
4 posts

Aug 25, 2012
Rockets may not do much damage, but they are the best sidearm to have incase you run into annoying reapers or fast vehicles zig zagging around that you wouldn't otherwise hit as easily. They typically have weaker health so that 15 damage on them is useful. It's not like your magnum or laser is gonna make much difference on a sweet tooth or shadow anyway and good luck hitting a talon with non-homing weapons. May as have a tool in your arsenal to aid you in taking out pesky reapers, talons and other small fast vehicles.

I agree with Vadimony that experts do have the knowledge to choose rockets. It's not based on power, but accuracy.
Message 8 of 24 (177 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1803 posts

Aug 25, 2012

It's also got other uses:

- You can fire them at an angle that allows you to not directly face an opponent.

- They travel over and around surfaces to reach enemies at lower/ higher planes. 

- They track far and have good range.

- They can inflict "sap damage" to anyone they pass as they head towards their intended target. 

So that 15 damage can be "30" damage if you hit it through two enemies. 

But my personal use is to use it to detect my enemies when they are hiding as the rockets tend to automatically find the closest target. 

Vadimony Trophy Card
Message 9 of 24 (162 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
144 posts

Aug 25, 2012
Yeah the only use I ever found for the laser is with Reaper. Its nice to get that extra 25 but its just to much risk. You get accustom to charging it then you get megas and before you realize it you unfreeze someone before your saw connects.
Message 10 of 24 (154 Views)
0 Likes