Mar 09 2012
By: x-cult Wastelander 797 posts

This game's online is a friggin' travesty.

6 replies 14 views Edited Mar 9, 2012

All I want to do is play a few games online and level up. However

1. it takes about 3-5 minutes to find a game that doesn't immediately say there's a network problem.
  2. I have to cross my fingers that enough players join to actually play
  3. I have to keep my other fingers crossed that the host isn't asleep
  4. And if by some miricle I actually get into a match, I have to pray that I don't get booted out.
  5. Also, I have to worry about the game freezing as well. (I've had 10-15 straight system lockups since buying the game)
  6. If all the planets are aligned I'll get past all these issues, and then I have to worry about people flying around in Talon picking off easy kills
  7. Or the juggernaut.
Message 1 of 7 (14 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
81 posts

Re: This game's online is a friggin' travesty.

Mar 9, 2012

Jesus Christ...for the love of GOD! Can everyone stop b!tch!ng and moaning about the online? Yeah, you payed 60 bucks and you should get what you payed for, but i don't know why people don't expect for these type of things to happen! Maybe i'm just used to these types of launches and some people aren't. Either way, Fuck off.

Message 2 of 7 (14 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
373 posts

Mar 9, 2012

ive said this exact same thing in all my other posts im just as ticked off as you this is exactly how i feel about it. just let people complain about it they have every right to, people complaining gets things done. when people stop complaining thats when the company thinks its ok to just give up and let it go away. i think more people should bombard the forum like this. im 5 trophies away from platinum. once i get those trophies ill never play this game again. what saddens me is im going to walk away from this game as it being a nightmare and horrible experience and when the next one comes back my opinion is always going to be a horrible one because if they ever patch this game by the time they do ill already be done playing it and ill never of been able to enjoy what i paid for. a broke game being out for almost exactly a month is very very unacceptable. thats like if you paid for your kids to go to school but for a whole month the teacher doesnt show and your kids go everyday but aint learning anything after you paid for there education and the school tries to throw a sub teacher in but they dont do anything but stand there all day lol

Message 3 of 7 (14 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
143 posts

Mar 9, 2012

Uh, no. Travesties work, this thing doesn't.

Message 4 of 7 (14 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
143 posts

Mar 9, 2012

x-cult wrote:

All I want to do is play a few games online and level up. However

1. it takes about 30-50* minutes to find a game that doesn't immediately say there's a network problem.
  2. I have to cross my fingers that enough players join to actually play
  3. I have to keep my other fingers crossed that the host isn't asleep
  4. And if by some miracle I actually get into a match, I have to pray that I don't get booted out.

*Fixed Number 1 to reflect my own experience.

I haven't had the privilege of playing online that much to experience points 5 through 7.

I now wonder if it's best not to be able to connect at all.

Message 5 of 7 (14 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
25 posts

Mar 9, 2012

Wow you're use to games not working when you buy them? lol you're a ****** idiot. Dreamcast online games ran better than this garbage. Next week it's going to be 1 whole month and the mulitplayer still doesn't seem to work right? People are pissed off they want to play this game now not 2 months later... If you're so sick of seeing topics of online is broke blah blah then don't click on the topic?? Like I said you must be a ******* idiot.

BiOHAZARD_901 Trophy Card
Message 6 of 7 (14 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
1 posts

Mar 9, 2012

I actually waited a week to purchase the game thinking that would weed out the folks that would lose interest and help with the server lag that always accompanies a new launch. I was so excited about this game since I have been playing it since the first TW. I have to say when youcan play, combat is great until you are in a map and doing well and all of a sudden.... BAM!... DC'ed. WTF IS THAT???

Message 7 of 7 (14 Views)
0 Likes