Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
I Only Post Everything
1160 posts

Re: Role Call- Is Twisted Metal causing your PS3 to turn off/crash? It is for me.

Feb 24, 2012

That's cool. Its at least trying to run a little better.

The getting kicked from a game online thing is an issue Jaffe is aware of and may(should) be fixed with the patch coming out in the next day or so.

Its something that's happening to everyone. You will be able to play one or two games, then get booted for a connectivity error. Happens to me all the time, even with a solid connection.

My old PS3 actually burnt out on me a while back. I don't know if the newer ones are just built better or because they have a smaller processor, they just don't get as hot. Sucks, man.

PS3 (CHECHA01) R.I.P.: 06/03/09PlayStation Plus
   Game-tape currently being solved: GuacameleePS3
Please use plain text.
Message 11 of 42 (338 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
53 posts

Re: Role Call- Is Twisted Metal causing your PS3 to turn off/crash? It is for me.

Feb 24, 2012

I'm having an issue too. Usually when I hit the PS Home button and select "Quit Game" it freezes my system and it reboots.

I'm on an original 60GB model that has no issues with other games. My fan does run REALLY loud when playing Twisted Metal. Is there a way to force 720p within the game? I watch a lot of Blu-ray, and play other games in 1080p that work fine, and don't want to have to keep toggling my system settings back and forth. Not to mention others in the house use my PS3 that I wouldn't trust to change the settings.

Does rebuilding the database also reset factory settings? I remember holding down the button to do that before. Just a pain because I have a lot of things to set up if they get cleared.

I haven't had it turn off or get glitchy mid-game, but then I havent played for more than 2 hours in a sitting since I've gotten it.

Beta caused the same issue, though wrote it off as a Beta bug then.

Please use plain text.
Message 12 of 42 (338 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
6 posts

Feb 24, 2012

I have a 120 Gig slim and i've had to hard reset my PS3 4 times while playing.  Twice last night alone I had to shut it down, both times the system froze up while loading a Ranked MP TDM game.  I've put roughly 11 hours into the MP with 4 hard resets. 

Its not even close to being as bad as Skyrim, but I expected more out of a PS3 exclusive.. 

Please use plain text.
Message 13 of 42 (338 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
18 posts

Feb 24, 2012

Rebuilding the database doesn't delete any of your game data, saves, or any other data on your PS3.  Really the only thing I noticed it deleted were my music playlists.

Unfortunately I don't know of any setting within the game that will force JUST TM to run in 720p.

Please use plain text.
Message 14 of 42 (338 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
849 posts

Feb 24, 2012

Another Godd reason why i ddint purchase this game....

Please use plain text.
Message 15 of 42 (338 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
333 posts

Feb 24, 2012

I have a launch 60g fat and have had no problems. But my console probably has less wear and tear since I primarily use it as a bluray player in the home theater. Only game up until Twisted Metal came out that I logged alot of hours with was Warhawk.

Please use plain text.
Message 16 of 42 (338 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
3 posts

Feb 27, 2012

I have had the game since it was released and have only gotten as far as the menu screen before the system shuts off.  I have never been able to play it.

Please use plain text.
Message 17 of 42 (338 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
32 posts

Feb 28, 2012

Sadly, I am counted amongst the many that this issue seems to plague.

I own a 60GB Backward Compatible model, that I have upgraded the HDD for. Every other game (Uncharted 3, Soul Calibur V, Fallout NV, and many others I own for the PS3) run fine, it is only Twisted Metal that I cannot run. The issue plagues me in both SP, as well as MP.

Has anyone with a PS3 similar to mine tried the visual downgrade? I am curious to see if this works, and will likely try it later.

Make it idiot-proof, and someone will make a better idiot!
Please use plain text.
Message 18 of 42 (338 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1432 posts

Feb 28, 2012

I really wish they would focus more on this. I know it's a more common problem for people not always getting to play online, but come on, what about us who can't play it AT ALL? This is my favorite franchise of all time, and I can't play it? This sucks.

Please use plain text.
Message 19 of 42 (338 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
32 posts

Feb 29, 2012

Sorry for the late response, still nothing. Tried visual switch, and failed.

Make it idiot-proof, and someone will make a better idiot!
Please use plain text.
Message 20 of 42 (338 Views)
0 Likes