Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Oct 29 2012
By: Archminion Lombax Warrior 148 posts

Possible Final Tweaking Session (thoughts for David Jaffe)

57 replies 364 views Edited Oct 29, 2012

"TWISTED METAL TWEAK UPDATES:

Going to try to make today and/or tomorrow day of final tweaks. Had a few questions:

A- New homing on the FIRE MISSILE- keep or kill? And we won't up the damage as there are too many fire missiles around to do that.

B- Lower homing on HOMING MISSILES?

C- Will check into homing of SUV special but I do not think it's adjustable.

D- Is it correct that pretty much EVERYONE wants GURNEY (MeatWagon special) homing and/or speed toned down? If so, would you tone down speed or homing? And by how much?

E- Any more desired changes to Junk Yard Dog?

F- Will check if we can adjust side arms. I've seen the requests to adjust a few of those but not sure we can do it. If we can, I'll tweet a separate note about that. 

Anything else- tweak wise, not patch/new code wise- that we are missing before we lock it up for good?

Thanks ya'll!

David"

Please use plain text.
Message 1 of 58 (364 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
438 posts

Re: Possible Final Tweaking Session (thoughts for David Jaffe)

Oct 29, 2012
Please please tone down the homing of the Gurnee. You can't dodge it without getting something between you and the gurnee.

Other than that, everything is fine.
Please use plain text.
Message 2 of 58 (358 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
144 posts

Oct 29, 2012
1. Leave fire missile alone. Thanks

2.Yes lower homing but please allow final change if its real bad.

3. Yes if possible

4. I'd do both a little but again please allow for possible final tweak if its bad

5. Limit Ranked Team Games to one JYD health taxi player per team. You could still have multiple JYD but the others would be DM JYD. If possible

6. The idea here is if there's any way to make other side arms more useful do it. Don't lower the damage for the rockets but there's tons of ways to make the rest an actual option. Higher damage, quicker reload, homing??? You can't screw it up unless you make something way way to strong.

Thank you and I'm sorry for bashing you.
Please use plain text.
Message 3 of 58 (355 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
13 posts

Oct 29, 2012

Change Meat Wagon back to normal I hate the tweaks for this vehicle, it's my favorite and now I cant use it, The secondary special takes too long to get back to vehicle once exploded... 

please change that, lower the time required..

Please use plain text.
Message 4 of 58 (342 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
10 posts

Oct 29, 2012

-fix warthog and axel his crush against heavy cars from the front.. fix warthog his capability of changing between specials faster..

-dont nerf JYD the longer being frozen is enough..if you do wanna nerf him get rid of health taxis

-Nerf meatwagon his special going way slower

-keep napalm and fire missiles stay this way

-Nerf homing missiles with less homing

Please use plain text.
Message 5 of 58 (333 Views)
0 Likes
Monster Hunter
42 posts

[ Edited ]
Oct 30, 2012

A. Homing seems fine maybe up homing slightly

B. Homing missiles are fine as is

C. outlaws's special? seems fine to me

D. Do not nerf meatwagon anymore!!! gurney has homing but a slow build up of speed. Shield,turn a corner, or flat out shoot the gurney to avoid, his special only does 40 which is a good trade off for the homing, ya'll are focusing on the wrong vehicles, JYD is still overpowerd not MW?? Shadows still own why are ya'll looking at MW?

E. Lower his ram damage and health a little, he still dominates brawls

F. Side arms seem fine

Please use plain text.
Message 6 of 58 (321 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
580 posts

Oct 30, 2012
The reasoning behind nerfing homing properties is to give smaller vehicles a fighting chance against the bigger one's.

1. Fires tweak is great.

2. Nerf the tracking on the homings just a little bit, so vehicles like CF and KK are able to dodge them with some effort.

3. If it can be tweak fine by me; however, Outlaw's alternate can be avoided by driving backwards and forwards on your opponent.

4. Tone down the homing just enough so that the person using it has to think before shooting that thing. As it is right now MW's special is one of the most braindead in the game. The only way to avoid one these by running away until it dies or timing a jump just right.

5. JYD is fine now, no need to work him anymore.

6. Don't really care about the sidearms.
Please use plain text.
Message 7 of 58 (315 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
144 posts

Oct 30, 2012
I wonder if eastcoastghost mains MW. Please don't nerf my special it only does 40 damage. Just ignore that it flips the opponent and is nearly impossible to avoid.
Please use plain text.
Message 8 of 58 (306 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
296 posts

Oct 30, 2012
1: Fire missiles are fine, leave them as they are now. No tweaks in damage or anything.
2: Yes, nerf the dodging on homing missiles to have strong homing but to give people a chance to dodge so they can't be spammed.
3: Yes, please nerf the homing on MW, and Verimin's primary if at all possible.
4: JYD seems overall fine, I still think his turbo is too high and his healing might still be too strong, don't want it too low though.
5. Buff the magnum and laser a LITTLE, everything else is fine. Maybe the submachine gun though that seems different. Maybe give the laser a shorter recharge rate or something.
6. Just a tweak on undodgeables or hard to dodge weapons mostly. The game is a lot better and nothing really needs a buff IMO.
Please use plain text.
Message 9 of 58 (295 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
171 posts

[ Edited ]
Oct 31, 2012

I feel Sweet Tooths first special does too much damage. Any attack that can go through walls shouldn't be able to rival or outdo other attacks in terms of damage.

For instance, people complain about Vermins special doing 30 damage with strong homing capabilities, but Sweet Tooths can't be avoided simply by moving behind an object, and it's tracking is also quite good, yet it does 10 damage points more than Vermins Rat Rocket? That weapon is way too easy to poach or camp with.

Another thing to keep in mind is that, Sweet Tooths ability to hide in areas unaccessable to other vehicles, goes hand-in-hand with it's cheap go-through-walls special.

I would suggest lowering it to 25 damage points, or perhaps even 20. 40 is too much.

Please use plain text.
Message 10 of 58 (287 Views)
0 Likes