Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Oct 01 2012
By: Toastcat33 First Son 3 posts

Is the game hard for someone who has never played twisted metal before?

7 replies 166 views Edited Oct 1, 2012

I saw a LOT about this game on release, and watched theradbrads walkthrough. This game looks amazing. I have never played the series before (sadly, it looks amazing) and I was wondering if it was hard to get into for a first timer? It looks REALLY intense  and i'm not sure if i'd be good at it.

Thoughts? I'd hate to buy this game just to never touch it again because I was bad at it

Message 1 of 8 (166 Views)
0 Likes
Monster Hunter
39 posts

Re: Is the game hard for someone who has never played twisted metal before?

Oct 1, 2012

Story mode is fairly easy, but you'll find yourself getting frustrated on some of the levels. Nothing bad, just levels that test different skills.

As far as the online gaming goes, the players out there are pretty amazing. I'm really bad at this game and get my butt handed to me almost every match, but I absolutely love it. Freakin' intense, fast, and nothing else like it.

Go out and buy the game right now.

Message 2 of 8 (143 Views)
I Only Post Everything
1335 posts

Oct 1, 2012
No they went bad to the old control scheme from 1995 so its easy to control I got the game last week its very good I agree the single player is a little short I haven't tryed online yet I well tho in a couple days I say get it.and then get twisted metal 2 from the ps1 classics on psn
Message 3 of 8 (132 Views)
Wastelander
586 posts

Oct 2, 2012
It's fairly simple to learn. What will take some time however is getting the full grasp of the gameplay in order to do good online.

As far as the community goes a good part of the player base are veterans or pro's at the game, so be prepared to be owned a little bit. It only takes practice, no need to get frustrated over it.
Message 4 of 8 (121 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
149 posts

Oct 2, 2012

Twisted metal has a training mode...which I needed and I have played every twisted metal! The game has MANY settings but try 1vs1 then 1vs1 endurance or even 2 player! This game will keep you,family or friends busy for years to come! Work at your own pase or it will get you frustrated. Be patient with controls as well,they can be overwhelming cause of the vast possibilities of combat combos! I don't buy $60. games unless its Twisted metal! Me and my 7year old step son beat this game on twisted which is the hardest setting! At least rent it BUTT in my opinion..I give it an 11!

Message 5 of 8 (119 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
148 posts

Oct 2, 2012

I think you ARE your 7 year old step-son...

Message 6 of 8 (111 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
48 posts

Oct 2, 2012
... Um, well anyways, disregarding the seven year old.. and the OTHER 7 year old....

This game is great, and will be a challenge online as any new game is for a user. However, play and practice, don't ever give up on yourself. If you dedicate yourself to getting better, you will and you'll find your place in the community. I consider myself a second-tier player, right underneath the immortal "pros and veterans" if you will.
Message 7 of 8 (99 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
531 posts

Oct 2, 2012
Alot of people/reviewers will tell you its hard but that all bull. The games preatty easy to get into. Its way easyer to get into with friends so tell your friends about it. Also training mode is the best place to start
Go to
http://www.groubal.com/twisted-metal-dlc-from-eat-sleep-play-and-sony/
SIGN IT FOR TWISTED METAL DLC

also go to WWW.TWISTEDCLANS.TK
Message 8 of 8 (90 Views)
0 Likes