Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Nov 10 2009
By: home_grown7 First Son 20 posts

How come there's no more Twisted Metal?

17 replies 7 views Edited Nov 10, 2009
I loved the twisted metal series, i wouldn't mind seeing a ps3 version. 
Message 1 of 18 (7 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
453 posts

Re: How come there's no more Twisted Metal?

Nov 10, 2009
because of mw2 lol jk
-Playstation 3 Slim 120GB
-DualShock 3 Black & Blue Controllers
-Turtle Beaches P21
-Official Bluetooth Mic
-GT Driving Force
-MW2,CoD4,WaW,BC2,LBP.
Message 2 of 18 (7 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
478 posts

Nov 10, 2009

home_grown7 wrote:
I loved the twisted metal series, i wouldn't mind seeing a ps3 version. 

I was wondering the same thing man. Where is the NEW Twisted Metal!!! lol xD

Message Edited by OrganicTissue777 on 11-09-2009 08:42 PM
If you believe in Jesus Christ and are 100% proud of it, put this in your sig.
PS4 launch Owner!
Message 3 of 18 (7 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1463 posts

Nov 10, 2009
 rumoured to be in development at jaffe's new studio
Message 4 of 18 (7 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
95 posts

Nov 10, 2009
i hope it's on its way. recent outings have been pretty lack luster, but they could do a lot with the series.
Message 5 of 18 (7 Views)
0 Likes
Monster Hunter
35 posts

Nov 25, 2009

Twisted Metal 4 is my all-time favorite.  But I guess the reason things got out of hand with the series is perhaps because of contracts to be signed or companies shutting down?  989 Studios revolutionized Twisted Metal series starting with part III during the PSone era, but that company either got bought by another or killed themselves.  No matter how it's put, I would like to see a Twisted Metal game hit the PS3 fast and hard!

Reverse engineering is a pain in the rear.
Message 6 of 18 (7 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
454 posts

Nov 25, 2009

p0rtal0frain wrote:

Twisted Metal 4 is my all-time favorite.  But I guess the reason things got out of hand with the series is perhaps because of contracts to be signed or companies shutting down?  989 Studios revolutionized Twisted Metal series starting with part III during the PSone era, but that company either got bought by another or killed themselves.  No matter how it's put, I would like to see a Twisted Metal game hit the PS3 fast and hard!

Sorry to give you a hard time but, from my point of view, 989 Studios nearly killed the series.

Message 7 of 18 (7 Views)
Monster Hunter
35 posts

Nov 25, 2009
I thought they did okay as much as I played III and 4.  But if 989 nearly murdered the series, in what ways did they do so?

Reverse engineering is a pain in the rear.
Message 8 of 18 (7 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
454 posts

Nov 26, 2009
They nearly murdered the series by making an inferior product, not just from my point of view, but many others also feel this way.  There was even an old site made by people who despised the 989 TM games - tmalliance.com.  The original Twisted Metal developed by Singletrac along with David Jaffe won game of the year from Electronic Gaming Monthly along with excellent reviews from others in the gaming media and sold 1.08 million copies.  It was Twisted Metal 2 developed by Singletrac and Jaffe that was the title that revolutionized the series with advanced attacks, destructable landmarks, improved graphics and tight gameplay as well as receiving many accolades and it went on to sell the most of any of the TM titles at 1.74 million.  989 Studio's TM III then implemented more realistic car physics and gameplay that many argued did not fit the series.  It was nearly universally hated by critics and fans yet sold a decent amount just by name alone, 1.14 million copies.  989's TM4 improved somewhat but got lukewarm reviews and sold half a million copies or so.  When the original developers, Jaffe along with Incognito, comprised from all the key figures who made the first two games, made Twisted Metal: Black the reception was not as strong as it could have been from my point of view.  Despite being arguably second only to TM2 in quality Black sold only 1.12 million instead of selling numbers closer to TM2's numbers.  To me 989 soiled the reputation of the series.
Message 9 of 18 (7 Views)
Uncharted Territory
1413 posts

Nov 27, 2009
I liked Black the most, but I felt it did have its limitations, even when it first came out (and not compared to PS3). It would've been cool if they had a "1st person view" mode and also maybe made your car feel bigger. For PS3, I hope there's a way to steer with the motion-sensing controller and also I hope they realy emphasize Co-Op and playing 4 vs 4 or 8 vs 8 online. I think it'd be sick if they made it with the Unreal Engine and focused on intense environment as well as kick-ass weaponry
slant six=worthless trash company. Please Sony, make a good SOCOM 4, like a truly next-gen SOCOM 4 with great gameplay, tons of levels, weapons, great graphics, and excellent online setup
Message 10 of 18 (7 Views)
0 Likes