Fender Bender
4186 posts

Re: David Sears working on new Rainbow Six game (link inside)

Nov 4, 2011

STYLIE77 wrote:

TBH I had a great time playing both of the Rainbow Six Vegas titles.

Biggest problem they had was lack of dedicated servers (laggy rooms since one player was the host)

And the gamebreaking problem was the Developers decision to make some really large maps that 70% of the map was not used due to poor placement of the spawns.

Basically, one side was usually weak to being spawncamped due to maps not being symmetrical (same layout on both sides).

Now there was an option for people to use one playstation as the host, which freed up the lag issue but meant the host either didn't play, or would need another playstation to play.

Lot's of nice people would set their PS3 up as a host, and go to bed.

Bad side was, griefers and cheaters could only be kicked from the room by the host... so... if he was in bed...

Either way I did like most of the map designs, just them putting the spawn points way to close together on many maps for a more "visceral" experience really just led to most of the map being wasted and a crap ton of spawn camping since it took no time to get to the other spawn.

I hope they took all the negative feed back they got from that and walk away from that philosophy.

They need to discard P2P. I've never seen as much lag in any other game than in R6V1. Did you ever try the bullet test when you played this game? I used to gauge the level of lagness by shooting at the wall. Sometimes the rounds would hit the wall after 2-3 seconds of firing my weapon. Oh boy!

Anyway, the R6 maps were always some of the best CQC maps and I hope they keep the tradition going with Patriots...as well as hooking us up with some classics.

Please use plain text.
Message 11 of 17 (422 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
602 posts

Nov 4, 2011

nuordr wrote:

That would be a great concept if it was in 3rd person view...1st person view is garbage.

**edit - It looks like it switches from 1st to 3rd, what is a typical Rainbow Six game? **

**I'm a SOCOMER, not a gamer**
**1st Person Shooters are Garbage**
Photobucket

Oh dude you need to grow out of the *I can only play third person* garbage. We all been there but seriously. You are such a small minority its laughable. Soon all games will be FP because TPS are a dieing breed.

Please use plain text.
Message 12 of 17 (422 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
4253 posts

Nov 4, 2011

i still play r6v sometimes AMAZING game but r62 was a respawn fest less playing with cover.

Please use plain text.
Message 13 of 17 (422 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
4473 posts

Nov 5, 2011

I saw a screenshot from another target video David Sears made before he decided to go with the one for R6P. 

FotoFlexer_PhotoR6PS2HD.jpg

photo FotoFlexer_PhotoS2popular.jpg
Please use plain text.
Message 14 of 17 (422 Views)
0 Likes
Keyblade Wielder
10895 posts

Nov 5, 2011

xPREDICTIONx wrote:

SMoKeY_RuN wrote:

xPREDICTIONx wrote:

Sears is a boss, I'm surprised he didn't end up with Infinity Ward after that whole debacle with law suits and all, Ubisoft must pay him well, after all he helped with the number 1 selling game on the PS2... He deserves it.

Photobucket

He's been at Ubisoft for awhile now. He's also an instructor at their campus thing they have at the studio or something like that.

Oh yea I knew that, but I thought after the big mess with IW, they would offer him some crazy money to come over.

Photobucket

Why do SOCOMers have some strange sense that this franchise was more important than it really was? They probably don't even know who the guy is, it's not like he has some amazing resume. He made SOCOM 1 and 2 and that's about it. A bunch of failed attempts at other studios before landing at Ubisoft.

Please use plain text.
Message 15 of 17 (422 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation Moderator
6694 posts

Nov 5, 2011
Please use plain text.
Message 16 of 17 (422 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
4473 posts

Nov 5, 2011

Execrate wrote:

http://www.dsogaming.com/editorial/tom-clancys-rainbow-six-patriots-target-footage-is-disappointing-...

Sig: 1 or 50000 I will be on s4 till the next socom.

"This target footage looks great visually but is so wrong in so many ways. First of all, it’s like playing Heavy Rain. These quick time events have no place in a tactical FPS game like Rainbow Six. Rainbow Six was all about plan and execute. This target footage seems more like the bastard child of Heavy Rain and a generic straight forward action-squad FPS game. This is not Rainbow Six and yeah, it’s even worse than Ghost Recon’s direction. It’s outrageous really and shows how things have changed over the course of these past years."

I liked Heavy Rain, and I like shooters, so I could see how R6P could be a great game. The only reason I didn't like previous R6 games was for the reason that the article brings up next.

"Not only that, but – and in order to appeal to the casual crowd – Ubisoft plans to add all those annoying ‘features’ like special vision modes, highlighted objects and enemies, regenerative health and a covering system that seems to be a must these days. But more or less, this is to be expected. After all, even Hitman: Absolution has an x-ray vision mode that has no place in a game like that."

Unlike Hitman: Absolution, the R6 games I've played always allowed players to see through walls and detect enemies before I even saw them. At least Hitman: Absolution varies what can be seen depending on the difficulty setting.

photo FotoFlexer_PhotoS2popular.jpg
Please use plain text.
Message 17 of 17 (422 Views)
0 Likes