Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Nov 03 2011
By: RedceII Uncharted Territory 1438 posts

David Sears working on new Rainbow Six game (link inside)

16 replies 511 views Edited Nov 3, 2011

Rainbow Six: Patriots.

http://www.gameinformer.com/b/features/archive/2011/11/03/introducing-rainbow-6-patriots.aspx

From what I've read elsewhere, and as you can see in the footage, the concept is that the player will be put into situations where they'll have to decide whether to personally sacrifice one innocent life to save the lives of many, of if that's too much of a price to pay. The events are supposed to allow the player to choose what they want to do, rather than the only option being this or that.

Given the drastic departure that the Vegas games were compared to the original games, it's hard to say what Patriots will end up like, and since the footage isn't even gameplay product, even harder to say. Nonetheless, it's "vision" is looking pretty cool!

Thoughts?

Message 1 of 17 (511 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
4187 posts

Re: David Sears working on new Rainbow Six game (link inside)

Nov 3, 2011

Holy Sh*t. I love the vision for the new game. I've been a fan of Rainbow Six since the book and I love this new concept of decision making Ubisoft has developed for this title. Hell yeah!

Message 2 of 17 (511 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3150 posts

Nov 3, 2011

That would be a great concept if it was in 3rd person view...1st person view is garbage.

**edit - It looks like it switches from 1st to 3rd, what is a typical Rainbow Six game? **

**I'm a SOCOMER, not a gamer**

**SOCOM is OFFICIALLY DEAD - INSERT SAD FACE**

Photobucket
Message 3 of 17 (511 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
4253 posts

Nov 3, 2011

R6V1 MP was amazing but two they made it faster and it was garbage. R6V is all about cover and is 3rd person only in cover and on ropes/ladders.

Message 4 of 17 (511 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3150 posts

Nov 3, 2011

Execrate wrote:

R6V1 MP was amazing but two they made it faster and it was garbage. R6V is all about cover and is 3rd person only in cover and on ropes/ladders.

Sig: 1 or 50000 I will be on s4 till the next socom.

Thank you....I am officially not interested.

**I'm a SOCOMER, not a gamer**

**SOCOM is OFFICIALLY DEAD - INSERT SAD FACE**

Photobucket
Message 5 of 17 (511 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5751 posts

Nov 4, 2011

TBH I had a great time playing both of the Rainbow Six Vegas titles.

Biggest problem they had was lack of dedicated servers (laggy rooms since one player was the host)

And the gamebreaking problem was the Developers decision to make some really large maps that 70% of the map was not used due to poor placement of the spawns.

Basically, one side was usually weak to being spawncamped due to maps not being symmetrical (same layout on both sides).

Now there was an option for people to use one playstation as the host, which freed up the lag issue but meant the host either didn't play, or would need another playstation to play.

Lot's of nice people would set their PS3 up as a host, and go to bed.

Bad side was, griefers and cheaters could only be kicked from the room by the host... so... if he was in bed...

Either way I did like most of the map designs, just them putting the spawn points way to close together on many maps for a more "visceral" experience really just led to most of the map being wasted and a crap ton of spawn camping since it took no time to get to the other spawn.

I hope they took all the negative feed back they got from that and walk away from that philosophy.

Message 6 of 17 (511 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
3228 posts

Nov 4, 2011

Sears is a boss, I'm surprised he didn't end up with Infinity Ward after that whole debacle with law suits and all, Ubisoft must pay him well, after all he helped with the number 1 selling game on the PS2... He deserves it.

Twitter: @SOCOMPre
Message 7 of 17 (511 Views)
0 Likes
Keyblade Wielder
10895 posts

Nov 4, 2011

xPREDICTIONx wrote:

Sears is a boss, I'm surprised he didn't end up with Infinity Ward after that whole debacle with law suits and all, Ubisoft must pay him well, after all he helped with the number 1 selling game on the PS2... He deserves it.

Photobucket

He's been at Ubisoft for awhile now. He's also an instructor at their campus thing they have at the studio or something like that.

Message 8 of 17 (511 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
3228 posts

Nov 4, 2011

SMoKeY_RuN wrote:

xPREDICTIONx wrote:

Photobucket

He's been at Ubisoft for awhile now. He's also an instructor at their campus thing they have at the studio or something like that.

Oh yea I knew that, but I thought after the big mess with IW, they would offer him some crazy money to come over.

Twitter: @SOCOMPre
Message 9 of 17 (511 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
4253 posts

Nov 4, 2011

http://www.dsogaming.com/editorial/tom-clancys-rainbow-six-patriots-target-footage-is-disappointing-...

Message 10 of 17 (511 Views)
0 Likes