Apr 01 2010
By: TheCopperkid First Son 15 posts

my tester rant

8 replies 26 views Edited Apr 1, 2010

so why in a 20 minute show do we see them actually playing games on the ps3 for like 9 seconds and, with the exception of the Buzz episode, they dont talk about playstation really other than the judges titles 5 times a show.  i understand that spot the difference and team building games are good for the corporate world but lets be honest wouldnt you rather see some actual "gamers" whatever the hell a "gamer" is play killzone 2 multiplayer or something on the ps3 that's competitve.  i saw them playing uncharted 2 once for 2 seconds.  what do you think?  btw there are no hot girls on the show, and doc is a poser fyi.

Message 1 of 9 (26 Views)
Hekseville Citizen
383 posts

Re: my tester rant

Apr 1, 2010

i you watched them play games then there would be no way to really see anyones performance, all you would see is how they play against someone else who is either good or bad at a certain game. Playing and Testing are 2 majorly different things. Also since this show is only seen by Playstation users, Game or other Sony related promotions would seem like overkill to pushing the label name. On another note, why would anyone want to just watch some people play games on their PS3 when they themselves can just plug in a game and play for that 20 mins?

Message 2 of 9 (26 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
662 posts

Apr 1, 2010

I'd like to see some real-world game re-creations.

Like an obstacle course where they had to jump, run, shoot.  Or some mazes, puzzles, dungeon escapes.. fun stuff like that.

I also think they need to engage the audience a little more - they have a comedian on the panel of judges, but where's the comedy?  If I was producing the show, I'd have the following"

1) Recap

2) Drama/tension

3) Challenge (various, etc)

4) Inside the world of Sony relating the challenge of the week to how it relates to the job they will be doing (observation, communication, professionalism - whatever the challenge was designed to elicit).

5) Comedy (maybe incorporated into the "inside Sony" segment)

6) Drama/tension (in anticipation of elimination)

7) Elimination 

8) Last words

9) preview of next episode

Message 3 of 9 (26 Views)
First Son
15 posts

Apr 2, 2010

well there was this one show called arena where they played games against eachother,  but i dont really see the point in the challenges they have them do for this particular show,  i guess i was just expecting to seem them perform as "gamers" since they frequnetly call themselves that especially in the first show.  ya it would be like a PS commercial the whole time and i wouldnt care b/c that's what all things like this usually are.  they're trying something "different" i guess idk.  anyways i dont think it's very entertaining, hopefully something better will spawn off this.

Message 4 of 9 (26 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1844 posts

Apr 4, 2010

LFDog wrote:

I'd like to see some real-world game re-creations.

Like an obstacle course where they had to jump, run, shoot.  Or some mazes, puzzles, dungeon escapes.. fun stuff like that.

I also think they need to engage the audience a little more - they have a comedian on the panel of judges, but where's the comedy?  If I was producing the show, I'd have the following"

1) Recap

2) Drama/tension

3) Challenge (various, etc)

4) Inside the world of Sony relating the challenge of the week to how it relates to the job they will be doing (observation, communication, professionalism - whatever the challenge was designed to elicit).

5) Comedy (maybe incorporated into the "inside Sony" segment)

6) Drama/tension (in anticipation of elimination)

7) Elimination 

8) Last words

9) preview of next episode

Recreating games in real world is a great idea.  Also, I think they should have multi player matches in sony first party games.  Multiplayer matches, sony trivia, and bug spotting should have been all of the challenges.  They waste challenges that don't really prove anything like that stupid blindfold communications thing, and the football thing.  Spot the differences in the pictures was good, the paint ball was good, and the trivia was good.  Everything else sucked.

Message 5 of 9 (26 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
496 posts

Apr 5, 2010

Welcome to the forums Copperkid!!!

photo GTASig.jpg
Message 6 of 9 (26 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
430 posts

Apr 5, 2010

TheCopperkid wrote:

so why in a 20 minute show do we see them actually playing games on the ps3 for like 9 seconds and, with the exception of the Buzz episode, they dont talk about playstation really other than the judges titles 5 times a show.  i understand that spot the difference and team building games are good for the corporate world but lets be honest wouldnt you rather see some actual "gamers" whatever the hell a "gamer" is play killzone 2 multiplayer or something on the ps3 that's competitve.  i saw them playing uncharted 2 once for 2 seconds.  what do you think?  btw there are no hot girls on the show, and doc is a poser fyi.

yea! What's the point of havening a show about gamers if there no as games.especially when the prize is to work for a game companie. I think the skills of the gamer should be tested by playing some thing like modern 2 on harden or heavy rain with in 4 hours to show Sony whos the best for the job. Not shooting a paint ball gun or larping.

those who can, do. throes who can't complain about it!
Message 7 of 9 (26 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
600 posts

Apr 5, 2010

this is not a competition to see whos the best gamer dude.  its a competition to see who will test video games and playing a bodycount match in kz2 will help u in what way exactly?

Message 8 of 9 (26 Views)
Highlighted
Treasure Hunter
6686 posts

Apr 6, 2010
Ah, ignorance has no limit. Kudos to Twiizem for being the only intelligent human being in here.

The show isn't about games, it's about getting a game testing position in Sony by participating in challenges that showcase certain skills.

I don't even know why I keep saying this though. It seems the majority are by far too damn stupid to understand this simple little concept.

Instead you guys want to watch eleven people play some MW2 and then the winner is decided by the best score... how **bleep**ing blunt and moronic.

I was going to say I'm amazed by your guys' idiocrazy but there's nothing amazing about it. I can see why Cyrus doesn't bother correcting all of you anymore.
Message 9 of 9 (26 Views)
0 Likes