Sackboy
423 posts

Re: Ignore the reviews.

Jul 2, 2015

I just picked this up on Amazon.com during a very quick sale ($19.99) and so far have been floored by how amazing this game is. Graphically it is gorgeous and the gameplay is fine. I like the way the story and action blend. However, I think Sony should have released this game at a much lower price. $29.99 or $24.99 would have been more realistic for a game with such a short campain and no online or real replay value.

I know if I were reviewing this game at $60 I too would not recommend it at that price, but $24 or $29 and I can recomend it all day every day.  Keep an eye on Amazon if you don't own it yet as I know they'll lower it again. It was #1 in all of video games when they reduced it to $19.99 and I'm sure they'll do it again. 

Message 51 of 68 (2,027 Views)
0 Likes
Shinra Executive
40084 posts

Jul 4, 2015

i jsut picked this game up today

i remember before it was released there was alota talk about it so i decided to get it

i got it for free at the gamestop buy 2 get 1 free deal

still havent even gotten to play it because i was busy with one of the other games but i did look at the reviews today and noticed they were mixed and i was kinda suprised

im glad to see this thread here tho it kinda relieves it so ill probably try this game tomorrow

Message 52 of 68 (2,015 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
4 posts

Jul 6, 2015

Finally, someone who understands a good video game when they see it. The graphics alone make this game an obvious choice for the best graphics on current-gen. The cutscenes immerse you in the world of Order: 1886 and add story development. Sadly, gamers these days don't care for a deep story, they crave short bursts of action Smiley Sad

L0NG_SHOT_28 wrote:

This game is absolutely fantastic. I don't for the life of me understand why it has garnered so much criticism. The order wasn't trying to reinvent the wheel. It's visually stunning

but most importantly it is a solid game.

And as someone who writes for a small online magazine doing reviews, I can tell you this game deserves your attention borrow it rent it or support RAD and buy it. But don't sell yourself short.

Message 53 of 68 (2,004 Views)
Sackboy
435 posts

Jul 13, 2015

LOL, it's a bad game.... Glad I didn't sell well.... GAMES ARE NOT MOVIES

Message 54 of 68 (1,806 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
3 posts

Jul 21, 2015
I agree. This game is just classic ps2. I love it no online **bleep** no 100+ hour adventure which is dumb because those who have a life (work,school...etc) can't really play as much anymore. Smiley Sad but its great its a really good story that can really immerse you into it. The guns in the game are just awesome. Especially that electric one that blows them up into little pieces. Overall its a really well made game looks beautiful and like i said has a very well written plot.
Message 55 of 68 (1,779 Views)
First Son
12 posts

Sep 2, 2015
Nice, it may seem weird but I own the game but haven't played it yet. Thanks for the info, I'll formulate my own opinion as well. The review I read bashed the game so bad
Message 56 of 68 (1,630 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
12 posts

Sep 5, 2015
dang it's boring so far. it's funny because I got bored and put it up after 30min. later that night my gf tried playing it, and when I got home she was about where I gave up and told me it was boring too. we played jeapordy together and had more fun
Message 57 of 68 (1,611 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
481 posts

Sep 11, 2015

Well from the reviews this game is not for me. unskippable cutscenes would drive me insane. Also said the game only produces 3 or less hours of gameplay. 

Message 58 of 68 (1,573 Views)
First Son
5 posts

Sep 27, 2015

This game LOOKS beautiful but, like many others said, doesn't offer much for replayability or gameplay. I will say that it's worth a rental since the characters are compelling/deep and the story is somewhat interesting. I'm glad you enjoyed the game though and I hope RAD finds success in the future since the development team is obviously quite talented! the_order__1886_wallpaper_by_de_monvarela-d770vf9.jpg

Message 59 of 68 (1,529 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1303 posts

Oct 11, 2015
I thought it was a great game. The only complaints I had are that it was too short and had the potential for coop but never implemented it.

Hopefully if a sequel is in the works, they fix those two issues.
 photo PS4Tag_zpsqnbvt5di.png
Message 60 of 68 (1,465 Views)