First Son
27 posts

Re: Ignore the reviews.

Feb 22, 2015

I'm on chapter 8 now and the story really picks up, I can't help but feel like the first couple chapters don't do this game justice, not a very strong opening.

Message 11 of 68 (2,546 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
99 posts

Feb 22, 2015

deathly1 wrote:

I'm on chapter 8 now and the story really picks up, I can't help but feel like the first couple chapters don't do this game justice, not a very strong opening.

The opening chapters were setting up the story and scene, its a new IP and it would be a bit hard to follow without it.  I think the fantastic voice and charachter animations were great at making you feel invested in this world that the devs have created,   the sound and graphics also help you believe the world in which you play in is really alive.     The attention to detail is amazing, and I think this is one of the things that some reviewers completely skipped over,  just stop , look around at the secenery,  at how lifelike everything feels and looks.

If this were a game from Microsoft it would get an 8 or 9 out of 10 but ala it is only a Sony Playstation exclusive, why would they mark it high when it is not a COD or BF clone?    Beats me this game is **bleep** fun,  going to do another run on Hard when I have finished my first playthrough (Up to chapter 8).       My favourite parts so far were the

Spoiler
Hospital and the Warehouse, so much atmosphere and the hospital was creepy, when you see that werewolf transform... wow!

Play the game with an open mind, ignore what you may have seen or read, and you might be pleasantly surprised!

Message 12 of 68 (2,531 Views)
Lombax Warrior
91 posts

Feb 22, 2015
@shadoefax

You obviously fancy the order.. I mean, you give your terrible input on every thread Smiley Happy
Message 13 of 68 (2,525 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
6407 posts

Feb 22, 2015

Backpackerrr wrote:
@shadoefax

You obviously fancy the order.. I mean, you give your terrible input on every thread Smiley Happy

Actually, I don't.  

Message 14 of 68 (2,518 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5907 posts

Feb 22, 2015
Still waiting for my preorder. Grrr...wanna play it.

Message 15 of 68 (2,510 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
138 posts

[ Edited ]
Feb 22, 2015

Finished the game yesterday & absolutely love it.

What an incredible job Ready At Dawn did with this title. It's like your playing a move, a totally immersive experience...not just a mindless button mashing game.

I suspect that if you thirst for constant run & gun, this isn't the game for you. This game has depth, beautiful to look at, & a superb story. Also, it's duration is perfect.

Glad I didn't listen to review scores...as I suspected, I would have missed out on a real gem.

Message 16 of 68 (2,502 Views)
Splicer
80 posts

Feb 22, 2015

I agree, most of the reviews were too low. To me its around a 7.5-8. Its not perfect but its a good game. Its a new IP and the devs can only learn and build on this. I'm on chapter 3 thus far. Check out my walkthrough here:

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCJaEqU9UQcwtMDPgv3DH1fQ

Message 17 of 68 (2,492 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
26 posts

Feb 22, 2015

To me this game is amazing. The graphics are astonishing and the gameplay is easy to use. I really dont understand why this game got such low scores, not every game needs a multiplayer selection or free roaming schemes. This is a story based game clearly and very interactive. A lot of people say the story is short which I don't doubt but most games now are very short in storyline. They mainly focused on the graphics engine and the story to make it one of the best realistic games out there so far which to me they succeeded in that.  I like cinamatic games and enjoy watching knowing that this is a game that people can play. I will admit I was going to buy it but Gamestop messed up my pre order so I got lucky and rented it from Redbox. Heavy Rain is a story based game that got fantastic feedback and reviews getting 9.8 in its main score, very interactive with enough gameplay but you could change your decisions. Which was probably why it got such great reviews but The Order is still the same story machanics. If you liked Heavy Rain or Beyond Two Souls then you would really enjoy playing or watching this game. I know I'm ust ranting on why people should try before they judge here but still. They only best review you will get is the one created by you.I love this game and will buy but will wait until the price drops.

Message 18 of 68 (2,470 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
305 posts

Feb 22, 2015

Yes, please ignore the reviews. I just finished the game and platinumed it, so glad I spent the money. The 5 hour claims are stupid, unless you speedrun the game and are REALLY good at it;  it's at least 8 or 9 hours long. If this game flops and we don't get a sequal, it'd be a travesty.

[url=http://www.yourgamercards.net/profile/kratos1984/][img]http://www.yourgamercards.net/trophy/a/kratos1984.png[/img][/url]
Message 19 of 68 (2,462 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
99 posts

[ Edited ]
Feb 22, 2015

kratos1984 wrote:

Yes, please ignore the reviews. I just finished the game and platinumed it, so glad I spent the money. The 5 hour claims are stupid, unless you speedrun the game and are REALLY good at it;  it's at least 8 or 9 hours long. If this game flops and we don't get a sequal, it'd be a travesty.

Yeah there were some high scores given too, my first review I read as it came up was 8 out of 10, the second loved the game and gave it a 9.5/10  and consequently was trolled because apparently if you give a good score that certain biased American websites disagree with (Who apparently only like and score highly run-and-gun COD or BF Clones, a game like this requires too much attention and thaught) *Cough IGN and Gamespot Cough to name a few*  then you must have been paid off by the game Devs or be a fanboy!!    This was strange as the game hadn't even been released to the public at this stage yet, but so many people (Probably mostly Xbox 1 or PC gamers)  hopped on the negativity band-wagon to try to bring the game down even before they had played it for themselves.   I feel sorry the most for the poor game developers, they didn't deserve all this criticism, the game is fantastic and they put so much attention to detail and 5 years of work into it ! Some supposed 'professional' reviewers and forum Trolls should be ashamed of themselves.    Please make a sequel ,  more people love this game than you would know!    (Congrats Xbox and PC gamers at completely destroying a game, hope you make one someday so we can troll you and your hard work).

Message 20 of 68 (2,448 Views)
0 Likes