First Son
2 posts

Re: Figured a way to get rid of those annoying black bars on the top and bottom of the screen....

Aug 28, 2015
Hi, not sure if anyone else has this but I just wanted to point out my LG TV has a safe zone setting for both vertical and horizontal alignment separately so just putting it out there, if you don't want to cut out the sides your TV might have this setting, although it would make the picture stretch vertically
Message 11 of 13 (1,489 Views)
0 Likes
Monster Hunter
33 posts

Re: Figured a way to get rid of those annoying black bars on the top and bottom of the screen....

Oct 20, 2015

murphdawg1 wrote:

It's actually not 800p. http://www.ign.com/blogs/-vashts/2014/11/19/why-the-order-1886-is-actually-1080p-with-a-2401-aspect-...

Actually it is 800p high. They did this for better performance though, not cinematics. That was just PR bull. But the game was fun, and look forward to 1887. Less the border of course.

Kvally
Message 12 of 13 (1,299 Views)
0 Likes
Highlighted
First Son
2 posts

Dec 11, 2015
Late to the party here I know (mainly play Xbox but love the ps4 exclusives so bought one the other week) but I'm really disappointed by the black bars too. It was the reason I took the disc out when playing The Evil Within also.

I will never understand the obsession with cutting off parts of the screen especially in video games.. It takes away from the overall immersion and games (especially ones like The Evil Within & The Order) are created for the sole purpose of being immersive.

I tried the zoom on my 55" LG tv and it helped a little but now I have a bit of motion blur. May just watch the game on YouTube. It's unplayable for me.

Lucky I found the game in a bargain bin for $19 (in Australia most games cost $80 to $100 brand new) so you can tell not many were happy with this release. What a shame!
Message 13 of 13 (1,131 Views)
0 Likes