How is it easier? Press square button. No need to aim or anything, just get close and mash the button to oblivion. You can still miss with the Shotgun easily, but missing with the Machete requires talent. For one purchase of both, you get 2 Shotgun slugs and 2 Machete slashes, but unlike the Shotgun, you can evade spending additional Parts to keep the weapon working by upgrading it, or by abusing a bug with the Survivors mode.
Maintaining it is easier on the Parts because in Supply Raid and Interrogation, you can get two sets of material to upgrade it early on and keep them between spawns. In each Interrogation I've played, unless I killed someone early on, I always found two sets of Binding and Scissors in the first 2-3 supply boxes. Just go and raid those boxes before slaughtering enemy team so that welfare doesn't cripple you. Not to mention that if it does kick in, then you can't even get 2x4 and so the Machete becomes your only available melee weapon.
In Survivors, the game is stupid enough to replenish your base Machete uses between rounds and unlike 2x4, you can actually keep the Machete between rounds, which enables you to have an acess to a melee weapon while everybody else can't even get 2x4 after the first round, or two, thanks to the welfare system.
Upgraded, even without Brawler, the Machete has 4 hits, each worth 80% of enemy's HP. One punch, Revolver, or SAR shot is enough to down the guy, in case you don't want to waste another Machete use on the remaining 20% of his HP. Brawler adds only 1 use, so there's no need to use Brawler at all, unless you want the 10% HP regen. The extra use is probably to compensate for the lack of OHKO attack.
This thread is about the Machete, not 2x4. If your argument is that the Machete can't beat upgraded 2x4, perhaps you should bash on the 2x4 instead of the Machete. As someone who uses the Machete at times, I deal with all upgraded 2x4 guys the same way. One shot from Revolver to legs and one Machete hack. Downed. Machete has faster attack than upgraded 2x4, so there's no danger of getting downed unless the 2x4 guy jumps you, or there's some sort of unholy lag involved.
You just have to stop expecting to get a super weapon for those 4 points. It's not that. It's a reliable and deadly melee weapon for cases when 2x4 is not available, or when you can't upgrade the 2x4.
I don't expect a super weapon, I expect a weapon that works. Not one that needs to rely on a glitch, having to play a certain mode, or having to rely on other weapons to be effective. You can make it work with it's high cost (parts aren't the only cost to take into account) more power to you, but I'm talking about regular play, and I've seen plenty of people in the other 2 modes have a 2x4 for literally 98% of the match, and thanks to high part intake in late interrogation matches, you will have plenty of parts to dump into fuel or shells for a flamethrower/shotgun both of which kill way faster than a machete does and they can both crowd control really well and you don't run the risk of dying by running at someone with a machete.
Reason I'm bringing up th 2x4 is because it's the only other melee weapon in the game and it's understandable for it to be so and the machete should be an improved version of the 2x4 much like all the other purchaseables are of various weapons but this isn't the case as it fails against the 2x4 very regularly.
let's also mention that in interrogation it is even moreso difficult to maintain the machete as what would you more like waste the blades on? an upkeep of a subpar purchaseable? or in bombs/molotovs wich prove to be much more useful in the safe portion of the mode. Also when the machete is given in the supply cache and people choose to keep their 2x4 above it, it's pretty laughable.
EDIT: I'm also putting pressure on the machete rather than the 2x4 mainly because I trust ND more in buffing the machete to be useful rather than nerfing the 2x4 into a useless twig.
Exactly Sand dude well said. Yeah buff the machete but dont nerf the 2x4 ND please. Just make the machete kill faster than the 2x4 and lower its load out points and drop the cost of it so machete users have a chance against us 2x4 users.
I feel like they should do something special with the machete like when you stab someone you stick the machete through them and can use them as a shield to get closer to their teammates and stab one of them too kind of like how the shiv execution makes it to where the victims body is shielding the one shiving pairtialy. Like when you stab someone with the machete your head and shoulder is shootable but the rest of your body is covered unless they flank you which shouldn't be that hard to do it's a purchasble weapon and the most expensive one at that so it should be the most special.
Please explain how I can one punch a guy to finish him off while my machete still has uses.