Highlighted
Jul 18 2013
By: VanillaBeast Sackboy 490 posts

Wanted: Teamwork

[ Edited ]
18 replies 271 views Edited Jul 18, 2013

I love how 1st person shooters based on holding down the R1 button and killing everything that moves has brainwashed most gamers.  Only a small few gamers understand the concept of teamwork and objective based games these days.  If TLOU was based on executions or downs, then that's how the game would rank you, but guess what, it ranks each game session by PARTS.  That's how it's meant to be played, but so many people totally miss this concept.  Revivies, heals, gifting, etc... is as much part fo this game as killing is.  I find it sad to be with a friend or two and get teamed up with one of you Rambo types that constantly runs (putting you on the map) like a tard shooting everything that moves, often getting killed while we hang back and use strategy and get a few thousand more parts whilst winning the match despite you.  When I see a player in the lobby that reads something like 54// with no dots, I SMH cause it clearly shows me you think this is Call of Duty.

On a positive note, many people put this game down pretty quick when they realize this game takes some teamwork and a bit of strategy, so that's nice.  A few nights ago me and Dajizzle wiped this so called "clan" out and when we got back to the lobby they were crying, and one literally said (come on man, let's go play some Modern Warfare) LOL. Totally made my night.  Let me know we were doing it right.

I commend Naughty Dog for allowing TLOU to use a concept that promotes teamwork, not just shooting the other guy.  Maybe, just maybe, if we start getting more games like this, there will be hope for these trigger happy children.  While this game isn't perfect by any means, it is def s step in the right direction for strategy and team-based online multiplayers.  Keep it up.

While my friends list is pretty much full (Thanks to GOWA and Injustice online play), I'm always looking for other like-minded players that understand teamwork and and play to have fun.  

Message 1 of 19 (271 Views)
Lombax Warrior
119 posts

Re: Wanted: Teamwork

Jul 18, 2013

Add me psn:amine-griffy 

I always have crafter and first aid on my loadouts

http://s4.photobucket.com/user/leviosacho/media/6063e192-edce-4bf4-be38-1f5c5d2df1b7.jpg.html
Message 2 of 19 (261 Views)
0 Likes
Limit Breaker
17632 posts

Jul 18, 2013
Feel free to add me. I've added a tonne of folk for this game, and its a blast to work as a team.

[ 39 ] Every time a mine downs someone an Angel gets its wings.
Message 3 of 19 (258 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
490 posts

Jul 18, 2013

amine-griffy wrote:

Add me psn:amine-griffy 

I always have crafter and first aid on my loadouts

Me too, actually.  I'm running First Aid 2 and Crafter 2 ATM.  I love the bow, so that never changes. 

Message 4 of 19 (253 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
490 posts

Jul 18, 2013

scootgar wrote:
Feel free to add me. I've added a tonne of folk for this game, and its a blast to work as a team.

Me too. I'll add you tonight, or you add me, whatever.  

I've found that I constantly get friend requests from others simply cause I use a mic and promote teamwork.  We usually try to help out the new guys, healing them, telling the to STOP RUNNING!!!! etc... lol.  Then they send a friend request and want to play with us.

All hope isn't lost, right?

Message 5 of 19 (243 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
739 posts

Jul 18, 2013
Thanks for the shout @VanillaBeast. But, this couldn't be more truthful. Non of us claim to the best players, but teamwork is refreshing and rewarding in this game. I always have First Aid 2 equipped to heal my teammates and just like @VanillaBeast I always play with a mic. I'm selective about who I play this game with because teamwork is so important to winning and like everyone else, I want to win and feed my kids. Lol!

Sometimes I get the downs, sometimes I get the executions, sometimes I the revives, and sometimes I get the heals. Doesn't matter to me as long my teammates and I are playing to together to win. But if you need to get your missions done, I'll augment my play style for you feed your peeps.

I'll throw that smoke bomb so you can get your "shiv" on. Lol. "Shivy Shivy"
Message 6 of 19 (234 Views)
0 Likes
Limit Breaker
17632 posts

Jul 18, 2013
My goodness... I spent most of last night telling people to stop sprinting.

Really low levels who'd sprint ******* EVERYWHERE!

Message 7 of 19 (208 Views)
Limit Breaker
17632 posts

Jul 18, 2013
@DaJiz- glad to see i'm not the only one who smokes for others to shiv.

Message 8 of 19 (206 Views)
0 Likes
Keyblade Wielder
7546 posts

Jul 18, 2013

I'v very heavy on team work. If my team isn't working together I'm the guy that yells "how about some teamwork over here! You're right there dude revive him!" I never leave a man behind either.

The folks I play with are also heavy on teamwork. Check us out! If you are looking for a great group of players to broaden your friends list and play with check us out here:
BHD Clan Open Enrollment

Message 9 of 19 (202 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2759 posts

Jul 18, 2013

VanillaBeast wrote:

I love how 1st person shooters based on holding down the R1 button and killing everything that moves has brainwashed most gamers.  Only a small few gamers understand the concept of teamwork and objective based games these days.  If TLOU was based on executions or downs, then that's how the game would rank you, but guess what, it ranks each game session by PARTS.  That's how it's meant to be played, but so many people totally miss this concept.  Revivies, heals, gifting, etc... is as much part fo this game as killing is.  I find it sad to be with a friend or two and get teamed up with one of you Rambo types that constantly runs (putting you on the map) like a tard shooting everything that moves, often getting killed while we hang back and use strategy and get a few thousand more parts whilst winning the match despite you.  When I see a player in the lobby that reads something like 54// with no dots, I SMH cause it clearly shows me you think this is Call of Duty.

On a positive note, many people put this game down pretty quick when they realize this game takes some teamwork and a bit of strategy, so that's nice.  A few nights ago me and Dajizzle wiped this so called "clan" out and when we got back to the lobby they were crying, and one literally said (come on man, let's go play some Modern Warfare) LOL. Totally made my night.  Let me know we were doing it right.

I commend Naughty Dog for allowing TLOU to use a concept that promotes teamwork, not just shooting the other guy.  Maybe, just maybe, if we start getting more games like this, there will be hope for these trigger happy children.  While this game isn't perfect by any means, it is def s step in the right direction for strategy and team-based online multiplayers.  Keep it up.

While my friends list is pretty much full (Thanks to GOWA and Injustice online play), I'm always looking for other like-minded players that understand teamwork and and play to have fun.  

AMEN!!!

This was what I was hoping for with KZ in terms of identity and being bold enough to be different. They caved and gave in to the demands of COD like players IMO. But TLOU, the pace, the fact that you really have to use teamwork to be successful rather than go for the most downs or executions, I hope many other games in development follow suit or improve on ND's concept. 

Add me and we can run every once in a while. Same name.

MAzing87
Message 10 of 19 (194 Views)
0 Likes