Feb 17 2014
By: Demigod257 Splicer 55 posts

Unnecessary nerf to Shivs

209 replies 867 views Edited Feb 17, 2014

Seriously....they nerf'd shiv to a point its too frusterating. I can be aiming to shiv one target and sneaking up on them but if someone just punches me it COMPLETELY stops my ability to shiv for 5sec!?!?!? No I have always been stealth player and I previously had no problem sneaking around to kill someone (albiet without them having strategist 2) but really Naughty Dog....WHAT WERE YOU DOING!?  

Message 1 of 210 (867 Views)
I Only Post Everything
960 posts

Re: Unnecessary nerf to Shivs

Feb 17, 2014

Someone already mentioned if your target is A and B player shoots or punches you, you can still shiv A.

If A damage you, it's 3 seconds (not 5) before you can shiv him.

If you're sneaking around, and someone shoots or punches you, your stealth fails.

I have no problem doin stealth shiv, I don't know what you're talking about.

I still have no problem shivving someone who is mashing square button because he was punching my teammate not me. I still am able to shiv him. Did that yesterday in fact.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Join or Support us!
https://www.facebook.com/groups/TheLastOfUsVideos

Visit my Youtube Channel - http://www.youtube.com/mrsjimmymare
Facebook - www.facebook.com/mrsjmare
Twitter - www.twitter.com/mrsjimmymare

Message 2 of 210 (859 Views)
Uncharted Territory
1529 posts

Feb 17, 2014
It was changed to prevent people from charging at somebody head first and magically shiving them while they were still in front of them. It makes complete sense that you wouldn't be able to do so. And yeah, only damage from your actual target stops you from shiving them, not damage from anythingat all.
Message 3 of 210 (824 Views)
Uncharted Territory
1210 posts

Feb 17, 2014

I had only one example for which the change fails, it happend yesterday on Checkpoint:

I was shooting a guy with two bursts but missed one bullet, so he was barely still alive and was able to escape around the corner. His buddy came along and I got distracted with him. The first guy flanked me and ran up on me and tried to shiv me, which failed because of the 3 seconds that didn't have passed. It would have been a valid shiv scenario in my opinion, because I was distracted and didn't pay attention to him (in fact I considered him healing).

In the end I got a double kill Smiley Happy

Art by Janice Chu
Message 4 of 210 (817 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
92 posts

Feb 17, 2014

The nerf is fine, imo.

0 Likes
Wastelander
674 posts

Feb 17, 2014

soriddo_suneku wrote:

The nerf is fine, imo.

Yes because it's better to mash the square button and pray that the other guy isn't using brawler, rather than learning an advanced tactic.

Message 6 of 210 (798 Views)
Treasure Hunter
6514 posts

Feb 17, 2014
Advanced tactic? Lol! How is pressing triangle after moving in a semi circle an advanced tactic? It's the same as mashing square.

If you want an advantage in a melee situation the use brawler. That's what it's DESIGNED to do.
Message 7 of 210 (795 Views)
Treasure Hunter
6514 posts

[ Edited ]
Feb 17, 2014
Especially because it gave you an instant KILL not a DOWN.
Message 8 of 210 (793 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
55 posts

Feb 17, 2014

Ummmm nooo. Yesterday multiple times I went to shiv Target A and Target B punched me and stopped my ability to shiv entirely. Whether its 3 or 5 secs it makes no sense to completely stop onces ability to shiv. So yeah you can call it what you want but being smart and tactical in a TACTICAL shooter is much better than going around BASHING square button. 

You are right they literally made brawler an ability with NO DOWNSIDES because in a fistfight...unless you have brawler as well you will ALSO lose. This is what shiv dancing compensated for. I had a match with a buddy the other day where it literally becameafistfight amongst 5 ppl in a room...i got punch once from the side and couldnt shiv the guy in front of me.

but its okay clearly the people who are fine with this nerf either button mash square or frankly are ignorant

Message 9 of 210 (769 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
6514 posts

Feb 17, 2014
So mashing triangle as you attempt a semi circle around someone is ok but mashing square is not? Triangle mashing is skilled by square mashing is not skilled!

Lol great logic!
Message 10 of 210 (762 Views)